Top 10 players at each position at the mid-way mark

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I'm a Jackets fan, so I look at this list through Blue colored glasses. I'm surprised that Can Atkinson is on pace for 49-50 goals and that is not enough to draw a sniff .
The question becomes who does he replace? That is what makes doing top-10 lists really tough; there are about twenty guys which in a vacuum you would look at and say "yeah, he is top 10", but then you actually write up a list and you end up with some tough decisions to make and some good players end up getting squeezed out.

So out of the HMs for wingers (M. Tkachuck, Huberdeau, Kessel, Stone) who do you think Atkinson should bump out and why is he more deserving then the other guy?

Draisaitl is on pace for 45 goals and is one of 13 guys on pace to get 100 points, and even he doesn't get a sniff

Like Stone, fans made a good argument and he go added to the HMs, replacing Lindholm on the first round of edits. Unfortunately the article itself cant show the updated edits, just the first post in the discussion, so look there for the up-to-date lists.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
McDavid

108 points last season (in 82 games) + 62 points this season (in 41 games)
Totals: 170 points (in 123 games), 1.382 points per game

MacKinnon

97 points last season (in 74 games) + 63 points this season (in 42 games)
160 points (in 116 games), 1.379 points per game

Very similar production, which is why they are 1 and 2 on my list but technically you are incorrect in terms of both gross production and per-game production, but only by the slimmest of margins.

McDavid gets the edge for me since he has had to do more with way less this season than MacKinnon.

But I mean just the page before you and others praised Draisaitl whom is on McDavid line?

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Do any of you guys think Bergeron should probably be #1 centre? - he missed a bunch of times but just considering how dominant he is when out there?

I mean - you have the best defensive forward in the NHL only behind MacKinnon and McDavid in points per game - while considering the p.k., face-offs, match-ups, etc... hard to think anyone is more impactful than him in a game-to-game situation.

honest question. i'm just wondering if because he missed games if people are over-looking how dominant he's been.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
But I mean just the page before you and others praised Draisaitl whom is on McDavid line?
And MacKinnon is my number two centre in all of the NHL. He is absolutely deserving of this. This factor is just what puts McDavid over the top given their very similar statistical production over the season. Draisaitl got an honourable mention, and originally I had left him off entirely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad