Player Discussion Tony DeAngelo: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
those here that continue to believe you can just plug nils lundkvist into a top 6 d spot right now and profit are mistaken.

1. kid isnt here.

2. kid isnt ready to be here.

3. if here, kid isnt ready.

4. if hes even considered ready, thats not a given he can play

thus,

ADA not going anywhere rn.

i agree. We have enough evidence the European hype doesn’t often translate immediately to NHL success. Like the prospect.

Reactions: leetch99

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I don’t want to lose him, but I really have a hard time seeing how ADA fits here long term.

at 24 years of age, he’s going to be around the league for a long while. Rangers have a lot of kids so they had better make the right moves. Was last year a sign of things to come?

Tricky call

Reactions: LionsHeart

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I don’t want to lose him, but I really have a hard time seeing how ADA fits here long term.
Same but no reason he can't be here for the next two years until Nils is ready. If he has a 60 point season next year don't you think that would further increase his trade value though?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
that 2 year deal @ 11 mil total makes so much sense.

let nils have another great season and then come over here ready to roll.

lets remember, 2 years ago he wasnt good. his season was widely viewed as a disappointment.

ADA needs to be resigned for 2 years and considered part of this young core.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Same but no reason he can't be here for the next two years until Nils is ready. If he has a 60 point season next year don't you think that would further increase his trade value though?

Is he going to want security though. I wouldn’t blame him at all if he said he wanted a long term contract.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Is he going to want security though. I wouldn’t blame him at all if he said he wanted a long term contract.
Unprecedented times due to corona virus. He may have no choice. Or he may want a smaller deal so he can cash in in two years when the cap goes back up. If he goes 2 years/$10M and has two 60 point seasons he's cashing in that 7 year deal.

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
Agreed. Also - he loves being a Ranger but he just witnessed:
1. His defense partner - incredibly respected on ice and in the clubhouse - bought out.
2. The greatest Ranger legend in team history bought out.
So it is even more apparent that this is a business. Why, coming off a great season, would he want to take a deal that works for team with Nils in the near term picture. He should get a deal that works for him too.

Reactions: egelband

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Deangelo has to take this opportunity to secure his future, he may not get a better chance so i doubt he takes anything less than what he feels is fair market value.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I think Tony's best chance to stay here is to not fight the Rangers too hard on term. The Rangers do not want to do long term and I agree with that. The next long term deal the Rangers do should be Zibanejad. If Tony's determined to get a 5/6 year deal for $30-35 mil. I think the Rangers move on from him. All that can be taken care of through the arbitration process though which is about 1 and 2 year deals.
I don’t know. 5-6 mil a year for 6 years seems like an absolute steal imo. If he can form a 2nd pairing on the left side with Adam Fox, or develop enough defensively to turn that into a 1st pairing, we have ourselves a steal. I do think the 2nd pairing option with Fox is very possible

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Agreed. Also - he loves being a Ranger but he just witnessed:
1. His defense partner - incredibly respected on ice and in the clubhouse - bought out.
2. The greatest Ranger legend in team history bought out.
So it is even more apparent that this is a business. Why, coming off a great season, would he want to take a deal that works for team with Nils in the near term picture. He should get a deal that works for him too.

Traded

Reactions: Sayba

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Ah. The good old ignore feature doing an incredibly poor job I assume.
I used to use the Ignore feature but I gave it up. Not just because of it messing up context, but I’ve realized that most everyone here is posting earnestly and even the oft-maligned posters bring interesting and useful thoughts, along with the bombastic crazy ones.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Couldn't agree more. If we are trading ADA I'd rather add to him to get a really good player, better than Lindholm.
I agree with the sentiment but I think Lindholm is that really good player. I tend to trust what the home fan bases say and they’re over-the-moon with Lindholm.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Deangelo has to take this opportunity to secure his future, he may not get a better chance so i doubt he takes anything less than what he feels is fair market value.
I do hope he’s more confident in himself than thinking this is ‘it’. I mean, I’m not suggesting he take the LeBanc deal but there’s a happy medium for him and the team, no doubt.

Reactions: bl02

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I used to use the Ignore feature but I gave it up. Not just because of it messing up context, but I’ve realized that most everyone here is posting earnestly and even the oft-maligned posters bring interesting and useful thoughts, along with the bombastic crazy ones.
Some people want an echo chamber and only want to see posts they agree with :laugh:

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Front-load it to make him tradable with NMC in the first few years, and I think he could bite. Just until Nils can show he’s ready. It’s one thing to make it to NA. It’s another to become a viable 2nd pair (or better) defenseman. That’s three years away — at least.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Some people want an echo chamber and only want to see posts they agree with :laugh:
Sad but true. And that’s how you get this polarized society we occupy. Everyone follows the people with whom they agree — and no one else. Confirmation bias taken to an extreme.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Gorton, please get this done. 5.5-6 mil for 5-6 years and I’m a happy guy. I mean, I personally would give him 8-10 mil just to stay but I wouldn’t be extremely happy about it haha
17 million between him and Trouba alone? Yikes!

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I agree with the sentiment but I think Lindholm is that really good player. I tend to trust what the home fan bases say and they’re over-the-moon with Lindholm.
Yea DeAngelo for Lindholm would probably be a fair trade to most people. But I think of DeAngelo very highly, and think he can be a PPG defenseman in his prime, so I would want someone like Zegras or Cozens for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->