Value of: Tony DeAngelo

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
15 points in 18 games this year, 24 year old rhd, great offensively, not great defensively, and has a reputation as a bit of a jerk on and off the ice (although no issues so far this year). Arbitration eligible rfa after this year, seems like the odd man out for the rangers long term with trouba and fox already there and keane/lundkvist coming.

Have no idea what he’s worth, would be curious to hear offers from fans of other teams.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
15 points in 18 games this year, 24 year old rhd, great offensively, not great defensively, and has a reputation as a bit of a jerk on and off the ice (although no issues so far this year). Arbitration eligible rfa after this year, seems like the odd man out for the rangers long term with trouba and fox already there and keane/lundkvist coming.

Have no idea what he’s worth, would be curious to hear offers from fans of other teams.

He’s not a jerk. And, he’s also not available.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Last year I hated ADA. I would have taken anything for him. This year, I think he's been amazing and we would be foolish to not include him in the longer term. I would listen to offers but they would have to be damn good ones for me to consider them.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
why are so many Rangers fans in such a hurry to get rid of him? He's legit one of our best players this season, and his still quite young.

I don’t get this either. DeAngelo has proven himself this year and I want him extended. Him and Fox have been the bright part of the Rangers D and should be part of the future. Imo.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I wonder what nyr will try to sign him to. They played hardball last offseason. Will they try to underpay him?

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland

Kid has made some questionable decisions and statements as a teenager. Kid labelled as jerk for said actions years later although no issues have occured since.

Love to know the reasons why you said he was a jerk because his actions from years ago certainly couldnt be the reason.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
You aren't moving Trouba and going with Fox, DeAngelo and Lundkvist because they are all 5'11. You need some size on defense. Lundkvist to me is the type of defenseman from all scouting reports that doesn't make many mistakes. I see no way they move Fox. It's not a matter of wanting to move DeAngelo. More a matter of getting a young, talented, physical forward or some 25-35 point role players which actualy have some speed to help the crappy PK unit. I also see DeAngelo as being a guy who will want absurd money with his contracts. Right now he's improving his value every week. You have to figure they move Kreider or Fast at the deadline or both. Not sure what they do with Strome. Moves have to be made. Rangers are a bit slow up front in the role player positions. Part of that has to do with the fact our college head coach continues to play Smith, Haley, McKegg and a clueless Howden.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Kid has made some questionable decisions and statements as a teenager. Kid labelled as jerk for said actions years later although no issues have occured since.

Love to know the reasons why you said he was a jerk because his actions from years ago certainly couldnt be the reason.

If you re-read the original post, you’ll see we’re saying the same thing

You aren't moving Trouba and going with Fox, DeAngelo and Lundkvist because they are all 5'11. You need some size on defense. Lundkvist to me is the type of defenseman from all scouting reports that doesn't make many mistakes. I see no way they move Fox. It's not a matter of wanting to move DeAngelo. More a matter of getting a young, talented, physical forward or some 25-35 point role players which actualy have some speed to help the crappy PK unit. I also see DeAngelo as being a guy who will want absurd money with his contracts. Right now he's improving his value every week.

Exactly this. Seems like Trouba will be here long term and likely Fox as well. Given that and what’s coming, don’t see them giving DeAngelo a big contract

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
A young right handed defenseman scoring at a nearly point per game clip. Why are we trading him again? They have depth, so I'd listen, but I want top dollar. I'd want a youngish center who can play on the top 2 lines.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
why are so many Rangers fans in such a hurry to get rid of him? He's legit one of our best players this season, and his still quite young.
Because as good as he can be offensively, he's still pretty meh defensively, and he's due a contract.

I think he's someone we'd rather keep, but for the right deal we should absolutely consider trading him.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Because as good as he can be offensively, he's still pretty meh defensively, and he's due a contract.

I think he's someone we'd rather keep, but for the right deal we should absolutely consider trading him.

Who would be an equivalent young forward?

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

Not the poster you're quoting, but wasn't it within the last season or so where he got suspended for abuse of officials *again*?

I haven't paid much attention during his time as a Ranger, but prior to that there were multiple benchings due to attitude issues, and despite some fairly obvious talent teams keep dropping him like a hot potato. Obviously for the most part fans aren't privy to the inner workings and though processes of the teams, but at some point you have to figure "where there's smoke there's fire" and assume there are probably some underlying issues.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
he got suspended for abuse of officials *again*?.

Yes, he did..

In January 2017......

I heard he thoroughly enjoys punting baby llamas when he loses a drop-in game on NHL 20 too.

He’s pretty much the worst human. Ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->