Top 10 Avs! (Projection)

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Sakic
Forsberg (hard to project anyone above these two, but I hope!)
Mackinnon
Roy
Makar
Hejduk
Rantanen
Landeskog
Foote
Byram or Newhook

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Also, Ray Bourque’s 2000-01 season when he got 59 points as a 40 year old and finished 2nd in Norris voting is the single best season any Nordiques/Avalanche defenseman has ever had.

No BS.

He was absolutely flawless at both ends of the ice, logged huge minutes, scored key goals and was outright dominant. At 40.

Rob Avs33

Jul 1, 2019
1. Sakic
2. Roy
3. MacKinnon
4. Forsberg
5. Blake
6. Landeskog
7. Hejduk
8. Foote
9. Duchene
10. Laperriere​

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
Since were all going to be bored as hell for a while, I thought I’d try to fire up a fun debate.

The top ten Avs players of all-time. I’ve included the Nordiques, but you can choose not too.

Here’s the twist!!! You have to project current Avs players careers and decide where they might fall on the list when they retire. Or, maybe they don’t make it at all. You decide!

Here’s my list. I can here the hate already haha

1. Patrick Roy
  2. Joe Sakic
  3. Cale Makar
  4. Peter Forsberg
  5. Nate MacKinnon
  6. Peter Stastny
  7. Rob Blake
  8. Michel Goulet
  9. Adam Foote
  10. Mikko Rantanen

Forsberg lower than top 3? Blasphemy.

Reactions: tpedersen21

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Forsberg lower than top 3? Blasphemy.

haha I know. Maybe it’s more out of hope than anything. It’s going to be tough for any of the current Avs to leave a greater legacy than Sakic, Roy, Foppa. But, I do think Nate and Cale have a chance the way the team is trending. Makar’s ceiling is pretty crazy imo.

Reactions: Makar27

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
haha I know. Maybe it’s more out of hope than anything. It’s going to be tough for any of the current Avs to leave a greater legacy than Sakic, Roy, Foppa. But, I do think Nate and Cale have a chance the way the team is trending. Makar’s ceiling is pretty crazy imo.

Yeah, it's an exciting time to be an Avs fan for sure. Team hasn't been so stacked since the early 2000s.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Duchene over Landeskog?

Landeskog won the Calder his rookie season, reached a higher point total than Duchene ever has, and they have almost identical career production.

Except Landeskog brings way more as a hockey player, has been the Captain forever (and will be when the Avs win another Cup), and is just much more likeable in general.

Just realized you have him over Rantanen as well?

It is pretty telling how close they are in point production, despite Duchene clearly being more naturally talented.

Duchene - 793 games 589 points - 0.743 pts/gm
Landy - 633 games 460 points - 0.727 pts/gm

Reactions: Avs71

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
1) Joe Sakic
2) Patrick Roy
3) Nathan MacKinnon
4) Cale Makar
5) Peter Forsberg
6) Mikko Rantanen
7) Milan Hejduk
8) Gabriel Landeskog
9) Bowen Byram
10) Alex Tanguay

It kills me to have Forsberg so low, because when he was on he was simply one of the most dominant players of any era, I just think that with his relatively short career it will be hard in 20 years to say he had as much of an influence on the franchise as the four above him.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
1) Joe Sakic
2) Patrick Roy
3) Nathan MacKinnon
4) Cale Makar
5) Peter Forsberg
6) Mikko Rantanen
7) Milan Hejduk
8) Gabriel Landeskog
9) Bowen Byram
10) Alex Tanguay

It kills me to have Forsberg so low, because when he was on he was simply one of the most dominant players of any era, I just think that with his relatively short career it will be hard in 20 years to say he had as much of an influence on the franchise as the four above him.

A lot of it will have to do with playoff success.

I would say Sakic’s point total is pretty much unattainable for MacKinnon. MacK has around 500 points right now and Sakic was up over 1600. He would need to play a long time and stay healthy to top that.

If he can maintain reasonable health, Makar should be able to get into the top 20 in D scoring. Assuming his rookie season isn’t his best hockey and he plays into his mid-30’s.

But in terms of edging out the big 3, they’ll need to create some special playoff moments and win a couple cups.

Last edited:

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
My Top Ten WORST Avs, since no one asked.

1. Battaglia
  2. Colborne
  3. Tyutin
  4. Grigorenko
  5. Raycroft
  6. Guenin
  7. Shantz
  8. Zanon
  9. Satterfield
  10. Hunwick
Hunwick may not be the worst but he was definitely my least favorite Av of all time.

No Dingman, Gratton, Redman, Beauchemin, Flurry or Reto Bera?

And how could you not like Riker?

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Needs more Tangs.
giphy.gif

You're welcome.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
My Top Ten WORST Avs, since no one asked.

1. Battaglia
  2. Colborne
  3. Tyutin
  4. Grigorenko
  5. Raycroft
  6. Guenin
  7. Shantz
  8. Zanon
  9. Satterfield
  10. Hunwick
Hunwick may not be the worst but he was definitely my least favorite Av of all time.

Jordan Caron was more worse than any of these guys

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Since were all going to be bored as hell for a while, I thought I’d try to fire up a fun debate.

The top ten Avs players of all-time. I’ve included the Nordiques, but you can choose not too.

Here’s the twist!!! You have to project current Avs players careers and decide where they might fall on the list when they retire. Or, maybe they don’t make it at all. You decide!

Here’s my list. I can here the hate already haha

1. Patrick Roy
  2. Joe Sakic
  3. Cale Makar
  4. Peter Forsberg
  5. Nate MacKinnon
  6. Peter Stastny
  7. Rob Blake
  8. Michel Goulet
  9. Adam Foote
  10. Mikko Rantanen

You put Roy over Sakic even when taking the Nordiques into consideration? :skeptic:

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
You put Roy over Sakic even when taking the Nordiques into consideration? :skeptic:

Like I said earlier, I took into account Roy’s play with the Canadiens. Which is maybe contradictory to the list, but that’s the way I went.

When you take into account Roy’s 4 cups, carrying weak Canadiens teams to the title, and being a key factor for the run and gun Avs, he’s the guy.

Joe is my favourite player, but I have to admit there are a number of players ahead of him on the all-time list.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Jordan Caron was more worse than any of these guys

I'm trying to avoid guys who were fringe NHLers and/or didn't have an extended stay with the team. Caron only played 19 games for the Avs and did nothing of consequence (zero points), but I think there are worse.

I mean, guys like Francois Lerroux were really bad hockey players but I just try not to count them since they played very little.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
No Dingman, Gratton, Redman, Beauchemin, Flurry or Reto Bera?

And how could you not like Riker?

Like I said, I want to avoid guys who only had a cup of coffee with the team, either because they were quick rentals or they had no business being in the NHL to begin with. Otherwise things open way up and I'd have to include guys like Josef Marha. Gratton was here and gone that one season that Lacroix went crazy and rented half a damn roster (Dowd, Hendrickson, Barnaby, just an insane amount of trades) and Berra's stay was too nondescript to really care about one way or the other.

I don't know why you'd ever include Fleury--he was frickin' AWESOME for the Avs, and his presence led to one of the greatest-ever Avalanche moments when Joe Sakic of all people threw down with Dougie Gilmour. Just because that ended up being a bad trade isn't on Theoren--that's on Lacroix. He should've handed over Skoula instead of Regehr. But even if you don't like him--he again was in Denver for such a short time.

I would also never include Dingman. I loved that guy, perfectly good 4th liner who formed an effective trio with Reinprecht and Reid. What more do you want? He was no better or no worse than a guy like Cody McLeod. And ask anyone here what I think of Redmond, I was a staunch defender of his, and still believe that, while he may not have been a good NHLer, he was at least worlds better than goddamn Guenin.

I assume "Riker" is Raycroft, and his stint as an Avalanche player was disastrous. He may be an okay guy, but he was still a terrible player during his time in burgundy and blue.

BUT...as for Beauchemin (and yeah, Iginla), I had kind of forgotten about them. On purpose. They certainly qualify, unfortunately, I guess I left both off because I was such a fan of both players prior to their Avalanche arrival. It's a shame those stints in Denver kinda ruined both players for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->