Speculation: Top 10 leading scorers for 2018-2019 - Final Results

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
My takeaways from our predictions vs REALITY . . .

1) Nobody really expected Marner to become our MVP (at least most valuable forward) this season. It's way less about Matthews slightly underperforming to expectations, and certainly Tavares did as good or better than any of us could have hoped for (much of that statistical bump coming from Marner, you'd think). Mitch is a beast, and I don't think this board will undervalue him again going forward.

2) We all thought the holdout wouldn't be long if at all; and we all thought Willy would continue his upward trend. We were wrong. Just a nightmare season for him.

3) Really nice seasons and slight surprises from Rielly, Kapanen.

4) Although our guesses don't show the points range we all would have thought players #5 down would have had, I don't think anyone would have predicted such a sharp statistical drop off from Kadri on down. The core of 4 really do carry this team, statistically speaking.

Reactions: Leafs1993

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON

1) Nobody really expected Marner to become our MVP (at least most valuable forward) this season. It's way less about Matthews slightly underperforming to expectations, and certainly Tavares did as good or better than any of us could have hoped for (much of that statistical bump coming from Marner, you'd think). Mitch is a beast, and I don't think this board will undervalue him again going forward.

2) We all thought the holdout wouldn't be long if at all; and we all thought Willy would continue his upward trend. We were wrong. Just a nightmare season for him.

4) Although our guesses don't show the points range we all would have thought players #5 down would have had, I don't think anyone would have predicted such a sharp statistical drop off from Kadri on down. The core of 4 really do carry this team, statistically speaking.
Pretty spot on. There was quite a few people who were making a case for Marner to be leading in points. Kudos to them.

4 players with 70+ points. Pretty impressive. Don't remember the last time that happened.

I think Reilly and Nylander were the biggest surprises based on our predictions this year

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Nine of the ten players were correctly guessed. The order was obviously going to be the toughest part.

Nylander joining late provided Kapanen with the best opportunity, but full credit to Kapanen for remaining well in the thick of things when Nylander returned.

I'd like to think Matthews would have seriously challenged Marner and Tavares had he played a full season. Full credit again though to Tavares for an absolutely phenomenal first season with his new team, and to Marner for his emergence as an all situations player that led the way in ice time (for forwards) and points. Kudos to those that exceeded our expectations as well.

Cheers to Leafs1993 in putting this together.

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Nine of the ten players were correctly guessed. The order was obviously going to be the toughest part.

Nylander joining late provided Kapanen with the best opportunity, but full credit to Kapanen for remaining well in the thick of things when Nylander returned.

I'd like to think Matthews would have seriously challenged Marner and Tavares had he played a full season. Full credit again though to Tavares for an absolutely phenomenal first season with his new team, and to Marner for his emergence as an all situations player that led the way in ice time (for forwards) and points. Kudos to those that exceeded our expectations as well.

Cheers to Leafs1993 in putting this together.
Thanks!:)

Reactions: Buds17

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies

This kind of absolute commentary is a load of poop. I predicted and expected Marner to be our top guy. I wasn't the only one.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
It’s kind of interesting how Kadri ended up for points in a weird season like this. He basically was on pace for around 50 points. I think most people expected him to drop about 10 points given his reduced role and here we are.
He hit so many posts and crossbars this year and was robbed by highlight saves more than any other player. Frustrating year for Kadri but with a bit more luck he likely would have remained on that yearly 60 point pace he has going. He’s probably a good sleeper pick for a hockey pool next season.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
This kind of absolute commentary is a load of poop. I predicted and expected Marner to be our top guy. I wasn't the only one.

I think your opinion is a piece of poop.

"absolute commentary" . . . where did I make any 'absolutist' commentary? "Nobody really expected..."?
I guess to be perfect, I should have written it as almost no one? Hardly anyone? Very few?
I think it's an expression of English that does allow - with the inclusion of REALLY - for a few outliers.

But please, grace us with the link to your quote, I'm sure we will see that you did indeed project Marner as the top guy.
Probably.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I think your opinion is a piece of poop.

"absolute commentary" . . . where did I make any 'absolutist' commentary? "Nobody really expected..."?
I guess to be perfect, I should have written it as almost no one? Hardly anyone? Very few?
I think it's an expression of English that does allow - with the inclusion of REALLY - for a few outliers.

But please, grace us with the link to your quote, I'm sure we will see that you did indeed project Marner as the top guy.
Probably.

LOL.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
So . . . you couldn't find your quote?
Those are my quotes, poop slinger.

LOL. You really this obtuse? Sorry I showed you up. Bless you.

Why don't you review my posts and look for it yourself, it would do you good anyway.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->