Value of: Tony DeAngelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Every rangers fan I know personally is 100% ready to move on from deangelo. They complain he can’t play defense. 3 playoff games, -6 and was completely posterized by Aho in the last game. Add in that he needs a new contract, I just don’t think he is worth as much as some people might think
Meh, I'd be more concerned with most of his success coming from Panarin and Zibanejad, than getting embarrassed by the Canes. DeAngelo couldn't even skate in that series. It's not an excuse because NYR were terrible, but it was obvious he was reduced to just making a pass and not moving much.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Jets are more likely to pursue Barrie.

DeAngelo is likely worth at most 2nd + 3rd, with the horrendous playoffs maybe even less.
Maybe less? Don't kid yourself. Teams would be lining up to acquire him for a 2nd and 3rd, or less...

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Yeah they are terrible but I am not the one who is asking for top 10 picks plus for our bad defenseman
Most of us aren't asking for a top 10 pick. There's a big gap between those who call him a #1D and those of us who know he's not. The few vocal ones on these forums don't make up the majority of how we view DeAngelo. But value of a 2nd and 3rd is not accurate either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico Hischier

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Most of us aren't asking for a top 10 pick. There's a big gap because those who call him a #1D and those of us who know he's not. The few vocal ones on these forums don't make up the majority of how we view DeAngelo. But value of a 2nd and 3rd is not accurate either.
Yup I was referring to berns value of 8oa for deangelo

So what do u think fair value is?

Reactions: Guitpik

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
DeAngelo is worth a multi-year 6M$ deal, or a first, a good prospect and a roster defenseman.
Dermott, SDA and 2021 1st
(or 2022, i guess, 1st if TML win 1OA, retain 2020, and 2021 goes to Canes)
('21/'22 1st would likely be late, Leafs will be better next year(s), and ADA would help that...)
Leafs fans here say ADA is no better than Reilly,
but they need help on right-side, and ADA surely would complement their big 4 and other offensive skill guys...
they might need some Cap balancing, not addressing that here ...

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Career season, he scored half his NHL points. Barrie is a significant better player with 3 of 7 50+ seasons and much higher career scoring average. DeAngeelo can’t play defence and only had the breakout due to Panarin & Zibby carrying the team. Few teams are willing to take a chance on a 1 dimensional player with only 1 good season.

Last edited by a moderator:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Yup I was referring to berns value of 8oa for deangelo

So what do u think fair value is?
I prefer young roster players. Solid 3rd liner and pick, or prospect. Maybe prospect or player without room to grow on another team. 3rd liner who can bounce to second line if needed. If we're talking picks and prospects, his contract negotiation will play into it.

Reactions: Nico Hischier

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Doubt there would be much interest if Barrie is a similar player available as a UFA. DeAngelo was the worst player against CAR. It seemed like they were targeting his terrible coverages.

Yea, duhhh, cause he was injured. That’s a pretty common strategy, in all sports too.

low 1st + 3rd probably gets it done. maybe the Jets would bite?

No, that doesn’t get it done.

whose point production is tied to PP1 time
Nonsense. Tony was tied for 3rd in the league at ESP with 34. Only Josi and Carlson produced more at ES than DeAngelo.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
rangers fans going to be disappointed. only hypotheticals so far offering mystery teams mid 1sts and prospects. low 1st + 3rd probably gets it done. maybe the Jets would bite?

Assuming DeMelo is signed as being discussed now, plus with Pionk & Josh M already.....zero need/room for Tony.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Meh, I'd be more concerned with most of his success coming from Panarin and Zibanejad, than getting embarrassed by the Canes. DeAngelo couldn't even skate in that series. It's not an excuse because NYR were terrible, but it was obvious he was reduced to just making a pass and not moving much.

He can’t play defense and selfishly played hurt that cost the NYR their season. He deserves $6M+ or Top 10 pick. :laugh:

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Dermott, SDA and 2021 1st
(or 2022, i guess, 1st if TML win 1OA, retain 2020, and 2021 goes to Canes)
('21/'22 1st would likely be late, Leafs will be better next year(s), and ADA would help that...)
Leafs fans here say ADA is no better than Reilly,
but they need help on right-side, and ADA surely would complement their big 4 and other offensive skill guys...
they might need some Cap balancing, not addressing that here ...

Toronto can shift Dermott to play RD; save money and not lose any draft pics and or prospects.

From there wait until on or after expansion draft to look at addressing the RD situation permanently

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Toronto can shift Dermott to play RD; save money and not lose any draft pics and or prospects.

From there wait until on or after expansion draft to look at addressing the RD situation permanently

k, basically i was just filling in the blanks of the generic proposal with regard to a team reported seeking RHD help (and some 'vinegar')

Dermott can't bring the 50+ points, but costly moves do need to be carefully considered

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Selfishly lol? His coach played him. Lots of guys play banged up in the playoffs.

You clearly have an agenda against Tony and it’s kinda sad.

NHL season shutdown March 12. He had nearly 5 months to recover. Undisclosed injury was before he played the 1st playoff game. Not only was the worst player on the ice, he had the most penalties.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He can’t play defense and selfishly played hurt that cost the NYR their season. He deserves $6M+ or Top 10 pick. :laugh:
It's like you don't even read. And the thought that he cost us the season when we score 4 goals is pretty laughable.

Reactions: Kupo

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
NHL season shutdown March 12. He had nearly 5 months to recover. Undisclosed injury was before he played the 1st playoff game. Not only was the worst player on the ice, he had the most penalties.

Tony likely tweaked something in the exhibition game or in practice. There was no word about anything with him until:

DeAngelo finished the season healthy.

Reactions: bernmeister

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
It's like you don't even read. And the thought that he cost us the season when we score 4 goals is pretty laughable.
That’s a really, really bad take right there. DeAngelo costing us the series :laugh:

You can’t make this shit up. :facepalm:

Reactions: TGWL

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Combine the lack of defensive play, with the fact that he'll be looking to get paid, and the biggest factor, imo, the off ice stuff, and he's not worth much at all. Don't need that in the locker room or in the organization.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Combine the lack of defensive play, with the fact that he'll be looking to get paid, and the biggest factor, imo, the off ice stuff, and he's not worth much at all. Don't need that in the locker room or in the organization.
What off the ice stuff are you talking about?

As far as lockerooms go, he’s a favorite amongst his peers.

The false narratives you guys are peddling is hilarious.

And every player would be looking to get paid after having a strong season. Look at your boys Nylander + Marner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad