Recalled/Assigned: Tony DeAngelo back to Wolfpack

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Right.

I've also heard the same story for all the other players "he destroyed" who had been on up to 5 teams in only a 2-3 year period before AV decided to destroy their careers.
No youre falsely comparing those situations...

The previous guys were traded because they were struggling and needed a change of scenery and bad at hockey...

DeAngelo was traded because he has tons of value and is good at hockey.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
There is no basis for this. If ADA truly deserved 7 minutes a night, then send him down. He doesn't though.

He's perfect for the 3rd pairing. Holden is in no way more steady or better than ADA. AV just trusts him more the way he did last playoffs when the coach signed off on May vacations for the team.

If we're using 6 defensemen, Vigneault uses 3 pairings equally at ES with maybe a 4 minute difference between pairings. There's plenty of ice time to be had for a 3rd pairing man.

Gorton is still empowering Vigneault to do everything he wants and hasn't learned from last year's playoff.

We're back to finding Tanner Glass replacements in guys like Cracknell and playing Staal-Holden for 16 minutes a night while Skjei and Smith get benched for individual plays.

I've said this 2 games ago. Past a certain point, Gorton has to shoulder the blame for allowing a mish mash failing and failed coaching staff to continue to have full control over personnel, call-ups, waiver pick ups, and demoting our best defensive prospects, and playing our best offensive prospect/player on the 4th line.

This coach and coaching staff has ran out of ideas. Random lines, random pairings, trying things for the sake of trying things.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
There is no basis for this. If ADA truly deserved 7 minutes a night, then send him down. He doesn't though.

He's perfect for the 3rd pairing. Holden is in no way more steady or better than ADA. AV just trusts him more the way he did last playoffs when the coach signed off on May vacations for the team.

If we're using 6 defensemen, Vigneault uses 3 pairings equally at ES with maybe a 4 minute difference between pairings. There's plenty of ice time to be had for a 3rd pairing man.

Gorton is still empowering Vigneault to do everything he wants and hasn't learned from last year's playoff.

We're back to finding Tanner Glass replacements in guys like Cracknell and playing Staal-Holden for 16 minutes a night while Skjei and Smith get benched for individual plays.

I've said this 2 games ago. Past a certain point, Gorton has to shoulder the blame for allowing a mish mash failing and failed coaching staff to continue to have full control over personnel, call-ups, waiver pick ups, and demoting our best defensive prospects, and playing our best offensive prospect/player on the 4th line.

This coach and coaching staff has ran out of ideas. Random lines, random pairings, trying things for the sake of trying things.

i agree with you that ADA needs to be playing on our third pair and doesnt deserve to be sent down

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
You can actually delete posts now and wipe them out instead of typing "delete"...unless it's only a sponsor thing.
I do not see an option to delete my own posts. And that would be stupid if it was a sponsor only thing.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
ADA has been one of our better defensemen, IMO. Granted, most of our defensemen are playing like crap...

I really liked him and Skjei together, the few times that happened.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I do not see an option to delete my own posts. And that would be stupid if it was a sponsor only thing.
Capture.PNG

Just trying to help.

Reactions: Ori

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
So smart dealing for a top righty AHL dman moving one of our few depth forwards that can play nhl mins 2 days before demoting a top righty dman to Hartford. Brilliant.

Pionk getting third pair mins in the AHL now?
Seeems like AV and the FO are on completely different pages

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I don't want to argue too vehemently because I don't want to defend Gorton too much. However, I don't think it's the place of a GM to demand players usage. That's micromanaging and in turn creates a bigger can of worms. Obviously, if there's a problem in that way the proper way is to ****- can the coach and get someone that's on the same page. I would certainly be all for that.

I don't think that's an issue. It's pretty well known that in MLB a lot of GM's have major input into a teams daily lineup.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Yeah , I don't think this one is on Gorton, I think his hand was forced because AV's usage of ADA is slim to none in games. You might as well give him big minutes in the AHL while the big club shakes things out. I don't think the team we are watching now will be the same a month from now. So if he is just biding his time till that happens fine but if this is permanent then that will suck.

First AV sabotages players who had trouble making several teams, and now he’s sabotaging seasoned General Managers.

This mad man has to be stopped.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
No youre falsely comparing those situations...

The previous guys were traded because they were struggling and needed a change of scenery and bad at hockey...

DeAngelo was traded because he has tons of value and is good at hockey.

Didn’t DeAngelo struggle and need a change of scenery because he wasn’t doing great and his team mates couldn’t stand the sight of him due to his attitude?

Or is AV becoming so insane, he’s funding fake news sites to cover his ass when he sabatoges players not sticking on other rosters?

Who can we trust at this point: Main Stream AV or Alternate AV?

Reactions: mrmovies779

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
DeAngelo is blazing fast and will become a very solid top-4 puck moving defenseman, I think he's ready to make the jump to the NHL but I do see why they'd send him down if AV is gonna play him 5 mins a night. Adding ADA & Shatty to our lineup instantly turned our D-core from one of the slowest to one of the most agile in the league. ADA also has an edge to him that this corpse of a team lacks

Reactions: egelband

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Didn’t DeAngelo struggle and need a change of scenery because he wasn’t doing great and his team mates couldn’t stand the sight of him due to his attitude?

Or is AV becoming so insane, he’s funding fake news sites to cover his ass when he sabatoges players not sticking on other rosters?

He was also a required piece on our end for getting Stepan and Raanta in one deal, was picked in the first round, and looked like a major piece moving forward in Arizona. With all their forwards being teenagers basically, it makes sense to fill out the defense with veterans rather than go through growing pains at every position.

I'm not into AV conspiracies. I think DeAngelo has been good, better than Holden and Skjei at least, and I don't doubt that he'll be back on the team by the end of the season.

Not more than a handful of players on our roster were full-time NHLers before their 22nd birthday, no matter their reputation.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida

DeAngelo never struggled... He was developing and only had a problem with teammates in juniors when he just multiple profanities that offended them. He was a young teenager(under 18) hes older and more mature now..

He is no where in the vain of clendenning or those type of players. He's still a prospect that should be breaking into the league.. He's two years younger than Jimmy Vesey and JT Miller.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
He was also a required piece on our end for getting Stepan and Raanta in one deal, was picked in the first round, and looked like a major piece moving forward in Arizona. With all their forwards being teenagers basically, it makes sense to fill out the defense with veterans rather than go through growing pains at every position.

I'm not into AV conspiracies. I think DeAngelo has been good, better than Holden and Skjei at least, and I don't doubt that he'll be back on the team by the end of the season.

Not more than a handful of players on our roster were full-time NHLers before their 22nd birthday, no matter their reputation.

Oh please...I like Stepan, but the Coyotes did us a huge favor taking his contract.

The Rangers were not in the driver's seat on that move.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'm not worried about ADA's personality.

I'm more focused on the organization getting his defense further along.

Whether or not ADA builds a successful NHL career will have a lot more to do with the latter than the former.

Reactions: Rangers_23

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
DeAngelo never struggled... He was developing and only had a problem with teammates in juniors when he just multiple profanities that offended them. He was a young teenager(under 18) hes older and more mature now..

He is no where in the vain of clendenning or those type of players. He's still a prospect that should be breaking into the league.. He's two years younger than Jimmy Vesey and JT Miller.

Ok then he will break into the league, so AV is not sabotaging him.

The point still stands tha the general consensus is every player who isn't sticking who was either a stretch or had some red flags on their resume weren't bad NHL players, they were being held down by "the man".

Are you going to now tell me "but , but no no AV really is sabotaging this time I'm telling the truth"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad