TSN: Top 10 Brad Marchand Moments

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The Top 10 today on TSN was the best of Brad Marchand. Seeing how it was coming from the Toronto Sports Network I was expecting them all to be Marchand cheapshots but they actually included some great highlights. Although to be honest - I did kind of want too see Marchy using Daniel Sedin's face as a punching bag. :laugh: Anyway - enjoy:

https://www.tsn.ca/video/top-10-brad-marchand-moments~1804714

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
when he yanked down the defender, submarined sedin, and grabbed Ballard as he was coming in

McQuaid then subsequently ragdolled ehrhoff with Pierre calling him “one tough hombre”

So memorable for so many reasons
That's the first thing to come to mind when I think of the 2011 run. I think that has to be #1.

Edit: links not working for me for some reason. Considering it's TSN I'm assuming they have a lot of the suspensions or "licking" on there.

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bummer, when I click on the link it says it’s only available in Canada...
10 - Diving goal against Pens after getting tripped (honestly don't even remember this)
9 - Championship goal in 2016 World Cup with 40 seconds left
8 - Conor McGregor swagger after the OT winner vs. Columbus
7 - Baiting Justin Williams then mocking him with the "C" symbol
6 - Splitting D against Devils the deking and scoring backhand (again, didn't recall this one)
5 - Kissing the ring and lifting the Cup the year after when they played the Canucks again
4 - Outside inside move against Columbus and roofing it (think they could have done a better job for the highlight reel portion of this list)
3 - That SH goal during the Cup Final where he banked it off the boards to himself and waited out Luongo
2 - Stepping on Atkinson's stick
1 - Licking

Honestly pretty bad list. The only thing I'd put on there for recent "antics" is him mocking Williams. That was gold. That along with the SH goal in the SCF, and the World Cup goal belong but kind of meh to everything else. Would have preferred any of these for the highlight reel portion:

Other things that come to mind are:

- Submarining Sedin and grabbing Ballard
- Punching Sedin in the face repeatedly
- Getting tied up with Matt Cooke then going down and sniping on the same play in the ECF
- 100 points + "I love you guys"
- Any of his points in Game 7 vs. the Canucks, the pass to Bergeron on the game winner, the wraparound, or the empty netter to seal it.
- This one wouldn't make it but setting the tone by fighting Eller after the Bruins got absolutely stepped on by the Caps in the season opener last year really stuck out

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
It’s telling that we could make a significantly better and more accurate list than the “experts” at TSN. At least half of theirs I wouldn’t even include.

We should try to come up with our own list and then rank them. And could do it as well after for Chara and Bergeron.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It’s telling that we could make a significantly better and more accurate list than the “experts” at TSN. At least half of theirs I wouldn’t even include.

We should try to come up with our own list and then rank them. And could do it as well after for Chara and Bergeron.
Bergeron would be fun. I'd go with:

10 -
9 -
8 - Hip check on Bourque after breaking his stick in the playoffs
7 - OT winner in his rookie season in the playoffs against the Habs
6 - Double OT winner to go up 3-0 on the Pens
5 - The image of him playing through those injuries against Chicago (he threw a hit like immediately when everyone knew he was severely injured)
4 - Puck off the goalline vs. the Canes
3 - Fighting Gorges in the playoffs after all his concussion issues "Concuss that!" "Who knew he was a lefty???"
2 - Game winning goal Game 7 Canucks
1 - Game-tying + winning goal Game 7 vs. Leafs

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
when he yanked down the defender, submarined sedin, and grabbed Ballard as he was coming in

McQuaid then subsequently ragdolled ehrhoff with Pierre calling him “one tough hombre”

So memorable for so many reasons

This sequence is exactly what comes to mind when i think of “Marchand moments.”

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
And Bruins hockey...

My two favorite all time Bruins teams were the 87-88 Bruins and the 10-11 Bruins.

I'm not sure of your age, but I watch YouTube of that 87-88 team all the time. Watching that team was the best. That Devils series may have been my all time fave besides the SC win of course. There were 544 PIM in 7 games and 9 fights IIRC...

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
As for Marchand, the first thing that stands out for me, and forever will is that game 3 SHG vs Vancouver (as many have mentioned). It literally felt like it took ten minutes to transpire....Emrick was gold...and the crowd, omg, was silent as he was deking and when he scored it was unreal. I am getting chills just typing about it, I don't even need to see or hear it for that to happen.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
10 - Diving goal against Pens after getting tripped (honestly don't even remember this)
9 - Championship goal in 2016 World Cup with 40 seconds left
8 - Conor McGregor swagger after the OT winner vs. Columbus
7 - Baiting Justin Williams then mocking him with the "C" symbol
6 - Splitting D against Devils the deking and scoring backhand (again, didn't recall this one)
5 - Kissing the ring and lifting the Cup the year after when they played the Canucks again
4 - Outside inside move against Columbus and roofing it (think they could have done a better job for the highlight reel portion of this list)
3 - That SH goal during the Cup Final where he banked it off the boards to himself and waited out Luongo
2 - Stepping on Atkinson's stick
1 - Licking

Honestly pretty bad list. The only thing I'd put on there for recent "antics" is him mocking Williams. That was gold. That along with the SH goal in the SCF, and the World Cup goal belong but kind of meh to everything else. Would have preferred any of these for the highlight reel portion:

Other things that come to mind are:

- Submarining Sedin and grabbing Ballard
- Punching Sedin in the face repeatedly
- Getting tied up with Matt Cooke then going down and sniping on the same play in the ECF
- 100 points + "I love you guys"
- Any of his points in Game 7 vs. the Canucks, the pass to Bergeron on the game winner, the wraparound, or the empty netter to seal it.
- This one wouldn't make it but setting the tone by fighting Eller after the Bruins got absolutely stepped on by the Caps in the season opener last year really stuck out

I would add that shorthander against the Kings

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Bergeron would be fun. I'd go with:

10 -
9 -
8 - Hip check on Bourque after breaking his stick in the playoffs
7 - OT winner in his rookie season in the playoffs against the Habs
6 - Double OT winner to go up 3-0 on the Pens
5 - The image of him playing through those injuries against Chicago (he threw a hit like immediately when everyone knew he was severely injured)
4 - Puck off the goalline vs. the Canes
3 - Fighting Gorges in the playoffs after all his concussion issues "Concuss that!" "Who knew he was a lefty???"
2 - Game winning goal Game 7 Canucks
1 - Game-tying + winning goal Game 7 vs. Leafs

The puck off the goal line is pretty much THE defining Patrice Bergeron moment for me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad