Top-10 Belarusian prospects fot 2018 NHL Draft

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I'd be surprised if Vorobei remained undrafted. Far more overagers--Europeans especially--get drafted in the late rounds than people think. If you're already a full-timer in the KHL, you're not that far off from a bottom-pairing defenseman, which teams are OK targeting in late rounds.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Thanks for the write-up.

Yeryomenko should go this year, I think. I think he's shown enough over the year to get drafted on his second go. I'm still on the fence of what I think of Sharangovich, but he's a C with size that looked good at the WJCs, decent numbers in the KHL, and isn't under contract anywhere next season, so he should make at least 2 OA Belarusians to get drafted.

Kazyanin was one player that really stood out for me at the u18s, surprised he didn't make your top-10. Good puck skills, deft playmaker, creative.

Masilevich and Solovyov are two players I will keep tabs on for the next few seasons, they're both kind of rough around the edges players right now, but their physical tools could help them if they progress to a higher level of hockey.

The Belarusian I'm really fond of is 2019-eligible is D Vladislav Kolyachonok. Really liked what I saw from him at the u18, smooth, good skater, great decision-making. I haven't see him on any of the draft rankings' early 2019 lists though.

Reactions: Pan and kunabai

kunabai

Aug 10, 2011
Minsk
The Belarusian I'm really fond of is 2019-eligible is D Vladislav Kolyachonok. Really liked what I saw from him at the u18, smooth, good skater, great decision-making. I haven't see him on any of the draft rankings' early 2019 lists though.

he is my favourite player of our 2001-born crop of players

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Many thanks for sharing this. Be interesting to see which of these players get drafted and also when and where they get drafted.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I have been a Sharangovich critic since his last WJC. He was put under the pressure by being used as a trigger man on the PP and that just exposed his main flaw - he simply wants too much time on the puck which he won't be able to get on NA ice and thats why I kinda already want to write off his NHL chances.

Yeryomenko and Vorobey while still unlikely, have that tiny but chance to make it in the NHL one day.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Thanks a lot for this review.
Can I please just add two links of Ilya Solovyov and Sergei Sapego highlights videos.
I had one more of Sharangovich but KHL banned it for some reason. One can also find there Kolyachonok's highlights who was mentioned above.

slumpy43

Mar 30, 2005
USA
Never heard of Ilya Solovyov before...19 year old Dman that plays for Saginaw in the OHL. 11 points in 5 games. Participated in 55% of his team's goals and has the best +/- differential on the team. Does anyone have any info on him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->