Tony Romo as a commentator

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He gives the fans the perspective of what he sees in the defence from a QB perspective. See what they are showing him and determine what the best option against that look should be.

As a fan, you're left wondering, I hope the defensive player knows that the ball is likely coming in his direction.

Tony doesn't do it on every snap. That would be too much information. He does it late in games.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
He had to tone it down after more or less calling Andy Dalton an idiot earlier this season. :laugh:

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. When the story broke he was getting the job I laughed and cringed. Having watched him for several games I find him entertaining and informative and that's really the most important things to me as a viewer.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Romo's great. He was rough around the edges at first for sure. He was calling damn near every play before it happened and he was a tad bit enthusiastic/reactionary (although it wasn't that bad since you could tell the guy was absolutely loving what he was doing)

Now he's settled in, i'd say he's easily the best color guy in sports right now. He's insightful, enthusiastic/infectious as hell and he even has a bit of wit and humor to him. He actually adds something to the broadcast besides "YA SEE MIKE, THIS GUY'S A FOOTBAWL PLAYER I LIKE HIM." For me it's between him and Brian Boucher who occasionally is the between benches guys for NBC/NBCSN

He also gets props for bringing Jim Nantz back from the dead. I think people forgot how good of a PBP guy Nantz is because he was saddled with the bumble**** hillbilly ass Phil Simms. Now that he's got a guy he can work off of, he's suddenly way better.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Romo is going to be one of the GOAT commentators one day. I thought it was awesome when he first got hired and people ragged on him because for some reason he was an easy target in Dallas.

But I'm glad to see he's changed a lot of people's minds. Even if you don't like him, you can't listen to him pick apart the defense's and predict every play in the final drives of the game and say he doesn't know the game of Football front, back, and sideways.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
He is insightful and entertaining. He is definitely doing a wonderful job. He just LOVESSSSSSSS the game and it shows. That's the biggest plus to me. He doesn't sound like a robot or, even worse, a bitter ex-player. He brings joy and enthusiasm to the broadcast and I appreciate that a lot.

Reminds me of Madden way back in the 80s and 90s.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
He is awesome during the AFC title game last year he was making these funny sounds. Also he gets so excited at times and starts screeching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad