Too Much Forward Depth?

Discussion in 'General Fantasy Talk' started by Enders Game, Oct 26, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Enders Game

Enders Game Registered User

My league scoring is in my signature. Can play 6 forwards per night, 4 defense, and 2 goalies.

In a close battle this week with Jokiharju available as a possible defenseman add for both Saturday and Sunday as well as next week. Halak, Stone, Labanc, Schwartz, and Kadri are also free agents who I had as a sleeper picks this year and would like to grab if I could upgrade a dman, but trades seem unlikely in this league.

Would you drop any of my forwards for Jokiharju? I’m having a tough time with considering dropping any of these players.
    Is Mackinnon, Rantanen, Simmonds, Ehlers, Pacioretty, Trocheck, Hoffman, Hischier, Palmieri, or Parise worth dropping for Jokiharju? I personally do not think so. My d corps is made up of Karlsson, Paryko, Trouba, and Lindholm.

Also of note; I have Shea Weber on IR and will eventually have to drop a forward as I expect top 10 D fantasy production out of Weber. Who’s the odd man out?

————————————————————————————

Team:
    Rantanen-Mackinnon-Simmonds
    Ehlers-Hischier-Palmieri
    Pacioretty-Trocheck-Parise
    Hoffman

Karlsson-Paryko
    Lindholm-Trouba

Holtby
    Allen

IR: Green, Weber

Positions: 6 forwards, 4 defenseman, 2 goalies per day
    Category / points
    Goals 3
    Assists 2
    Plus minus 1
    PIMS 0.5
    PPG 1
    PPP 0.5
    GWG 1
    SOG 0.3
    Hits 0.15
    Blocks 0.10
    Wins 5
    Goals against -1.5
    Saves 0.25
    Shutouts 3

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  2. RonTextall

RonTextall Registered User

educator
    Joki isn't a guy I'd be clamoring to get. After getting 5A in 2 GP he's done nothing. I dropped him in the one deep league I had picked him up in. If it was someone like Max Lajoie, different story.

You have a great team and I wouldn't mess with that forward group unless you are trading for a defensive upgrade.

One of: Simmonds, Hischier, Pacioretty, Parise, Hoffman will be the odd man out. In a keeper league Hischier gets a pass. Parise is the only one who is hot. When Weber gets close you can probably package 2 of them for an upgrade.