Player Discussion Tony DeAngelo

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Someone from the NYR staff needs to tell ADA to shut down the Twitter usage. Extremely unprofessional and immature.
What did he say was so in that tweet that could be taken as "unprofessional" or "immature"? Not like he went off and said bad things about Boomer. Boomer criticized him and he has the right to says something back. It was a well-constructed response. If that's considered immature you should see other athletes.
Also if you're talking about him retweeting a certain political figure, he has not done that in a while

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
Someone from the NYR staff needs to tell ADA to shut down the Twitter usage. Extremely unprofessional and immature.
Huh? Is he not a f***ing human? Is he not allowed to have a life outside of hockey? So what if he replies to a hater. He doesn't take shit from anyone. I respect that. He's out there trying his hardest on a garbage team in a garbage system with a garbage coach. I applaud what he did and I hope he continues to do him.

Unprofessional my ass football and basketball players do this all the time

It's 2018 if the guy wants to be a savage than let him be a savage.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
He's a professional athlete. In the public domain. People are going to chirp you. Boomer is an old man in the stands at this point. As an NHL player / employee of the NYR you are held to a higher standard.

Go to work to get better instead of clapping back on your phone, comes off as very whiny and unprofessional. ADA has a lot bigger problems than Boomer giving him crap on twitter.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He's a professional athlete. In the public domain. People are going to chirp you. Boomer is an old man in the stands at this point. As an NHL player / employee of the NYR you are held to a higher standard.

Go to work to get better instead of clapping back on your phone, comes off as very whiny and unprofessional. ADA has a lot bigger problems than Boomer giving him crap on twitter.

I could see you saying this if he told Boomer to "f*** off" or something.

His response was articulate and very polite for the bullshit Boomer was spewing about him.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I'm not the biggest fan of ADA's "non hockey" thoughts (I will leave it at that) but what he said to Boomer is fine. I have nothing wrong with that comment. Now, if he responds to every random twitter buffoon and troll ... that can be an issue but Boomer is a NY Media guy who is a huge passionate Rangers fan and took a shot at him and ADA responded in a well put way. Depends on how you spin it, you could say it was more of a comment toward Booms to support the team and the youth movement.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I could see you saying this if he told Boomer to "**** off" or something.

His response was articulate and very polite for the bull**** Boomer was spewing about him.

I don't think ADA was wrong or that he said anything inflammatory, but no matter how articulate or polite he is, it's going to come off as being defensive. There's just no benefit to engaging in that conversation. If Boomer were to respond to ADA's response, what then? Does ADA respond again, this time in a less articulate and polite matter? It's best just to ignore it.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I don't have a problem with ADA's response to Boomer at all.

Boomer annoys me when he talks about hockey.
I will say this about Boomer, at least he literally gives a crap about this franchise. His comments might be ill put and sometimes misleading but he's passionate and cares. I'll take that any day than the fly by night baseball fans who just love who's hot (Mets a few years ago, Yankees now)

Reactions: Hire Sather

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
ADA is not looking bad at all. There should be a lot of competition in training camp for d-positions so I'll be comfortable with whoever makes it out of camp and on the team. I am a little worried about the size we might have on the back-end but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it till we see what happens next season.

One thing for sure, is that these young defenders need to get away from AV as soon as possible.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Here’s a fact for you folks. If ADA’s past comments and political tweets were from the opposite side of the political spectrum, no one would have a problem with his past or his current tweeting.
Irrelevant how he got his reputation. Just as irrelevant that his message was not in itself controversial (thank God for that). There’s just no benefit for ADA to engage other than a personal indulgence. Please give me another prime reason if it’s not this.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Irrelevant how he got his reputation. Just as irrelevant that his message was not in itself controversial (thank God for that). There’s just no benefit for ADA to engage other than a personal indulgence. Please give me another prime reason if it’s not this.
To answe your question......because he is a proud athlete with a chip on his shoulder and he likes to defend himself. I love ALL of those things about him because it carries over in the ice. Boomer has a talk show so it’s not like ADA was responding to an average fan

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
To answe your question......because he is a proud athlete with a chip on his shoulder and he likes to defend himself. I love ALL of those things about him because it carries over in the ice. Boomer has a talk show so it’s not like ADA was responding to an average fan

Proud athlete could as well take a high road and do not respond. Whatever...

Gorton’s message recently used “character “ a lot. Did ADA earn any points in this category? I doubt and I hope he didn’t lose any.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Why does there have to be a "benefit"? Why can he not just be a human and respond when directly called out by a clown?

He's allowed to speak.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Proud athlete could as well take a high road and do not respond. Whatever...

Gorton’s message recently used “character “ a lot. Did ADA earn any points in this category? I doubt and I hope he didn’t lose any.
There are other aspects to having character than being some quiet boring typical hockey player. I think DeAngelo & Andersson both have character that some people would consider to be a flaw, but they both have an edge to them and a pulse, which is something that our organization has been lacking. I think we're building a team that has a lot of personality to it, you need a mix of personalities in the room. We've long had too many quiet "lead by example" types and there was so many times in the playoffs where we just lacked that fire or passion. ADA & Andersson definitely bring that, and then Howden & Lindgren are known for great leadership skills

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
There are other aspects to having character than being some quiet boring typical hockey player. I think DeAngelo & Andersson both have character that some people would consider to be a flaw, but they both have an edge to them and a pulse, which is something that our organization has been lacking. I think we're building a team that has a lot of personality to it, you need a mix of personalities in the room. We've long had too many quiet "lead by example" types and there was so many times in the playoffs where we just lacked that fire or passion. ADA & Andersson definitely bring that, and then Howden & Lindgren are known for great leadership skills
The more I think about it the more I like it. I loved how he doesn't take **** from anyone just like how I love Andersson throwing his medal into the crowed. I hope Gorts bring in more players like ADA and Andersson. I love players with a **** you let's give it everything attitude.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nothing he said to Boomer was inappropriate. And I don't see anything wrong with what Boomer said either, was he wrong?

The thing thats wrong here is how we traded for DeAngelo to be one of the two main pieces in the Stepan deal, and he's not playing like an NHL defenseman. I'm not sure he's good enough to make the team next season.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Now we putting Andersson and ADA on the same footing? There’s really nothing else I can’t add if people don’t see a distinction or cannot appreciate nuances of what to do and what not to do when you’re merely a (dime-a-dozen) prospect with a reputation that needs to be rebuilt.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Now we putting Andersson and ADA on the same footing? There’s really nothing else I can’t add if people don’t see a distinction or cannot appreciate nuances of what to do and what not to do when you’re merely a (dime-a-dozen) prospect with a reputation that needs to be rebuilt.
I'd argue ADA has more elite talent & a higher ceiling than Andersson

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->