Player Discussion Tony DeAngelo: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
It is crazy to think that that a majority of the players on the Rangers including ADA have an extra level (or two or three!) of development left in them, including two of the goalies...

With that said, this Rangers team is currently top 10 in the league in ROWs, its scary to think about what the ceiling is for this club moving forward.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
so what's his usage like cuz I hate finding whatever the newest fancy charts are and how to interpret them. A criticism I see is that he's "heavily sheltered" though i'm not sure that's 100% correct.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
56% OZ starts. Yes it leans one way, but its not drastic and your better offensive D usually tend to get the OZ starts anyway.

The heavily sheltered argument holds no weight because he has had to drag around Staal.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
With his 5v5 goal last night he is now 3rd in both 5v5 P/60 and 5v5 G/60 and has a good chance of leading the league in P/60 when it's all said and done:
upload_2020-3-8_19-45-56.png

If Hamilton falls out of the TOI threshold at season's end he has a chance for #1 in G/60 as well:
upload_2020-3-8_19-47-43.png

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
It's worth pointing out that earlier in the season many people including yourself, the blueshirt breakaway guys (actually till today they talk about it) and the blueshirt banter guys (also till today) were totally fine with trading him away.

Last year I wanted to try to lock him up at 8x5. Now I'm guessing toget 8 years outta him will cost 8 mil.

I have a feeling Tony is gonna get the arbitration game.. and that's bad.
That’s exactly what I stated. 8 years, 4.5-5.5 AAV. If he would have taken it. I would have even gone up to 6 mil (right now that would look great but last year that was slightly pushing it).

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
So say they can't agree on a contract and they decide that Lundqvist coming down the pipe is the way they want to go. Who's in the market for Tony D and what's the return look like?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I wonder what Torts would have said to Tony had he instead of Quinn been coach when ADA said “I’ll do whatever the f*** I want” after the coach reprimanded him on the bench for taking a penalty.
has this happened with Quinn, I remember Namestikov gave a stare when he got sent to the penalty box for a too many men penaltiy. I don't recall this happened with ADA although I could be wrong?

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
has this happened with Quinn, I remember Namestikov gave a stare when he got sent to the penalty box for a too many men penaltiy. I don't recall this happened with ADA although I could be wrong?
I forget against whom, but ADA took a boneheaded penalty one game and scored as soon as he got out of the box, which nevertheless displeased Quinn.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Everyone talks about DeAngelo as a product of Panarin/Mika. Panarin/Mika success has a lot to do with DeAngelo tho. Not to mention they are a sick 3v3 unit.
Show me a defenseman who isn't a product of their forwards...Bobby Orr? Erik Karlsson? Look at Neal Pionk, he basically keeps the puck warm on Winnipeg's PP and has 25 pts just from that. Carlson basically exists the feed the puck to the GOAT goal-scorer.

I feel like people keep waiting for ADA to “come down” and I’m just not sure that’s going to be a thing.

He’s pretty much holding or building on a 55+ point pace for a year, and spread over two seasons.

In the past we’ve talked about him someday hitting that Dan Boyle type level — and someday has looked like it’s here for a while now.
I was reading his prospect reports last week and came across the Dan Boyle comparison. People should remember: DeAngelo was supposed to be amazing offensively, it was all that other bullshit that was a knock on him.

Reactions: NYSPORTS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad