Celebrity Death: Tony Dow, Leave It To Beaver's Wally Cleaver, 77

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Suprirsed by his TV directing credits as I never heard that he had gone into that, but he directed episodes of Coach, Baylon 5, Swamp Thing and a Star Trek Deep Space Nine episode (Field of Fire) as well as other shows in 80's and 90's

His cancer had returned it was announced in May so his health must have deteriorated rapidly

f*** Cancer as always

RIP

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Suprirsed by his TV directing credits as I never heard that he had gone into that, but he directed episodes of Coach, Baylon 5, Swamp Thing and a Star Trek Deep Space Nine episode (Field of Fire) as well as other shows in 80's and 90's

His cancer had returned it was announced in May so his health must have deteriorated rapidly

f*** Cancer as always

RIP

Babylon 5 was the first show I saw he directed. He was at a B5 convention many years ago and was asked if he became a director because acting roles dried up. The answer surprised a few. It wasn't till Still the beaver when he got really interested in directing and writing. Due to the show needed him and the beaver and so when he asked to direct an episode, after proving he could do it, they let him direct a few and after that , other shows also hired him to direct.

He actually left Hollywood( the life) and was involved in construction and real estate. He also became a good sculptor and and works displayed around the world

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Watching Leave it to Beaver was like reliving youth. Tony Dow would have been a great big brother to have. Sad news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad