Too Much Forward Depth?

Enders Game

Jun 4, 2018
My league scoring is in my signature. Can play 6 forwards per night, 4 defense, and 2 goalies.

In a close battle this week with Jokiharju available as a possible defenseman add for both Saturday and Sunday as well as next week. Halak, Stone, Labanc, Schwartz, and Kadri are also free agents who I had as a sleeper picks this year and would like to grab if I could upgrade a dman, but trades seem unlikely in this league.

Would you drop any of my forwards for Jokiharju? I’m having a tough time with considering dropping any of these players.
Is Mackinnon, Rantanen, Simmonds, Ehlers, Pacioretty, Trocheck, Hoffman, Hischier, Palmieri, or Parise worth dropping for Jokiharju? I personally do not think so. My d corps is made up of Karlsson, Paryko, Trouba, and Lindholm.

Also of note; I have Shea Weber on IR and will eventually have to drop a forward as I expect top 10 D fantasy production out of Weber. Who’s the odd man out?

————————————————————————————

Team:
Rantanen-Mackinnon-Simmonds
Ehlers-Hischier-Palmieri
Pacioretty-Trocheck-Parise
Hoffman

Karlsson-Paryko
Lindholm-Trouba

Holtby
Allen

IR: Green, Weber

Positions: 6 forwards, 4 defenseman, 2 goalies per day
Category / points
Goals 3
Assists 2
Plus minus 1
PIMS 0.5
PPG 1
PPP 0.5
GWG 1
SOG 0.3
Hits 0.15
Blocks 0.10
Wins 5
Goals against -1.5
Saves 0.25
Shutouts 3

Last edited:

RonTextall

Dec 16, 2007
Ottawa
Joki isn't a guy I'd be clamoring to get. After getting 5A in 2 GP he's done nothing. I dropped him in the one deep league I had picked him up in. If it was someone like Max Lajoie, different story.

You have a great team and I wouldn't mess with that forward group unless you are trading for a defensive upgrade.

One of: Simmonds, Hischier, Pacioretty, Parise, Hoffman will be the odd man out. In a keeper league Hischier gets a pass. Parise is the only one who is hot. When Weber gets close you can probably package 2 of them for an upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad