Top 10 franchise Mount Rushmores

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
#5 Chicago - Hull, Mikita, Hall, Toews
Self-quotation, posted c. a year ago...
So- Hull/Mikita/Hall. I'll fight on that Hill in defense of those three. Have to go back to the lab to see which of the usual suspects I'd peg for Number 4. [Pilote? Kane? Chelios? Keith? (not T. Esposito nor Toews, I shouldn't imagine...)
If picking the best player, it's Chelios. However, I understand that (even though he was once one of my favorite players), he does have a reputation as something of a jackwagon... and his exit from the Windy City jeopardizes his consideration as an iconic Chicagoan.
Pierre Pilote is easier to closely identify with the franchise. However, that leaves another problem, which is that you'd have a Rushmore with NO players from the 2010-2015 Golden Age in the carving. I don't think that's an acceptable outcome.

So- it's down to Kane and Keith. The book is still being written on both players. That said, I'd say that BOTH have more good years behind them than ahead of them. If I wanted to attract more casual tourists to my Rushmore, it would be Kane. To me, though, the one who had more to do with all that winning was Keith. So I'm picking Keith.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Montreal will always be number one easily in this kind of ranking. Greatest and more historical team/franchise ever. Rocket Richard is the Babe Ruth of hockey and the greatest legend in NHL history. The other three players need no introduction. You could even remove Harvey and put Roy in instead (aka the greatest goaltender of all time).

solidmotion

Jun 5, 2012
Self-quotation, posted c. a year ago...
jury's still out re chicago 2010-15... definitely would've said toews was the 1a back then with kane and keith 1b and 1c.......... but uh, kane is still absolutely dominant in 2019 while toews never took that next step offensively and keith is finished. think it's got to be kane when all is said and done.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->