Player Discussion Tony DeAngelo: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Since I defended his game against Winnipeg, I'll drop in and say that his first period against Ottawa was legit awful. There weren't the egregious mistakes like in the WPG game, but he and Staal got pinned on every shift and he couldn't move the puck up the ice to save his life (what I commended him for in the WPG game).

Periods two and three were much better though and while he didn't have any real standout plays it was a solid performance from him and what would amount to a great performance from most defencemen, with accurate and well timed passes out of the defensive zone and jumping into the offence at the right times even getting one of our best 5v5 scoring chances of the game. I especially enjoyed the shift where he and Fox dominated in the offensive zone following the expired PP - shades of the Buffalo game last year when ADA and Shatty were paired and ran a 5v5 powerplay the entire game.

He did have one or two passes picked off in the offensive zone, but those are the kind of mistakes that come with the territory if you want to create scoring chances.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Also on a team that is finesse I like his tough attitude. Plays bigger than his size in that way.

Only issue is can one of Fox, Lundkvist or Deangelo play on the left side?

Reactions: haveandare

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Also on a team that is finesse I like his tough attitude. Plays bigger than his size in that way.

Only issue is can one of Fox, Lundkvist or Deangelo play on the left side?

Fox's hockey sense is so off the charts, he'd probably succeed on his off side. Yeah, a little premature, based on 7 games of NHL experience, but a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Hope he gets his trade value up so they can package him in a deal at the deadline.

Why in the hell would you want to trade him?

What could he return?

RingedUntimelyHaddock-size_restricted.gif

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Yea I don't get why people want to trade him. I could easily see a 40-50pt D especially if he Qbed PP1. Wouldn't trade away a proven player just because of Lundkvist.

The idea of trading him is because you have Trouba, Fox and Lundkvist most likely as your righty defenseman. I've thought for years DeAngelo could make the transition to wing and be a 50+ point wing. I guess it's always a great problem to have when you have more good players than spots available on your pro club. Also, you get the sense that DeAngelo is going to be a major problem with contracts going forward.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Good teams develop young players and when they have an opportunity they make moves from strength to get stronger. Hes not being moved now. Fox is a rook and has 1 point. Lundkvist is yrs away still. ADA is just finding his role and getting regular minutes Which is something hes never had.

ADA can be a 40 point 15 goal dman. Hes got that kind of skill. In his presser quinn eluded to that very thing. He didnt say tony just has high end offensive skills on the team, he said “in the entire league”.

He just knows when to jump up and become a forward and hes learning how to do that and still play reliable D. When he puts it all together, he will be a top 4 legit PMD.

eventually, someone might be moved off that right side

the avs moved barrie for kadri but they had makar who was ready. Were not there yet not even close.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Good teams develop young players and when they have an opportunity they make moves from strength to get stronger. Hes not being moved now. Fox is a rook and has 1 point. Lundkvist is yrs away still. ADA is just finding his role and getting regular minutes Which is something hes never had.

ADA can be a 40 point 15 goal dman. Hes got that kind of skill. In his presser quinn eluded to that very thing. He didnt say tony just has high end offensive skills on the team, he said “in the entire league”.

He just knows when to jump up and become a forward and hes learning how to do that and still play reliable D. When he puts it all together, he will be a top 4 legit PMD.

eventually, someone might be moved off that right side

the avs moved barrie for kadri but they had makar who was ready. Were not there yet not even close.

I think he's got far higher upside than 4o points if he puts it all together. Heck, Skjei put up 39 in his rookie season and ADA has more offensive acumen in his left pinky than Skjei has in his whole body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->