Speculation: Top 10 Leafs scoring leaders for 2019-2020 - #10

Who will be #10 in points for Leafs in 2019-2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the wood guy

Aug 16, 2018
hey has anyone noticed that this years team has a decent chance of tying Bostons record of eleven 20 goal scorers. Everyone in the top nine as well as Barry and Reilly.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
He's actually got to be good at it which it would seem Babcock has some doubts about since he doesn't play him there that often, in fact he preferred that plug Marleau instead

So let's not pretend any of us have any knowledge about how useful he would be on the PP

Three forwards from the PP last year are gone. Babcock is going to have to put players in their places that didn't play on the Leaf's PP last year.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Three forwards from the PP last year are gone. Babcock is going to have to put players in their places that didn't play on the Leaf's PP last year.

Doesn't mean one of them needs to be Hyman

Kerfoot, Kapanen and Spezza do jump off the page as guys not on units last season that could fill some roles

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Doesn't mean one of them needs to be Hyman

Kerfoot, Kapanen and Spezza do jump off the page as guys not on units last season that could fill some roles

Doesn't mean he shouldn't be given a try, given none of the players you mentioned are well suited to the roles the players that needed to be replaced, which is shooting the puck into the net or being in front of the net to deflect shots a la Marleau, Kadri, Ennis. Kerfoot or Spezza don't shoot, they pass. Kapanen's advantage is off the rush on breakaways or odd man rushes. You don't get much of those on the PP. And who had the highest shooting percentage of the group last year. Hyman.

No, you don't have to put Hyman in there, but IMO it would be silly not to give him a shot and see how he does.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Doesn't mean he shouldn't be given a try, given none of the players you mentioned are well suited to the roles the players that needed to be replaced, which is shooting the puck into the net or being in front of the net to deflect shots a la Marleau, Kadri, Ennis. Kerfoot or Spezza don't shoot, they pass. Kapanen's advantage is off the rush on breakaways or odd man rushes. You don't get much of those on the PP. And who had the highest shooting percentage of the group last year. Hyman.

No, you don't have to put Hyman in there, but IMO it would be silly not to give him a shot and see how he does.

I don't care if he plays there or not, just so long as we can agree Hyman has hands like feet

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I went Zach attack Hyman hoping he does not miss too much time, and is back to his old self sooner rather than later, he is the empty net King!!!

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
I don't care if he plays there or not, just so long as we can agree Hyman has hands like feet

lol thats funny.

Since Hyman is a top pker i think he s getting enuf icetime as it is. Plus he s injured and will eased in, not likely this year for Hyman's pp time. He'll be ok:)

Reactions: Kiwi

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

No one in their right mind should agree that any player who can pot more goals on the leafs in a season these days than anyone not named Austin, John or Mitch while not being given even a sniff of powerplay time has hands like feet.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I went Zach attack Hyman hoping he does not miss too much time, and is back to his old self sooner rather than later, he is the empty net King!!!

A whole 3 empty net goals in one year makes a player an empty net king? Wow. There's more kings in the NHL than can be fit on a dozen Los Angeles franchises. Who knew? What did that make Marleau when he potted 5 for the leafs? God-Emperor?

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
A whole 3 empty net goals in one year makes a player an empty net king? Wow. There's more kings in the NHL than can be fit on a dozen Los Angeles franchises. Who knew? What did that make Marleau when he potted 5 for the leafs? God-Emperor?
just a joke settle down lol, and I am the God Emperor get it right lol. read my posts he is my favorite player, its summer relax.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
zack or muzzy ... both should hover around the 40 point mark . I dont see another else on that list cracking 30 . Ilya is a wildcard, we dont even know if he makes the team !
ill give the edge to muzzy because i have no idea how zack will perform after coming off an injury

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad