Top 10 American prospects not in the NHL...

petrklima85

Apr 13, 2006
HAMILTON, ONTARIO
Drafted or undrafted....CHL or NCAA or AHL....doesn't matter, the only criteria is that they haven't played in the NHL yet.

Top 5
Erik Jonson
Peter Mueller
Corey Schneider
Patrick Kane
TJ Oshie

Next 5:
Bobby Ryan
Kyle Okposo
Bob Sangunetti
Al Montoya
Jeremy Smith (Plymouth Whalers)

Just out of the Top 10:
Blake Wheeler
James van Riemsdyk
Jimmy Hayes

No longer eligible but would certainly have been on the list:
Jack Johnson
Ryan Callahan

Have I missed anyone ??

Is someone rated too high/too low ??

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Skille? He seems to have adjusted to the AHL well. He now has 3 points in his 3 games and is a +3.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Skille for sure. The kid is good. I can`t wait to see a Ruutu-Skille combo next year. Keep your heads up haha.

Gapper

Jan 3, 2007
Skille is top ten and I'd put Okposo in the top 5 over Schneider or Oshie

Towelie*

Also, how is Schnieder in the top 5 but not Montoya, who has already proven a lot more than he has?

That makes zero sense.

Maybe because at the same level Schneider put up far superior numbers to Montoya. Just giving a reason, not exactly disagreeing with you.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Maybe because at the same level Schneider put up far superior numbers to Montoya. Just giving a reason, not exactly disagreeing with you.

Montoya is putting up incredible numbers in the AHL. He's been simply phenomenal. He's won a gold at the WJCs as well.

The sad thing for him is how bad Michigan's defense was his last year in school. Odd man rush after odd man rush. I'm a big Michigan fan and it was depressing watching the breakdowns his team had.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Drafted or undrafted....CHL or NCAA or AHL....doesn't matter, the only criteria is that they haven't played in the NHL yet.

Top 5
Erik Jonson
Peter Mueller
Corey Schneider
Patrick Kane
TJ Oshie

Next 5:
Bobby Ryan
Kyle Okposo
Bob Sangunetti
Al Montoya
Jeremy Smith (Plymouth Whalers)

Just out of the Top 10:
Blake Wheeler
James van Riemsdyk
Jimmy Hayes

No longer eligible but would certainly have been on the list:
Jack Johnson
Ryan Callahan

Have I missed anyone ??

Is someone rated too high/too low ??

I would add Ben Bishop, goalie for Maine in the just out of the top 10 group. He has been dominant when healthy this season.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Next season, you will all show much love for Mitch Wahl. As of right now, not on the list - after a full season playing the way he has the last month; he will reign supreme.

AgentNaslund*

Jack Johnson is still a prospect. They will remain prospects until they play 20 NHL games.

So yea, Jack Johnson is right up there, and to make that guy happy, Montoya too, but I think Schneider is better then him:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->