Oct 12, 2008

Interesting to watch looking back! Top 3 GM in the league

WzbDXQv.jpg

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
if we had 2 tonys they would be a pair with 1 minute to go down a goal
Ok. Sure.

Is DeAngelo better now than when he first started? Sure. Is he overall a fairly weak defender? Yes. Can he improve? Without a doubt....to a point.

But they kind of weapon he is offensively is also non-debatable. More than enough that you learn to live with the defensive warts and concentrate on finding him a Lindgren clone type of partner.

Reactions: belford22

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Ok. Sure.

Is DeAngelo better now than when he first started? Sure. Is he overall a fairly weak defender? Yes. Can he improve? Without a doubt....to a point.

But they kind of weapon he is offensively is also non-debatable. More than enough that you learn to live with the defensive warts and concentrate on finding him a Lindgren clone type of partner.

wow we agree.

overall, hes been our best offensive defender but not by much over fox. both have been crazy good.

they BOTH turn pucks over and blow assignments but over all, those 2 are going to be the envy of the league next year. either of them on PP point is scary. you dont lose much on top with either guy.

i can remember us needing to find a guy similar to leetch for all those years and never getting close. now we have 2 guys who bring an offensive game very close to his. we are very fortunate.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
ADA is more of a dynamic player compared to Fox. He's a 'game-breaker' ( it goes both ways )

Fox is the better overall player though and has a lot less experience.

Reactions: ViewsFromThe6ix

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I would offer up 6x$6. Still can hit UFA at a great age. There is at least a decent chance that this year is arbitration and next year is the long term deal. Just depending on salary structure.
If you're going up to 6x6, better off just going 8x6. Theres more value in it for us.

6x6 doesn't give us much value

With the movement of Skjei, I think he gets his contract.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Don't see anywhere near the defensive ability. It's not about him being a great partner; it's about finding him a partner that will be able to act as a defensive consciousnesses for him. Preferably with some size and snarl.

Agreed. At the moment I think they should move TDA to the left and keep pairing him with Fox, Trouba or even Smith. Going to be a couple of seasons until this defense finally take shape.

Reactions: belford22

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Agreed. At the moment I think they should move TDA to the left and keep pairing him with Fox, Trouba or even Smith. Going to be a couple of seasons until this defense finally take shape.
DeAngelo is NOT being moved to his off side. And there is ZERO reason to break up Lingren & Fox.

I will say that they no longer have the luxury of waiting a few more seasons. Trouba needs a partner and so too will DeAngelo. No one wants Staal playing out there now. Next year will be worse.

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
i can remember us needing to find a guy similar to leetch for all those years and never getting close. now we have 2 guys who bring an offensive game very close to his. we are very fortunate.

Forget Leetch (although I love the guy), we never replaced Zubov...ADA needs to be locked up long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad