Top 10 Swedish Hockey Players of All Time?

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
For those who says Forsberg never scored more than 30 goals.

Forsberg was a pretty good goal scorer, as he showed when it mattered the most, the playoffs. Forsberg outscored many of the greats in the post season.

Forsberg's goal per game in the playoffs puts him ahead of players like...
Sergei Fedorov, Teemu Selanne, Steve Yzerman, Glenn Anderson, Paul Kariya, Pavel Datsyuk, Adam Deadmarsh, Doug Gilmour, Mike Modano, Brendan Shanahan, Bryan Trottier, Bobby Clarke, Alexander Mogilny, Ted Lindsay, Bobby Orr, Peter Stastny, Luc Robitaille, Milan Hejduk, Jason Spezza, Andy Bathgate, Denis Savard, Michel Goulet, Patrick Marleau, Mats Sundin, Pat LaFontaine, Lanny McDonald, Claude Lemieux, Jeremy Roenick, Stan Mikita, Darryl Sittler, Frank Mahovlich, Mike Gartner, John LeClair, Markus Naslund... just to name a few.

For example, Forsberg has scored 12 goals more than Fedorov in the playoffs despite playing in 33 games less.
He scored at that rate even though he played over 150 playoff games aswell. (almost all of them in the dead-puck era.)
Forsberg also has 14 game winning goals in the playoffs. (10th all-time).
I think that is pretty good considering his primary weapon was his extraordinary vision and unique playmaking skills.
You lost me at Adam Deadmarsh,dude was a punching bag.Feds in his prime was better then everyone on that list but MAYBE Stevie.
I could find a numerical stat that tells you oatmeal rasin cookies are better then chocolate chip cookies but its simply not true.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
You lost me at Adam Deadmarsh,dude was a punching bag.Feds in his prime was better then everyone on that list but MAYBE Stevie.
I could find a numerical stat that tells you oatmeal rasin cookies are better then chocolate chip cookies but its simply not true.
LOL so Fedorov was better than Bobby Orr too? But it's funny that you only mention Yzerman as MAYBE.
What a homer... :biglaugh:

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
Funny how you didn't mention chocolate chip cookies!! My logic and info is accurate!
Homer:laugh:
tumblr_inline_n0bg5qry0N1ryp1vd.gif

If you think that Fedorov was better than Orr so your logic and info are dumb but keep trying homer. :laugh:

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
tumblr_inline_n0bg5qry0N1ryp1vd.gif

If you think that Fedorov was better than Orr so your logic and info are dumb but keep trying homer. :laugh:
Peak Fedorov was the best hockey player to ever walk the planet earth.
I don't know if space aliens are good at hockey so I'll leave them out of the conversation.
Jurys still out on McDavid.
I'm a Wings fan but live in Colorado I got to watch Feds and Fopa all the time
Feds > Fopa but its close.

Reactions: KJoe88

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I feel like Lundqvist is being underrated

He's had a better career than the likes of Alfredsson, Backstrom and Zetterberg

Reactions: td_ice

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
On Forsberg....

"He was the most talented guy I ever played with, for just pure raw talent. But more than that, he was a winner and a total gamer, he just wanted to win. He didn't care who scored all the goals or who got all the credit. He just wanted to win, and that's why his teams won as much as they did. We were all very lucky to play with him."

"He was such an unselfish player, he loved to setup teammates, he's passing ability was second to none. He created alot of empty nets for alot of players and im one of the big benefactors from him, I got alot of easy goals thanks to Peter. There was nobody in my era there that was as skilled as him and that could play that tough style of hockey and i know when see other friends, he's the one player they mentioned they hated to play against." -- Joe Sakic

"Peter Forsberg is one of the best hockey players that ever played the game, and I actually don't think that anyone has been so good as Peter was during his peak, I've played against him alot, so I should know." -- Vjatjeslav Fetisov

At the HHOF induction, was asked the question on which player he thinks it's the best he ever played against. -- I would probably say that Forsberg is the best player I ever played against" -- Scott Stevens

"Some of the stuff he does is just ridiculous. Jaromir Jagr is big and strong like Forsberg, but Jagr doesn't fight back if you play him tough like Forsberg does. "I think he's the toughest player in the game to play against." -- Derian Hatcher

"For me, an agitator is somebody who controls the emotion of the game," "And Peter definitely controls the emotion of the game for them." "The only thing that stopped Forsberg is that he ran out of gas when they double- and tripleshifted him, and he wasn't able to use his speed, plus his strength," Hitchcock says. "I remember one time he kept the puck in our end for 40, maybe 50 seconds, and we couldn't get the thing away from him. His ability to knock Derian Hatcher on his butt while giving up 40 pounds shows how he can completely control and dominate a game. He's a player with skill and talent who occasionally goes maniacal. Boy, he gets a really strange look in his eyes. It's like the same steely glare that Mark Messier always gets, and you don't want to be anywhere near him." -- Ken Hitchcock

"Obviously one of the best players in the league the last 15 years, a guy who really controlled the play when he was on the ice, and there's only a handful of guy's in the league at any given era that really, actually controlled the play when the're where on the ice, just his combination of skill, strenght, determinition, and a bit of meanness or alot of meanness actually made him one of the best players to play." -- Steve Yzerman

"Peter is the best all-around player in the NHL, bar none. He's a competitor. He's the ultimate warrior. His hands are electric. He's one of the smartest players on the ice, and he knows where everybody is. He always makes the right play, and he even makes the plays you don't think he can make. He's so fast on his feet and so powerful. And he's mean. The guy is so talented, he's disgusting to watch." -- Jeremy Roenick

"If you could be anyone else in hockey, who would it be?" -- "That's easy. Peter Forsberg," (Claude) Lemieux says. "I could still be mean and nasty, but if I had all of the skills that he has, I might have won five or six Stanley Cups by now. "I can only dream of skating like Peter. Either that or buy some rocket-powered skates." "(After seeing) a Michael Jordan or a Wayne Gretzky, you think you've seen it all," Lemieux says, "and then Peter shows you something entirely new. "It's the way he creates space, uses space. It's the way he sees the ice. It's the way he picks up speed even after he picks up the puck. And it's the meanness, the nastiness." -- Claude Lemieux

"He's a coach's dream. The more crucial the time in a game or a series, the tougher he gets. I think sometimes he's able to flip on a switch in his mind and be at a different level than everyone else. He is the strongest player I've ever played against" -- Ray Bourque
"Peter's ability to change the game was bar none, he could bring so many elements to a game to change it... My best advice when you're playing against Peter is to go change and let someone else play against him." -- Adam Deadmarsh

"The toughest NHL player you ever played against?" -- Quite easily Peter Forsberg. We have had our battles (he said laughing)... Forsberg was a one-man wrecking crew. He was so skilled and yet so powerful.. the man could simply do it all and at the same time he was hard as nails. He was extremely tough to play against. He was down right nasty." -- Chris Chelios

"Peter Forsberg's skills and determination made him one of the most powerful forwards in the NHL during the best years of his career. Hearing of his retirement is sad news but one day every athlete has to come to this decision. He should be very proud of all he accomplished throughout his career." -- Patrick Roy

"Peter has had a tremendous career. He's been a world class player, one of the superstars of the NHL. I've had the pleasure of playing with him on national teams and the gold-medal-winning Olympic team in Torino. It's sad to see him retire, but he wanted to go out on his own terms and I believe he's doing that. I wish him well in all of his future endeavors." -- Nicklas Lidstrom [/QUOTE]

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
I don't know if space aliens are good at hockey so I'll leave them out of the conversation.
:lol::lol::lol:

So peak Fedorov was better than Gretzky, Orr, Mario Lemieux and Gordie Howe too and you still think that your logic and info are accurate? And you dare not pretend to be a homer. :biglaugh:

Forsberg can't even touch the Big Four and he was better than Fedorov.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
This post is just so dumb and full of bias.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Sure brah

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
:lol::lol::lol:

So peak Fedorov was better than Gretzky, Orr, Mario Lemieux and Gordie Howe too and you still think that your logic and info are accurate? And you dare not pretend to be a homer. :biglaugh:

Forsberg can't even touch the Big Four and he was better than Fedorov.
This is not a debate , it is fact.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
For those who says Forsberg never scored more than 30 goals.

Forsberg was a pretty good goal scorer, as he showed when it mattered the most, the playoffs. Forsberg outscored many of the greats in the post season.

Forsberg's goal per game in the playoffs puts him ahead of players like...
Sergei Fedorov, Teemu Selanne, Steve Yzerman, Glenn Anderson, Paul Kariya, Pavel Datsyuk, Adam Deadmarsh, Doug Gilmour, Mike Modano, Brendan Shanahan, Bryan Trottier, Bobby Clarke, Alexander Mogilny, Ted Lindsay, Bobby Orr, Peter Stastny, Luc Robitaille, Milan Hejduk, Jason Spezza, Andy Bathgate, Denis Savard, Michel Goulet, Patrick Marleau, Mats Sundin, Pat LaFontaine, Lanny McDonald, Claude Lemieux, Jeremy Roenick, Stan Mikita, Darryl Sittler, Frank Mahovlich, Mike Gartner, John LeClair, Markus Naslund... just to name a few.

For example, Forsberg has scored 12 goals more than Fedorov in the playoffs despite playing in 33 games less.
He scored at that rate even though he played over 150 playoff games aswell. (almost all of them in the dead-puck era.)
Forsberg also has 14 game winning goals in the playoffs. (10th all-time).
I think that is pretty good considering his primary weapon was his extraordinary vision and unique playmaking skills.
I've been mentioning this a few times but no one seems to give a damn, but that just tells us that some people, like that Angry Hank-guy, cant take stuff in and process it. Kinda like Trumpers

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
Fedorov was unreal. There wasnt anything he couldn't do on a hockey rink. Behind gretzky maybe the smartest hockey player all time.
Being the smartest and the best player is not the same thing at all. Igor Larionov was a really smart player too but he was far to be the best.

By the way Forsberg was really smart too.

Last edited:

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
This is not a debate , it is fact.

[mod] Forsberg was much better than Federov. Forsberg was a warrior, fought in the trenches (battled in the corners), did all the dirty work, strong as an Ox, had incredible lower body strength & balance, great edge work. Was an awesome playmaker, amazing poise with an unbelievable skillset. But when you think Federov is better than Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr & Howe you are in la la land.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lexus

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Being the smartest and the best player is not the same thing at all. Igor Larionov was a really smart player too but he was far to be the best.
Feds skillset was better then any player ever.The NHL has never seen a better skater period.Forward he was faster then everyone,backwards he was as fast as anyone..100 MPH slapshot.If you broke open a chemistry set and dumped in everything you need to make the perfect hockey player,Fedorov would come flying out of that test tube.
21 was great and its close, I no doubt give Forsberg the nod at being more physical.However when its said and done,Fedorov.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
[mod] Forsberg was much better than Federov. Forsberg was a warrior, fought in the trenches (battled in the corners), did all the dirty work, strong as an Ox, had incredible lower body strength & balance, great edge work. Was an awesome playmaker, amazing poise with an unbelievable skillset. But when you think Federov is better than Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr & Howe you are in la la land.
[mod] Honestly I think between these to players it comes down to preference.Everything you said about Forsberg is true no question.Ill still take Feds with his ability to throw the cuffs on Lindros /Mario etc with his unbelievable shutdown ability.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad