Player Discussion Tony DeAngelo: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
he's getting over 6 mil on that next deal regardless

Agreed. Which means these next two seasons are crucial for ADA. If he doesn't gain a reputation for being reliable in his own zone (whether thru his own development or due to a new D partner) he will be harder to trade and recoup value. And it could put him in a difficult position when securing his next deal for 6m+. With a flat cap that could last years -- 6m+ for 3rd pairing PPQB is hard to rationalize for most teams in the league. I would think it might doom him to playing for a middling team (like Minnesota has been).

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There are certainly people on here who argue Lundkvist is already a lock to be better than Tony, but nah I would prefer to keep the most talented player of the bunch which is Tony AINEC.
There are, but do we really need to bring such people into ANY credible argument or defense?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Love how it's a forgone conclusion that the 24 year old dman who just had the highest scoring season of any Ranger dman since Brian Leetch (in a shortened season to boot), and 4th in scoring among NHL dmen while being 5 years younger than anyone ahead of him; has already lost his spot on the team to player who's never played an NHL game, or even a game on this continent. Never change HF!
Hey to be fair, in 4 years Lundqvist, if things break well, could put up the SECOND most pts for any Ranger dman since Brian Leetch.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Werenkski is miles ahead of Tony, its not close except for one aspect of hockey, there is absolutely no way Columbus would entertain that. Regarding Nils, he doesn't have to replace Tony, the assets recouped plus Nils have to make the team better than it currently is. If Nils doesn't get 1 point and we are a better team because of the trade we can be happy with that.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Colby Cohen is a good friend of Tony's and his most recent podcast guest in case your weren't aware of this.

Reactions: Ardi44

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I was driving today when I heard Niskanen was retiring. First thing I thought of was them making a push for DeAngelo. If they are willing to overpay with a package, then I don't care that he would be in the division. They only play 4 times a year now anyway.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
What would be a realistic deal with Philly?

The idea of trading Tony isn't sweet but I get it if a young centre could be had?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Vancouver is also looking for a puck moving RHD.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Vancouver is also looking for a puck moving RHD.

I see. Hoglander is 5'8. No. Rathbone is 5'11 on d. No. We have enough of those already. TDA could be packaged with a Buchnevich in a deal for a center than is capable of carrying the team with Panarin if Zibanejad went down. Though I still see Buchnevich being deal at the draft to move up.

Last edited:

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I see. Hoglander is 5'8. No. Rathbone is 5'11 on d. No. We have enough of those already. TDA could be packaged with a Buchnevich in a deal for a center than is capable of carrying the team with Panarin if Zibanejad went down. Though I still see Buchnevich being deal at the draft to move up.
Ok and Quinn Hughes is 5’10, your telling me you wouldn’t want Quinn Hughes on this team??

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
So apparently Vegas and Anaheim asked about Tony. Anaheim just signed Shattenkirk, so hopefully they can f*** right off. And I also hope that Vegas signs Pietrangelo, so that they can f*** off as well

Reactions: EdJovanovski
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad