Nyquist Datsyuk Brunner
Helm Flip Tatar
Bertuzzi Emmerton Mursak

Kronwall Kindl
Ericsson Quincey
Smith White

Cast aside
Sammy, Cleary, Miller, Eaves, Abedlkader, CC, Huskins

Our team would make mistakes. But it would be fast. It would be different.
Now, I don't know about you, but watching the kids line yesterday on the PP was sweet. Not because they were kids, but because they attacked the net and they weren't so patient as our #1 unit.

We need the urgency of youth in this lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:

snailderby

Jul 10, 2010
Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner
Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Tatar - Helm - Mursak/Samuelsson/Bertuzzi/Eaves
Abdelkader/Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Nyquist - Datsyuk - Franzen
Tatar - Helm - Samuelsson
Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Kronwall - White
Smith - Ericsson
Quincey - Kindl

Howard
Gustavsson

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013
Filpulla - Datsyuk - Bert
Nyquist - Z - Brunner
Tatar - helm - eaves
Emmerton - Abby - Tootoo

Kronner - Ericsson
Smith - huskins
Colo - white

Howard
Gustavsson

Anyone else over the age of 27 and over is expendable to trade with the objective to bring back a young defensive defensman good potential, who can play in the top two pairings as soon as next year. I like franzen but he is inconsistent and could hopefully be a decent piece in a trade

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Sheahan-Zetterberg-Brunner
Filppula-Datsyuk-Mule
Tatar-Helm-Bert
Andersson-Emmerton-Tootoo

Lashoff-Ericsson
Kronwall-Huskins
Smith-White

Howard
Gustavsson

Let's be honest, we have very little skill. The idea here is to have a big guy on each forward line and a 3 of our top 4 d-men would be defensive defensemen to limit the amount of Kronwall brain farts in our own zone.

No Cleary, no Sammy, no problem.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'd go with three scoring lines:
Franzen Zetterberg Tootoo
Nyquist Datsyuk Brunner
Helm Flip Tatar
Bertuzzi Emmerton Mursak

Kronwall Kindl
Ericsson Quincey
Smith White

Cast aside

Now, I don't know about you, but watching the kids line yesterday on the PP was sweet. Not because they were kids, but because they attacked the net and they weren't so patient as our #1 unit.

I like the third line a lot. I think it would be killer, tons of speed, a few hands. Tatar clearly has finish even if the Finnish doesn't. but Tootoo With Zetterberg and Franzen. I just don't see what the chemistry would be.

I've also been pretty impressed with Anderson. Especially when I saw his FO%. What's Emmerton's? I'd like to see Anderson with a few more games, see what he can do.

RedWingsNow*

I like the third line a lot. I think it would be killer, tons of speed, a few hands. Tatar clearly has finish even if the Finnish doesn't. but Tootoo With Zetterberg and Franzen. I just don't see what the chemistry would be.

I've also been pretty impressed with Anderson. Especially when I saw his FO%. What's Emmerton's? I'd like to see Anderson with a few more games, see what he can do.

Just a guy out there launching himself like a torpedo at defensemen on the dump ins...
Tootoo has far more skill than most people know. He can handle a regular shift (not on the PP, mind you, but with skilled players).

Tootoo can crash the boards and crash the net, and he's got the soft hands to pass and shoot good enough. He's got better hands than Helm, Miller and maybe even Cleary, back in the day.

Aug 6, 2012
Tatar - Helm - Tootoo
Miller - Emmerton - Bertuzzi
Abdelkader, Samuelsson, Eaves, Cleary

Ericsson - Smith
Kronwall - White
Quincey - Kindl
Colaiacovo, Huskins

Howard
Gustavsson

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Emmerton really should be given a fair shake at 3rd line center. Offensively he has been making things happen all year with whoever he plays with. Compared to Helm and Abby he is a much better option at C if you want to roll 3 scoring lines.

I'd go with something like.

Franzen-Dats-Nyquist
Fil-Z-Brunner
Tatar-Emmerton-Bert
Abby-Helm-Tootoo

I'd love a line-up with the Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist line in tact as well, maybe something like.

Fil-Dats-Bert
Franzen-Z-Brunner
Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist
Abby-Helm-Tootoo

cupforwings09

Mar 30, 2010
Michigan
Emmerton really should be given a fair shake at 3rd line center. Offensively he has been making things happen all year with whoever he plays with. Compared to Helm and Abby he is a much better option at C if you want to roll 3 scoring lines.

I'd go with something like.

Franzen-Dats-Nyquist
Fil-Z-Brunner
Tatar-Emmerton-Bert
Abby-Helm-Tootoo

I'd love a line-up with the Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist line in tact as well, maybe something like.

Fil-Dats-Bert
Franzen-Z-Brunner
Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist
Abby-Helm-Tootoo

I like the first two lines. But Helm is our third line center. He is significantly better than both Andersson and Emmerton. He is one of the most important players on this team and giving him 4th line minutes makes no sense.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
I'd go with three scoring lines:
Franzen Zetterberg Tootoo
Nyquist Datsyuk Brunner
Helm Flip Tatar
Bertuzzi Emmerton Mursak

Kronwall Kindl
Ericsson Quincey
Smith White

Cast aside

Agree entirely except for defense
Kronwall-Kindl
White-Lashoff
Quincey-Big E or Smith

I really think Lashoff is a promising d-man

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Franzen - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Miller - Helm - Tootoo
Tatar - Emmerton - Abdelkader

Defense is a ****show no matter how you match them up

Kronwall - White
Kindl - Ericsson
Smith - Colaiacovo

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like the first two lines. But Helm is our third line center. He is significantly better than both Andersson and Emmerton. He is one of the most important players on this team and giving him 4th line minutes makes no sense.

I like Helm a lot as a player. It's just that traditionally when this team is good and a contender for cups, we are rolling 3 scoring lines. While Helm is a valuable and good player, I just don't think he fits well into a legit scoring line.

I'll go against the grain here, but I think Emmerton would create more offensively at center on a scoring line than Helm. Not saying I think Emmerton is a great player, I just like what I have seen him create in the offensive zone so far this year, enough to where I'm curious what he could do with a few more minutes and a little better linemates.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Brunner - Zetterberg - Filppula
Franzen - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Tatar - Helm - Tootoo
Abdelkader - Emmerton - Miller

Kronwall - Ericsson
White - Smith
Colaiacovo - Quincey

Howard
Mrazek

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I like Helm a lot as a player. It's just that traditionally when this team is good and a contender for cups, we are rolling 3 scoring lines. While Helm is a valuable and good player, I just don't think he fits well into a legit scoring line.

I'll go against the grain here, but I think Emmerton would create more offensively at center on a scoring line than Helm. Not saying I think Emmerton is a great player, I just like what I have seen him create in the offensive zone so far this year, enough to where I'm curious what he could do with a few more minutes and a little better linemates.

Helm hasn't really played this year, but I agree with what you're saying. Emmerton has improved greatly since last year. Maybe it's not saying much, but he has.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Howard
Mrazek

Kronwall - White
Ericsson - Smith
Kindl - Colaiacovo

Filppula - Datsyuk - Nyqvist
Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner
Tatar - Emmerton - Bertuzzi
Abdelkalder - Helm - Tootoo

Time for some Emmerton love.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner (+ chemestry, skill, def. -size)
Franzén - Datsyuk - Nyquist (+ skill, def. -speed?)
Tatar - Helm - Bertuzzi (+ speed, skill, def, size. -Bert)
Mursak - Abdelkader - Tootoo (+ speed, def, agitating -skill?)
Miller - Eaves

Kronwall - Lashoff
Ericsson - Smith
Kindl - White
Coliacovo/Huskins

Howard
Gustavsson

Gerin

Aug 15, 2010
British Columbia
Tatar - Helm - Samuelsson
Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo
Mursak

Kronwall - Lashoff
Smith - Ericsson
White - Kindl

Howard
Gustavsson

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Kronwall sucks.

Big E-Smith
Quincey-Kindl
Kronwall-Lashoff(White)

Don't write off Kronner yet. He hasn't had the best season but has been good for the last few years. I really think its a mental thing. Weather it was losing his mentor and line mate or just the pressure of being handed the defensive crown, something has gotten to him mentally. That's my opinion and either I'm right OR playing with Nick Lidstrom made him look THAT good.

Heinz84

Aug 4, 2012
Germany / London(UK)
Right now I would go with

Filppula-Zetterberg-Brunner
Filppula is struggling badly this season. He showed great chemistry with Zetterberg last season. So maybe playing with Z again finally gets Filppula going. Furthermore his reluctance to shoot the puck wont impact too badly on this line, as Brunner und Zetterberg are the leading shooters on our team.

Samuelsson-Datsyuk-Franzen
In my opinion Franzen looked better this season than he did the years before. He was skating well and getting involved in front of the goal. Havent seen much of Sammy yet this season, so its hard to judge him. As he is a good shooter, he could benefit from playing with Datsyuk and having Franzen around the net.

Tatar-Helm-Bertuzzi
In the few games we have seen from Tatar he has shown that he belongs into the lineup. I would love to see him with Helm, as both play with so much energy and speed. Bertuzzi could be replaced with a hand full of other players. If Mursak was ever healthy, he may be a good fit as he is pretty fast aswell.

Miller-Abdelkader-Tootoo
Would keep Miller in the lineup for his penalty killing and size. I really didnt like to see Abdelkader on one of the scoring lines as a power forward during all this injury trouble. He doesnt have enaugh offensive skill to play this role. He is a good 4th line checking forward though and can stir things up with Tootoo.

Nyqvist - Should be put on one of the Top 3 lines in case Sammy, Bertuzzi or Filppula struggle. Unfortunately he didnt get fair chance to prove himself in the 2 games he played this year. Most recently he was wasted on a line with Filppula who had a terrible night.

Andersson - Would like him to stay in the lineup as he can be a decent defensive forward who can kill penaltys and brings size. Could be inserted for Miller or Abdelkader on thr 4th line.

Emmerton - I have never been a big fan of him as I just dont see much upside, but he a had a couple of decent games this year where he worked really hard. Could play with Helm or on the 4th line.

Cleary - Is just playing awful this year and yet gets to play on a top line, the pp, final minute of the game... If at all, he should grind it out on one of the bottom lines, but with his current form he shouldnt be in the lineup.

Eaves - Will have problems get playing time as several players moved past him internally.

Defense:

Ericsson-Smith
Ericsson has been quite solid so far and is a better partner for Smith than Quincey

Kronwall-Carlo
Kronwall plays well offensivly, but seems to be on the ice for every goal against. Perhaps him and Carlo can create more offense though

Quincey-White
Im also very frustrated with the Quincey trade, but I start to think he is finally playing a bit more solid. For what its worth, he is leading the Team in the +/- department. White needs to sort out this turnoevers.

Kindl - So far he is playing better than last year and gets a few shots through offensivly. He needs to cut down on turnovers though if he wants to stay in the lineup.

Lashoff - Has been a pleasent surprise and played very solid.

Huskins - solid depth defensemen.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Put this in the Cleary thread, but I wouldn't mind seeing this.

Z-Dats-Brunner
Franzen-Filppula-Nyquist
Tatar-Helm-Tootoo
Emmerton + any combo of Miller/Eaves/Abby/Bert (I personally go with Miller/Bert)

Datsyuk and Zetterberg showed some stuff last night, together. Wouldn't mind keeping them together longer.

If Nyquist is who we think he is, the second line should be good to go.

That third line will wreck most other third lines.

Fourth line has the potential to score, definitely. Miller's been sniffing around for a while now. He keeps getting chances. Bert can finish if he gets the chance. Emmerton has developed into an at least adequate center.

Aug 6, 2012
Keeping Datsyuk and Zetterberg together makes the first line great but makes the second line absolutely, completely, and utterly useless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad