Top 10 overall picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Putting all reason aside for a minute, who are the top 10 picks in this draft, if choosing solely on talent and impact sooner rather than later on an NHL team? Forget what team is choosing and their specific positonal needs.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Evgeny Malkin
3. Cam Barker
4. Rostislav Olesz
5. Andrew Ladd
6. Lauri Tukonen
7. Marek Schwarz
8. Robbie Schremp
9. Alvaro Montoya
10. Alexander Radulov

thestonedkoala

1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Evgenii Malkin
3. Marek Schwarz
4. Andrew Ladd
5. Cam Barker
6. Rostislav Olesz
7. Lauri Tukonen
8. Robbie Schremp
9. Al Montoya
10. Alexander Radulov

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Based on pure skills;

1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Robbie Schremp
3. Evgeni Malkin
4. Marek Schwarz
5. Rotislav Olesz
6. Cam Barker
7. Andrew Ladd
8. Al Montoya
9. Lauri Tukonen
10. Alex Radulov

J-D

Feb 27, 2002
the dizzle!
Visit site
For the first three the same 10 are in the top 10! :banana:

Based on what I've read and saw:

1. A. Ovechkin
2. E. Malkin
3. R. Olesz
4. C. Barker
5. A. Ladd
6. D. Stafford
7. A. Thelen
8. L. Tukonen
9. L. Smid
10. M. Green

slyc

Sep 26, 2003
Cantley, Canada
www.live365.com
J-D said:

1. A. Ovechkin
2. E. Malkin
3. R. Olesz
4. C. Barker
5. A. Ladd
6. D. Stafford
7. A. Thelen
8. L. Tukonen
9. L. Smid
10. M. Green
:lol: Robbie Schremp isn't even on his list. Keep reading about Hockey guy.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Top 10 skaters:

1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Evgenii Malkin
3. Andrew Ladd
4. Rob Schremp
5. Rostislav Olesz
6. Cameron Barker
7. Lauri Tukonen
8. Alexandre Picard
9. Alexander Radulov
10. A.J. Thelen

Top goalthenders:

1. Marek Schwarz
2. Alvaro Montoya
3. Cory Schneider
4. Devan Dubnyk
5. David Brown

vega007

How can Andrew Ladd even be in the top 50, nevermind the top 10? This is a huge joke, and a sad commentary on a system in which your draft position is determined by your hype. Have any of you guys actually seen this guy play? I watch him 40+ times a year live and I don't think I'm going way out on a limb to say he will never make it in the NHL.

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
Well, going by pure skills, I'd have to say Schremp could very well be the most skilled player. Ovechkin would be tied with him for sure, and a much more complete package, but Schremp has SO much offensive talent. I've never seen much Ovechkin but I mean Schremp was awesome in the top prospects game and various other games I saw him play. He has tons of skill, and he could be the best offensive player in the draft a few years into his career. Ovechkin wins any day but Schremp comes very close.

1.Alexander Ovechkin
2.Robbie Schremp
3.Evgeni Malkin
4.Cam Barker
5.Lauri Tukonen
6.Rostislav Olesz
7.Alexander Radulov
8.Andrew Ladd
9.Alexandre Picard
10.Ladislav Smid/AJ Thelen

I like Smid a lot too, but I gotta admit now matter how much I overrate him I can't see him being better than tied with Thelen this year.

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
J-D said:

1. A. Ovechkin
2. E. Malkin
3. R. Olesz
4. C. Barker
5. A. Ladd
6. D. Stafford
7. A. Thelen
8. L. Tukonen
9. L. Smid
10. M. Green

Schremp should be on there, same goes for Radulov, and how the heck did Tukonen fall to #8?

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
vega007 said:
How can Andrew Ladd even be in the top 50, nevermind the top 10? This is a huge joke, and a sad commentary on a system in which your draft position is determined by your hype. Have any of you guys actually seen this guy play? I watch him 40+ times a year live and I don't think I'm going way out on a limb to say he will never make it in the NHL.

You also said Regehr was better than Ohlund. No offense, but your credibility isn't exactly booming.

Last edited:

CH Wizard

1. A. Ovechkin
2. E. Malkin
3. R. Olesz
4. C. Barker
5. A. Ladd
6. L.Tukonen
7. A. Thelen
8. D.Stafford
9. L. Smid
10. A.Radulov

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
thegreatone said:
1. A. Ovechkin
2. E. Malkin
3. R. Olesz
4. C. Barker
5. A. Ladd
6. L.Tukonen
7. A. Thelen
8. D.Stafford
9. L. Smid
10. A.Radulov

Wow, maybe I wasn't really overrating Smid...

Although I would expect to see Schremp since it's based on pure talent and offensive skill.

vega007

monster_bertuzzi, lets try and keep the threads topical, otherwise I will be forced to delete your posts. thank you

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
vega007 said:
How can Andrew Ladd even be in the top 50, nevermind the top 10?

Probably because he's a skilled player.

And I'd have to disagree about it being a sad joke. Nobody said he's Ovechkin or anything, but the guy has good offensive skill and plays with an edge.

vega007

kovalchuk17atl no offence but this board is full of 13 year old kids who take what other people say and package it into their own opinion.

Do you even know what Andrew Ladds number is? I had some guy in the NYR forum trying to tell me that Ladd didn't play on a line with Getzlaf, and the guy didn't even know who O'Malley is.

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
vega007 said:
kovalchuk17atl no offence but this board is full of 13 year old kids who take what other people say and package it into their own opinion.

Do you even know what Andrew Ladds number is? I had some guy in the NYR forum trying to tell me that Ladd didn't play on a line with Getzlaf, and the guy didn't even know who O'Malley is.

Nah I don't really care about players who won't fall to my team except the guys like Ovechkin. I really don't care about what is number is or anything like that, I take all that info from his stats. And contrary to what some people say, stats do tell most of the story. You can't rack up more than 100+ PIMs without playing with an edge, and you can't put up 70+ points without some skill, can you?

vega007

hey buddy I don't meant offend or anything but........

look at the line Lindros played with in junior and where those two guys went in the draft. then look at where their NHL careers went.

vega007

Rob Pearson and Matt Hoffman

Pearson went 12th overall to the Leafs in '89.

vega007

Lemieux played on a line in junior with two guys by the names of:

Jacques Goyette (170 points)
Francois Sills (129 points)

Now I'm certainly not comparing Getzlaf to Lindros or Lemieux but think about it.

vega007

neither of those players were ever drafted by the way.

299 points between them and they didn't even command a ninth round pick.

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
vega007 said:
hey buddy I don't meant offend or anything but........

look at the line Lindros played with in junior and where those two guys went in the draft. then look at where their NHL careers went.

My only point is that Ladd will be a skilled NHLer, I'm not talking about any two guys who played with Lindros, I'm not talking about anyone. Ladd will make the NHL, and he'll probably be a good first or second liner. Not a superstar but still a good player. I really don't know much about his speed or anything but I sort of see an Olli Jokinen type of guy in that he can hit and score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad