Top 10 NHL Rookies...

Haddock

Jan 7, 2004
Moulinsart
Colaiacovo deserves some mention.
Sure mention him. I'll be a homer too and mention Latendresse. Both have no place in the top ten though. And since this is about a top ten of rookies, then we're both wasting everybody's time aren't we?

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Sure mention him. I'll be a homer too and mention Latendresse. Both have no place in the top ten though. And since this is about a top ten of rookies, then we're both wasting everybody's time aren't we?

Its a way of me appreciating his play, not being a homer. I see him all the time because he plays for my team, so I know how valuable he is. He single-handedly saves goals on a bunch of occasions by diving. He's been very very good for the Leafs since he's come back from his injury. He's contributing by scoring goals, and preventing them.

And I just feel he deserves some mention. Ian White does too. I didnt rip that list apart. Its ok from I see, but I still believe Colaiacovo or White could be fit in there. They're both very important to the team.

And you do know Ian White has 21 points playing with Hal Gill right? Thats right Hal Gill.

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
No list should exist WITHOUT Colaiacovo. Sorry, but if Maurice put him with Kabby he'd be in the top 5 of everyone. But all he seems to do as of late in non-leaf fans eyes is save McGiveaway's ass. But realise how hard that is to do.

Slink

Jan 31, 2004
Newmarket, ON
Its a way of me appreciating his play, not being a homer. I see him all the time because he plays for my team, so I know how valuable he is. He single-handedly saves goals on a bunch of occasions by diving. He's been very very good for the Leafs since he's come back from his injury. He's contributing by scoring goals, and preventing them.

And I just feel he deserves some mention. Ian White does too. I didnt rip that list apart. Its ok from I see, but I still believe Colaiacovo or White could be fit in there. They're both very important to the team.

And you do know Ian White has 21 points playing with Hal Gill right? Thats right Hal Gill.

I hope you're kidding about Colaiacovo. I'm a Leaf fan and he isn't even the best rookie D-man on the Leafs and White doesn't deserve to be on that top 10 list either. Colaiacovo has been nothing more than mediocre in his first full season up in the NHL. He makes just as many mental errors as Bryan McCabe.

FreshClean

Aug 29, 2006
1. Malkin
2. Kopitar
3. Staal
4. Stastny
5. Penner
6. Vlasic
7. Wolski/Radulov
9. White/Carle

It got pretty tough near the end. The only reason White is there is because of his great outlet pass. Zajac should be in there but I just couldnt find a fit.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Colaiacovo deserves some mention.

Is the title not in English:dunno: .

Hey Blue Thunder if he deserves a mention then list your top 15. Sorry your top 20, that should give you some work.

and to the 2nd Blue Thunder yeah right let's not start *****ing about what Maurice plays him with whom ever or if he gets more ice time. Or any other coach plays anyone with another instead of this one.:shakehead

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
Why do the Leafs fans always come on Threads and start whining for this and that :dunno: The thread says to write your top 10 rookies candidate, is it that hard to understant ?! :help:

So Here's mine:

1- Evgeni Malkin
2- Anze Kopitar
3- Paul Stastny
4- Jordan Staal
5- Wojtek Wolski
6- M-E Vlasic
7- Travis Zajac
8- Dustin Penner
9- Matt Carle
10- Alexander Radulov

Jaydepps

Aug 5, 2006
Greenfield, MA
1. Anze Kopitar
2. Evgeni Malkin
3. Paul Stastny
4. Jordan Staal
5. Wojtek Wolski
6. Dustin Penner
7. Matthew Carle
8. Joe Pavelski
9. Ryane Clowe
10. Travis Zajac

Last edited:

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
1- Evgeni Malkin
2- Anze Kopitar
3- Paul Stastny
4- Jordan Staal
5- Wojtek Wolski
6-Travis Zajac
7-Dustin Penner
8-M-E Vlasic
9- Matt Carle
10- Alexander Radulov

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
These lists are decent, but I'd be tempted to put Giordano from the Flames in ahead of Vlasic, or as one poster put in Colaiacovo.

Breaking in on a pretty good Flames blue line ahead of Zyuzin, scoring 7 goals and 15 points in 42 games and a plus seven should put in in pretty decent company in terms of rookie defensemen.

LamborGREENie

Oct 2, 2006
Montreal
1. Evgeni Malkin (C-PIT)
2. Paul Stastny (C-COL)
3. Anze Kopitar (C-LAK)
4. Wojtek Wolski (LW-COL)
5. Jordan Staal (C-PIT)
6. Matt Carle (D-SJS)
7. Dustin Penner (C-ANA)
8. Travis Zajac (C-NJD)
9. Ryane Clowe (RW-SJS)
10. Alexander Radulov (RW-NSH)

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
These lists are decent, but I'd be tempted to put Giordano from the Flames in ahead of Vlasic, or as one poster put in Colaiacovo.

Breaking in on a pretty good Flames blue line ahead of Zyuzin, scoring 7 goals and 15 points in 42 games and a plus seven should put in in pretty decent company in terms of rookie defensemen.

Giordano is 4 years older than Vlasic if it comes to adding him to a top ten list then I would certainly be dropping Penner and Giordano from any consideration.
You want to add him? Let's see your list.:dunno:

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Why do the Leafs fans always come on Threads and start whining for this and that :dunno: The thread says to write your top 10 rookies candidate, is it that hard to understant ?! :help:

So Here's mine:

1- Evgeni Malkin
2- Anze Kopitar
3- Paul Stastny
4- Jordan Staal
5- Wojtek Wolski
6- M-E Vlasic
7- Travis Zajac
8- Dustin Penner
9- Matt Carle
10- Alexander Radulov

Hey, as far as I'm concerned I just stated my opinion. Never in my sentences did I show, or tried to show I was whining. But, it was the other childish users who did that.
If just stating the opinion would invite other users to flame on Leafs fans then I dont know why swearing isnt allowed on this board.
Never did I compare two players on the board, neither did I complain about the list. I just said ' Colaiacovo deserves some mention '. And there you go...a Habs fan enters the scene, and wouldnt you know it, another fan sees its a chance to flame a Leaf, so takes the oppurtunity.

You guys are hillarious, man. Grow up. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad