Speculation: Too Many Optional Practices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Last edited:

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I recall Torts saying he was going to listen to the players more this season about getting players rest. No training camp and a condensed schedule convinced him he needs to be a little less strict about mandatory practices.

Punxrocknyc19*

Maybe they practice how to steal money because they are not earning their check...

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
always remember back in hs one day someone asked the baseball coach if a practice could be optional and he said 'optional is french for you better f***ing be there. not because i'm making you but because you want to be there for your teammates and because to a man you expect every one of your teammates to be there too'

the ONLY excuse to skip practice on a team in our situation is if you are hurt, otherwise imo the so-called 'leaders' sitting out speaks volumes about the lack of character and leadership in the lockerroom this year. this is how it was during the late 90s when the fat cats ran the asylum and no one ever practiced...

they don't care...if they cared they would be out there working ever harder to try to fix it, but they don't care. and torts forcing them to go out for a 'mandatory' practice isn't going to make them care.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Girardi, Cally, Gabby I understand, but Eminger? LOL who does this scrub think he is? He should be the 1st one on the ice and the last one off with how brutal he is. A journey man defenseman thinking he's hot ****. Oh boy this team should be called the N.Y Strangers. No idea who these guys are.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Girardi, Cally, Gabby I understand, but Eminger? LOL who does this scrub think he is? He should be the 1st one on the ice and the last one off with how brutal he is. A journey man defenseman thinking he's hot ****. Oh boy this team should be called the N.Y Strangers. No idea who these guys are.
Look at his ice time in the last 10 games compared to the previous two seasons. He may be a bit gassed.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I recall Torts saying he was going to listen to the players more this season about getting players rest. No training camp and a condensed schedule convinced him he needs to be a little less strict about mandatory practices.

This. Normally I'd be ticked about this but it makes sense this year due to no camp/compressed schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA