top 100 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoopy

Mar 5, 2005
I see that mckeens has updated their top 100 for 2006. I don't know why Mueller dropped to 6th. The top 15 are free so I don't think there is a problem posting them here?

2006 NHL DRAFT RANKINGS
1 - Phil Kessel C
2 - Michael Frolik RW
3 - Jonathan Toews C
4 - Jordan Staal C
5 - Erik Johnson D
6 - Peter Mueller C
7 - Bryan Little C
8 - James Sheppard C
9 - Billy Sauer G
10 - Derick Brassard C
11 - Nicklas Backstrom C
12 - Kyle Okposo RW
13 - Bob Sanguinetti D
14 - Vladimir Zharkov RW
15 - Jiri Tlusty C

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Beatnik said:
The CSB preliminary ranking are also out. No big surprise there.

Where is E.Johnson playing? I don't see him in the CSB ranking.

He is playing with the US-U18 team, which is classified as high school, so he is not included in any of the sub-rankings. A very incomplete list without that team's players, although I guess their high school scouting isn't complete, so they see it as unfair to release the rankings.

But given the US-U18 team plays college teams most of the time, it is kind of dumb not to include them in the college rankings (even though they are not in college). It would be simple enough to classify it as college/U18, which makes sense given the number of top rated players on the U18 team. Last year there were more 1st rounders coming from that one team than any college conference (and the same number as all college teams).

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
vanwychen27 said:
Any specific reason why Joensuu has dropped so far or was he just overhyped.

They like him, but just think he lacks the upside of some of the others. They specifically state: "Potentially solid pro with size and diligence, but lacks the scoring lustre to be top 10 for the more offensive NHL era"

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Sanguinetti made a huge jump on that list. I think he was in the 60s at the time of their last update. Billy Sauer has also climbed a bit. I wouldn't be surprised at all if ends up on the U.S. WJC team.

no Gino

May 16, 2005
Snoopy said:
I see that mckeens has updated their top 100 for 2006. I don't know why Mueller dropped to 6th. The top 15 are free so I don't think there is a problem posting them here?

2006 NHL DRAFT RANKINGS
1 - Phil Kessel C
2 - Michael Frolik RW
3 - Jonathan Toews C
4 - Jordan Staal C
5 - Erik Johnson D
6 - Peter Mueller C
7 - Bryan Little C
8 - James Sheppard C
9 - Billy Sauer G
10 - Derick Brassard C
11 - Nicklas Backstrom C
12 - Kyle Okposo RW
13 - Bob Sanguinetti D
14 - Vladimir Zharkov RW
15 - Jiri Tlusty C

Is Codey Burki anywhere in the top 100? He is currently 5th in the WHL according to CSB.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
Brassard made a huge jump...

Great to see that

Do they have Mathieu Carle and DeGray in the first round?

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Snoopy said:

2006 NHL DRAFT RANKINGS
1 - Phil Kessel C
2 - Michael Frolik RW
3 - Jonathan Toews C
4 - Jordan Staal C
5 - Erik Johnson D
6 - Peter Mueller C
7 - Bryan Little C
8 - James Sheppard C
9 - Billy Sauer G
10 - Derick Brassard C
11 - Nicklas Backstrom C
12 - Kyle Okposo RW
13 - Bob Sanguinetti D
14 - Vladimir Zharkov RW
15 - Jiri Tlusty C
I respect this list more than any others I've seen so far.

A Good Flying Bird*

X-SHARKIE said:
Carle is 23, Degray fell a bit to 37, saying.."Big, brainy blueliner's stock could suffer playing for a poor team .. not physical enough"

Any world about Robert Nyholm?

JSmith81x

Your weapon is guilt
Dec 20, 2002
Visit site
Beatnik said:
The CSB preliminary ranking are also out. No big surprise there.

Where is E.Johnson playing? I don't see him in the CSB ranking.
He's on CS's "Players to Watch" list as an A player.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Dr.Sens(e) said:
They like him, but just think he lacks the upside of some of the others. They specifically state: "Potentially solid pro with size and diligence, but lacks the scoring lustre to be top 10 for the more offensive NHL era"

Hmm, interesting. I've been thinking that he has something of a Brendan Shanahan in him.. one more thing, McKeens seems to imho rate North Americans far higher than europeans, is there a reason for it besides maybe scouting the North Americans more?

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Raimo Sillanpää said:
Hmm, interesting. I've been thinking that he has something of a Brendan Shanahan in him.. one more thing, McKeens seems to imho rate North Americans far higher than europeans, is there a reason for it besides maybe scouting the North Americans more?

I subscribe to McKeens and ISS and I actually feel that ISS has a bigger NA bias. Don't know about Redline.

Snoopy

Mar 5, 2005
north american bias

I'd think that it would be natural to have some leaning towards players over here cause the game is more similar.

Raimo Sillanpää said:

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Does anybody is registered on Mckeen's?

I need a user name and a password... I can't subscribe, my dad doesn't want. I would like to see the top 100 with descriptions... anybody is registered?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Raimo Sillanpää said:

He's probably just not as good, in all honesty. The European crop this year pretty much blows.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
expofan said:
Is Codey Burki anywhere in the top 100? He is currently 5th in the WHL according to CSB.
Can you pick a number between 68 and 70??!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->