Top-100 Hockey Players of All-Time - Preliminary Discussion Thread (Revenge of Michael Myers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
Not quoting anyone just an accumulation of contributions going back to childhood.

Leadership is the ability to prepare all(teammates,students) for excellence or the ability to surpass themselves given opportunities and circumstances.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
I believe I made that suggestion first and I want credit for it.
Actually, I think it was seventieslord that first came to the table with that one. After I took in the response of TheDevilMadeMe on the matter, I very much re-thought my perspective on what constituted a "must-list" player. Nothing like two posters whom I respect taking opposite sides of a position to make me think long and hard about where I want to come down on a particular issue. It complicates things when there's little or no gap in witness-credibility.

When such a gap does exist, it can sometimes simplify things.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Actually, I think it was seventieslord that first came to the table with that one. After I took in the response of TheDevilMadeMe on the matter, I very much re-thought my perspective on what constituted a "must-list" player. Nothing like two posters whom I respect taking opposite sides of a position to make me think long and hard about where I want to come down on a particular issue. It complicates things when there's little or no gap in witness-credibility.

When such a gap does exist, it can sometimes simplify things.

Going back, I think I would've withdrawn Clapper completely from my list, to put this to the test. I've always been fair and candid in these projects, but the mere suggestion made me want to ditch Clapper completely. And it's not like it would've changed a lot for the aggregate, since I was ranking him at the tail end anyways.

Last edited:

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Question deserves an answer. Main-board has active project- in the low-20s at the time of this writing.

General Hockey Discussion>National Hockey League Talk>Polls (hockey related only)

Or: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/the-22nd-best-player-in-nhl-history.2560577/

We could sneer- but I won't (well... not so much, anyway). I think they were a mere transposition away from getting the order of the Big Four just right.

You'll see worse-looking lists. Bowman. Fischler. NHL-100. Main-board effort looks jurist-sober compared to those three iterations.

Yes, that's... an... ermmm... project I've been working on.

People have been complaining about the results throughout and I've stated I don't expect the results to be credible or anything. I want to how the main board perception of hockey players/history compares to the perception of hockey historian types.

Anyway, you're welcome to continue responding to the polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->