Top 10 NHL Draft Re-Entries from the OHL for 2018

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
OHL Prospects: Sunday Top 10 - 2018 NHL Draft Re-Entries

An annual article looks at the top 2nd and 3rd year eligible players from the OHL.

Tons of HM's this year because of how strong the crop is.

1. Joey Keane
2. Sean Durzi
3. Linus Nyman
4. Justin Brazeau
5. Jakob Brahaney
6. Mac Hollowell
7. Brandon Saigeon
8. Brady Lyle
9. Jason Willms
10. Adam Thilander

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I would have to add Dennis Busby a 2nd round pick of the Flint Firebirds D Dennis Busby who had a decent first year but missed all but two games of this just completed season with an injury. Drafted 23rd overall 2016.

PuckTalk1122

Sep 3, 2013
Not sure how Hancock isn't in the top 10, and only an honorable mention. If he's back as an OA next year i'd say he's the #1 player in the OHL to get signed as a free agent during the year.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Great work as always Brock

I would have to add Dennis Busby a 2nd round pick of the Flint Firebirds D Dennis Busby who had a decent first year but missed all but two games of this just completed season with an injury. Drafted 23rd overall 2016.

Lol no offense but this is the second time lately you've suggested Busby when he didn't fit the critera. He's a 2000 birthdate, eligible for the draft for the first time. If he goes unselected he'll be a potential candidate for this list next year.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Great work as always Brock

Lol no offense but this is the second time lately you've suggested Busby when he didn't fit the critera. He's a 2000 birthdate, eligible for the draft for the first time. If he goes unselected he'll be a potential candidate for this list next year.
Okay. Now I get it. No mock draft I have seen shows him getting drafted and that is understandable after only playing two games this season.

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think if Mascherin is not signed he could possibly go back into the draft. Apparently he has asked Florida to trade him.
Sorry what is his reason? I dont understand. I would think Florida would be a good situation to go into..its not like Buffalo...

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I think if Mascherin is not signed he could possibly go back into the draft. Apparently he has asked Florida to trade him.

anyone else aside from mascherin who may not sign by june 1 and would be a solid draft option?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
anyone else aside from mascherin who may not sign by june 1 and would be a solid draft option?

Here are the 2016 OHL picks that still don't have an NHL contract.

Adam Mascherin
Connor Hall
Keaton Middleton
Evan Cormier
Jordan Sambrook
Cole Candella
Christopher Paquette
Noah Carroll
Anthony Salinitri
Nic Mattinen
Mark Shoemaker
Austin Osmanski
Brett McKenzie
Dmitri Sokolov
Jacob Friend

Reactions: neelynugs and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Here are the 2016 OHL picks that still don't have an NHL contract.

Adam Mascherin
Connor Hall
Keaton Middleton
Evan Cormier
Jordan Sambrook
Cole Candella
Christopher Paquette
Noah Carroll
Anthony Salinitri
Nic Mattinen
Mark Shoemaker
Austin Osmanski
Brett McKenzie
Dmitri Sokolov
Jacob Friend
Out of those I would expect Sokolov, Salinitri, Hall, Mascherin and Middleton to get contracts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad