Speculation: Top 10 Leafs scoring leaders for 2019-2020 - #7

Who will be #7 in points for Leafs in 2019-2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
It's that time of year again where we can speculate who will lead our team in points for the 2019-2020 season. I will do a poll for the next 10 days or so to determine who Leafs HF thinks will be our scoring leaders. This is also assuming Mitch Marner resigns and there are no significant roster changes.

Barrie takes the #6 spot based on your votes. Last year Tyson had 14 goals, 45 assists for 59 points in 78 games with the Colorado Avalanche. My guess is he scores 60-65 points over 82 games this season.

1. Auston Matthew (58.2% 124 votes)
2. Mitch Marner (63.5% 73 votes)
3. John Tavares (86.0% 49 votes)
4. William Nylander (73.2% 101 votes)
5. Morgan Rielly (59.2% 42 votes)
6. Tyson Barrie (79.2% 61 votes)

My choice for #7 is Kasperi Kapanen. I had a hard time picking him over Johnsson but I believe he will get increased PP time this year and hopefully take another step offensively. I believe he will achieve 55-60 points this year.​

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
My top 10

1. Auston Matthews 95-100 points
2. Mitch Marner 90-95 points
3. William Nylander 80-85 points
4. John Tavares 80-85 points
5. Morgan Rielly 70-75 points
6. Tyson Barrie 60-65 points
7. Kasperi Kapanen 55-60 points
8. Andreas Johnsson 50-55 points
9. Travis Dermott 40-45 points
10. Alex Kerfoot 40-45 points

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
It's going to be interesting how the PP shakes down with the exodus of Kadri, Marleau and Ennis from PPs 1 and 2.

For instance, Hyman was tied with Kapanen in non-pp points and 4th on the team in goals. If he is able to return for October and gets put on the PP, he could finish the year with over 50 pts.

Reactions: slozo and Leafs1993

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
My top 10

1. Matthews 52 goals-49 assists = 101 points
2. Marner 31 goals-66 assists = 97 points
3. Tavares 39 goals- 49 assists = 88 points
4. Rielly 12 goals- 59 assists = 71 points
5. Nylander 23 goals-44 assists= 67 points
6. Barrie: 10 goals- 47 assists= 57 points
7. Johnsson 22 goals- 27 assists=49 points
8. Kapanen 27 goals- 19 assists = 46 points
9. Muzzin 7 goals-34 assists= 41 points
10. Kerfoot 12 goals-25 assists= 37 points

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Did Johnsson steal your girlfriend? :sarcasm:

Lol

Seriously though. He has one good 20 game stretch in his NHL career at 24 years old and people go all fanboy/fangirl over him.

It’s as if people forgot about his dreadful start to the season last year.

Johnsson is what he is, a 40 point complimentary winger.

Reactions: Leafs1993

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Lol

Seriously though. He has one good 20 game stretch in his NHL career at 24 years old and people go all fanboy/fangirl over him.

It’s as if people forgot about his dreadful start to the season last year.

Johnsson is what he is, a 40 point complimentary winger.
Johnsson played the first 18 games on the 4th line, do you expect him to put up points on the 4th line? No one puts up points on that line, look at Kapanen or even Marner/Nylander on their short time there. He also missed 9 games. So 55 games with top 9 minutes and he scored over 40 points. If he's in the top 9 from the start and getting PP time, then he'll get over 50 points.This is leading scorer #7, so I don't see the big issue.

Your hate for him is weird, and you haven't really provided any facts to why you don't really like him. Even saying he's a 40 point complimentary winger, isn't really an insult but he should break 50 points this year.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
20190721_150737.jpg

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Johnsson played the first 18 games on the 4th line, do you expect him to put up points on the 4th line? No one puts up points on that line, look at Kapanen or even Marner/Nylander on their short time there. He also missed 9 games. So 55 games with top 9 minutes and he scored over 40 points. If he's in the top 9 from the start and getting PP time, then he'll get over 50 points.This is leading scorer #7, so I don't see the big issue.

Your hate for him is weird, and you haven't really provided any facts to why you don't really like him. Even saying he's a 40 point complimentary winger, isn't really an insult but he should break 50 points this year.

And why do you think he was on the 4th line? He had a brutal training camp and pre season...

Lol. Now calling a 40 point complimentary winger a 40 point complimentary winger is “hating” or “not liking” him... :rolleyes:

I’m not hating the guy, but Kapanen, Kerfoot. Mikheyev and Muzzin will all score more points :nod:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
And why do you think he was on the 4th line? He had a brutal training camp and pre season...

Lol. Now calling a 40 point complimentary winger a 40 point complimentary winger is “hating” or “not liking” him... :rolleyes:

I’m not hating the guy, but Kapanen, Kerfoot. Mikheyev and Muzzin will all score more points :nod:
I mean you've been a couple of these threads now calling out Johnsson, you call him overrated right in this thread.

He was on the 4th line because Babcock. Johnsson was a lot better than Marleau and Brown, but Babcock likes his good-pros playing a lot. Johnsson should've been with Kadri from the start, but instead he got the privilege to play with 1 goal Lindholm.

No one even knows if Mikheyev will stick in the NHL. It's not like his KHL numbers were insane. I also doubt Muzzin will outscore Johnsson, Muzzin probably won't be given PP time, and will be on the shutdown pairing with low OZ% starts.

Reactions: Saint Blue

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I mean you've been a couple of these threads now calling out Johnsson, you call him overrated right in this thread.

He was on the 4th line because Babcock. Johnsson was a lot better than Marleau and Brown, but Babcock likes his good-pros playing a lot. Johnsson should've been with Kadri from the start, but instead he got the privilege to play with 1 goal Lindholm.

No one even knows if Mikheyev will stick in the NHL. It's not like his KHL numbers were insane. I also doubt Muzzin will outscore Johnsson, Muzzin probably won't be given PP time, and will be on the shutdown pairing with low OZ% starts.

Yeah, and last year I called people out who thought Marleau would get 50-55 points!

Calling someone overrated or people’s opinions on the guy doesn’t mean i hate the player...

And you’re completely wrong regarding Babcock. Johnsson didn’t even deserve 4th line minutes he was that bad. Babcock did him a favour...

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA

There is a huge difference between the top 2 lines and line 3. Kerfoot is a clear downgrade from Kadri. If you get stuck on line 3, maybe Kapanen, it's going to be tough.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Yeah, and last year I called people out who thought Marleau would get 50-55 points!

Calling someone overrated or people’s opinions on the guy doesn’t mean i hate the player...

And you’re completely wrong regarding Babcock. Johnsson didn’t even deserve 4th line minutes he was that bad. Babcock did him a favour...
I don't know if you're trying to brag about getting right that a 39 year old Marleau wouldn't put up 50 points or because you got Marleau right it makes you think you're right about Johnsson, but that's pretty irrelevant.

Johnsson led his team to the Calder Cup like 4 months before the season started, he should've been put in a place to succeed from the start. In fact when he played on the 4th line, you could tell right away that he shouldn't have been on that line. He wasn't bad at all.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I don't know if you're trying to brag about getting right that a 39 year old Marleau wouldn't put up 50 points or because you got Marleau right it makes you think you're right about Johnsson, but that's pretty irrelevant.

Johnsson led his team to the Calder Cup like 4 months before the season started, he should've been put in a place to succeed from the start. In fact when he played on the 4th line, you could tell right away that he shouldn't have been on that line. He wasn't bad at all.

You’re complaining that I’m calling out those that are high on Johnsson. I was simply making a point that just because the consensus thinks Johnsson will score 50 points doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. That’s what I meant when I brought up the Marleau example.

You know who else had an impressive Calder cup playoffs? Connor Carrick... not sure what point you’re trying to make there. AHL/= NHL. Also, Johnsson should t have been gifted a spot... especially after the poor preseason he had...

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Petan get more points than Johnsson too. I’m not predicting it’ll happen, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
You’re complaining that I’m calling out those that are high on Johnsson. I was simply making a point that just because the consensus thinks Johnsson will score 50 points doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. That’s what I meant when I brought up the Marleau example.

You know who else had an impressive Calder cup playoffs? Connor Carrick... not sure what point you’re trying to make there. AHL/= NHL. Also, Johnsson should t have been gifted a spot... especially after the poor preseason he had...
You're whining about people voting Johnsson at #7. The consensus didn't say anything about Johnsson hitting 50 points, that was just my prediction. Any players voted around here should be expected to hit 40+ points next year, and me personally would have Johnsson 50+.

Yea Carrick had a good Marlies run, and was given a spot on the Leafs.. Johnsson won the MVP, and led his team to the championship. He was the best player in the AHL in the time he played at 23. Evaluating players on pre-season is pretty dumb. You barely play any games, and you get shifted around with different players all the time making it hard to develop any kind of chemistry. It would've been fine playing him a few games on the 4th line, but by games 4 or 5 he looked good and should've moved up. Brown and Marleau were dreadful from the start. Especially with Nylander not playing, he should've been in the top 9.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
You're whining about people voting Johnsson at #7. The consensus didn't say anything about Johnsson hitting 50 points, that was just my prediction. Any players voted around here should be expected to hit 40+ points next year, and me personally would have Johnsson 50+.

Yea Carrick had a good Marlies run, and was given a spot on the Leafs.. Johnsson won the MVP, and led his team to the championship. He was the best player in the AHL in the time he played at 23. Evaluating players on pre-season is pretty dumb. You barely play any games, and you get shifted around with different players all the time making it hard to develop any kind of chemistry. It would've been fine playing him a few games on the 4th line, but by games 4 or 5 he looked good and should've moved up. Brown and Marleau were dreadful from the start. Especially with Nylander not playing, he should've been in the top 9.

LOL. Whining, okay :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad