Too Much Forward Depth?

Discussion in 'General Fantasy Talk' started by Enders Game, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Enders Game

Enders Game Registered User

My league scoring is in my signature. Can play 6 forwards per night, 4 defense, and 2 goalies.

In a close battle this week with Jokiharju available as a possible defenseman add for both Saturday and Sunday as well as next week. Halak, Stone, Labanc, Schwartz, and Kadri are also free agents who I had as a sleeper picks this year and would like to grab if I could upgrade a dman, but trades seem unlikely in this league.

Would you drop any of my forwards for Jokiharju? I’m having a tough time with considering dropping any of these players.
    Is Mackinnon, Rantanen, Simmonds, Ehlers, Pacioretty, Trocheck, Hoffman, Hischier, Palmieri, or Parise worth dropping for Jokiharju? I personally do not think so. My d corps is made up of Karlsson, Paryko, Trouba, and Lindholm.

Also of note; I have Shea Weber on IR and will eventually have to drop a forward as I expect top 10 D fantasy production out of Weber. Who’s the odd man out?

————————————————————————————

Team:
    Rantanen-Mackinnon-Simmonds
    Ehlers-Hischier-Palmieri
    Pacioretty-Trocheck-Parise
    Hoffman

Karlsson-Paryko
    Lindholm-Trouba

Holtby
    Allen

IR: Green, Weber

Positions: 6 forwards, 4 defenseman, 2 goalies per day
    Category / points
    Goals 3
    Assists 2
    Plus minus 1
    PIMS 0.5
    PPG 1
    PPP 0.5
    GWG 1
    SOG 0.3
    Hits 0.15
    Blocks 0.10
    Wins 5
    Goals against -1.5
    Saves 0.25
    Shutouts 3

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  2. RonTextall

RonTextall Registered User

educator
    Joki isn't a guy I'd be clamoring to get. After getting 5A in 2 GP he's done nothing. I dropped him in the one deep league I had picked him up in. If it was someone like Max Lajoie, different story.

You have a great team and I wouldn't mess with that forward group unless you are trading for a defensive upgrade.

One of: Simmonds, Hischier, Pacioretty, Parise, Hoffman will be the odd man out. In a keeper league Hischier gets a pass. Parise is the only one who is hot. When Weber gets close you can probably package 2 of them for an upgrade.