Speculation: Top 10 Leafs scoring leaders for 2019-2020 - #3

Who will be #3 in points for Leafs in 2019-2020?

• Zach Hyman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kasperi Kapanen

• Andreas Johnsson

• Morgan Reilly

• Tyson Barrie

• Jake Muzzin

• Cody Ceci

• Travis Dermott

• Alex Kerfoot

• Ilya Mikheyev

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
It's that time of year again where we can speculate who will lead our team in points for the 2019-2020 season. I will do a poll for the next 10 days or so to determine who Leafs HF thinks will be our scoring leaders. This is also assuming Mitch Marner resigns and there are no significant roster changes.

Marner takes the #2 spot based on your votes. Last year Mitch had 26 goals, 68 assists for 94 points in 82 games. My guess is he scores 95-100 points over 82 games this season.

1. Auston Matthew (58.2% 124 votes)
2. Mitch Marner (63.5% 73 votes)

My choice for #3 is William Nylander. Last year was definitely a bad year for Nylander with the holdout, but I'm not putting too much stock in last year alone. His confidence and conditioning was very low. Playing with Auston for 82 games this year I think will boost William's stats, hopefully we will see him replace Kadri on PP1.

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
@MyBudJT let's continue discussions here.
90 points with Kadri and Komarov? That 35 game sample size is a great arguement but I dont think its sustainable over 82 games. That's not a knock on Mitch either, very hard to play any consistent pace throughout 82 games, especially for a young player in his 3rd season.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
@MyBudJT let's continue discussions here.
90 points with Kadri and Komarov? That 35 game sample size is a great arguement but I dont think its sustainable over 82 games. That's not a knock on Mitch either, very hard to play any consistent pace throughout 82 games, especially for a young player in his 3rd season.

It was Kadri + Marleau.

All I was saying is that we don't know that he wouldn't hit 90 points with a different line. Especially if our PP was better. On a good PP alone, Marner could get 15 more points, easy.

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
It was Kadri + Marleau.

All I was saying is that we don't know that he wouldn't hit 90 points with a different line. Especially if our PP was better. On a good PP alone, Marner could get 15 more points, easy.
Yes, Marleau. My bad.

I just think the difference between Marleau and Kadri vs Hyman and Tavares isnt 4 points extra for Mitch. He is dynamic but there is only so much he can do.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Yes, Marleau. My bad.

I just think the difference between Marleau and Kadri vs Hyman and Tavares isnt 4 points extra for Mitch. He is dynamic but there is only so much he can do.

You might be taking my post out of context. I'm not saying Marleau and Kadri are as good as Hyman and Tavares, that is a ridiculous take.

But we don't know what events would have taken place if Marner was playing on a different line. Thats all I'm saying. The fact he has historically shown he can play the same way as he did this past season supports the argument that Marner COULD have got 90+ points on another line.

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
You might be taking my post out of context. I'm not saying Marleau and Kadri are as good as Hyman and Tavares, that is a ridiculous take.

But we don't know what events would have taken place if Marner was playing on a different line. Thats all I'm saying. The fact he has historically shown he can play the same way as he did this past season supports the argument that Marner COULD have got 90+ points on another line.

Fair enough! I'm not trying to say Mitch couldn't achieve that on another line either, just likely his point totals just aren't as high.

Would love to see what Matthews-Marner could do over a 35 game sample size.

Reactions: MyBudJT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->