Speculation: Top 10 Leafs scoring leaders for 2019-2020 - #5

Who will be #5 in points for Leafs in 2019-2020?

• Zach Hyman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jake Muzzin

• Cody Ceci

• Travis Dermott

• Jason Spezza

• Ilya Mikheyev

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I'm going with Barrie.

I know the coaches design the PP units, but I believe Rielly will subtly concede the top unit spot as a leadership gesture to get Barrie going as the new guy.

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
What if Moore shows he can be the next Johnsson and Mikheyev shows he is actually better than Johnsson!?!
That would be great if those players did that well, yet based on your predictions I dont think you believe that will happen and I would agree with you. Not a slight against those players, just a tall order. (To be fair I dont know that much about Mikheyev other than Babcock seems to be excited for him)

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Why though? We're already a little thin at LW, he's very cap efficient and is a very good bet to break out as the organizations best LW by a long shot, and our young core is just entering it's prime so the next 4 years when he's signed are really important ones in our compete window. If someone gets silly and wants to give us Pastrnak for a package around him then sure, but I don't see the point in jettisoning him otherwise and it would be really out of character for Dubas to commit to a guy then sell him out the back door

Because our LW depth isn’t as bad any pure making it out to be. Put Nylander there if that makes you happy.

Johnsson is a tweener. Not a threat on the PP, not reliable on the Pk.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
What if Moore shows he can be the next Johnsson and Mikheyev shows he is actually better than Johnsson!?!
that's a whole lot of "what if" and a very low odds result, and I really like both of those players

Because our LW depth isn’t as bad any pure making it out to be. Put Nylander there if that makes you happy.

Johnsson is a tweeter. Not a threat on the PP, not reliable on the Pk.
our LW in isolation might be worse than it was the season before we drafted Matthews in terms of talent, it might be more capable in a two way capacity. We have one of the best center and RW groups in the NHL. Nylander's stick being to the boards side is really important for his (elite) zone entry ability, you don't want to take that from him or weaken the RW

Johnsson is absolutely a threat on the PP, and more importantly he's quietly one of the team's best 5v5 producers, that's versatile enough to also kill penalties as you mention. I don't get the grudge, this is a player you should be pretty excited about as a Leaf fan

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
that's a whole lot of "what if" and a very low odds result, and I really like both of those players

our LW in isolation might be worse than it was the season before we drafted Matthews in terms of talent, it might be more capable in a two way capacity. We have one of the best center and RW groups in the NHL. Nylander's stick being to the boards side is really important for his (elite) zone entry ability, you don't want to take that from him or weaken the RW

Johnsson is absolutely a threat on the PP, and more importantly he's quietly one of the team's best 5v5 producers, that's versatile enough to also kill penalties as you mention. I don't get the grudge, this is a player you should be pretty excited about as a Leaf fan

Man, this is a prediction thread... I’m sorry you don’t like my predictions... :dunno:

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Gotta love people ripping me for thinking Johnsson will score 40ish points next season...acting like it is an insult...

I didn’t have Johnsson on my list because ainthink we will have 10 players score more points... it’s as simple as that.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I meant more the position on Johnsson not being good and likely being dealt, your scorer rankings are reasonable

I think Johnsson will be in around the 40 point mark... the tweener area. I’m sorry if that isn’t good enough for ya... :rolleyes:

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Gotta love people ripping me for thinking Johnsson will score 40ish points next season...acting like it is an insult...

I didn’t have Johnsson on my list because ainthink we will have 10 players score more points... it’s as simple as that.
The whole point of this thread is to speculate. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I personally have him between 50-55 points.

Dont think he gets traded though.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I think Johnsson will be in around the 40 point mark... the tweener area. I’m sorry if that isn’t good enough for ya... :rolleyes:
everyone's entitled to their opinion, that's just not where his NHL performance points if he's playing a whole season. I'd agree with the post above at 50-55 being the most likely outcome for him

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
everyone's entitled to their opinion, that's just not where his NHL performance points if he's playing a whole season. I'd agree with the post above at 50-55 being the most likely outcome for him

And most thought Marleau would get 50-55 last year too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->