Top 10 NBA Players as of Today

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Nobody's got Irving in their top 10. :thumbd:

Kyrie is nowhere near top 10

Curios as to just where you have him then ???? Top 20....top 50.....top 100 ????

I will only be okay with this post if you admit you're a bit of a homer.

HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF BEING A HOMER !!!!!!!!!!! I should report you for immediate banishment but I'll be the bigger man and let it go......this time. By the way - what do you think of my new desktop wallpaper picture ???? :laugh:

91MwL2TpyXL._SY717_.jpg

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
1. LeBron James
2. Kawhi Leonard
3. Stephen Curry
4. Kevin Durant
5. James Harden
6. Anthony Davis
7. Joel Embiid
8. Giannis Antetokoumpo
9. Russell Westbrook
10. Klay Thompson

Yes, I believe Klay is that good. I think he's the most under appreciated player in the league.

Klay is great, one of the best shooters ever & great at running off screens, but you have to be able to do things with the ball in your hands to be top 10 IMO

...and Klay iso's might be funnier than his drunken dance moves...

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Klay is great, one of the best shooters ever & great at running off screens, but you have to be able to do things with the ball in your hands to be top 10 IMO

...and Klay iso's might be funnier than his drunken dance moves...
He can do things with the ball, though. He just doesn't have to as much on Golden State. He's not Steph Curry with his handles, but he can create. He's also one of the best defenders in the league, and extremely clutch. It seems like any time there's a big game for GS, it's Klay Thompson coming up huge.

Reactions: Morozov

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He can do things with the ball, though. He just doesn't have to as much on Golden State. He's not Steph Curry with his handles, but he can create. He's also one of the best defenders in the league, and extremely clutch. It seems like any time there's a big game for GS, it's Klay Thompson coming up huge.

Oh he’s clutch as f***, like prime Eli Manning clutch, but Houston’s switch everything defense forced GSW to rely on iso’s and Klay couldn’t deliver. He’s not Joakim with the ball, but if you ask him to dribble & create you’re not gunna have a good time cause that’s just not his game :dunno:

He’s a rich man’s Reggie Miller coming off screens, but he can’t score of the dribble like ol satellite ears

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Klay is also a lock-down D on the perimeter.

Klay is elite defensively & amazing off motion, but his efficiency evaporates when he’s forced to score off the dribble. That’s why I have him top 15-20, but not top 10.

That said, he’s a better fit for GSW than some of the 2s I have ahead of him, like Jimmy.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I like Klay Thompson but how is he in these top 10 discussions? He's in the top 20 range for me

Guys not on my top 10 list who's ahead of Klay in no particular order

Nikola Jokic
DeMarcus Cousins
Paul George
Jimmy Butler
Damian Lillard
Kyle Lowry
Victor Oladipo
Draymond Green

He's around the range of KAT and Gobert

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I like Klay Thompson but how is he in these top 10 discussions? He's in the top 20 range for me

Guys not on my top 10 list who's ahead of Klay in no particular order

Nikola Jokic
DeMarcus Cousins
Paul George
Jimmy Butler
Damian Lillard
Kyle Lowry
Victor Oladipo
Draymond Green

He's around the range of KAT and Gobert

No way I take Lowry over Klay, maybe not Dame, and Boogie coming off an Achilles tear can’t be top anything anymore. Niq is the only guy in NBA history to come back from that injury as anything but a shell of his former self. And Boogie is much heavier & less explosive than Niq was.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
No way I take Lowry over Klay, maybe not Dame, and Boogie coming off an Achilles tear can’t be top anything anymore. Niq is the only guy in NBA history to come back from that injury as anything but a shell of his former self. And Boogie is much heavier & less explosive than Niq was.

If Boogie deteriorates significantly then yes, he drops off the list

Lowry is better than Klay. To me, Lowry's impact offensively is what separates him from Klay

Lowry

TS%: .598
PPG: 16.2
APG: 6.9
RPG: 5.6
PER: 19.5
VORP: 5.0
Net diff ORTG: -0.9
RPM: 5.18

Thompson

TS%: .598
PPG: 20.0
APG: 2.5
RPG: 3.8
PER: 16.1
VORP: 0.9
Net diff ORTG: + 3.8
RPM: 1.81

darko

Feb 16, 2009
IMO Bron/Kawhi/AD/Durant/Ante should be top-5 (not necessarily in that order).

NMF78

Feb 25, 2010
Belgium
at worst Curry is the 3e best player in the NBA, both him and KD playing at an MVP level right now

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
You might not like Curry, you might not like how he plays, but there is no denying that there is one guy who influences the game on the offensive end as he does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->