Tonight's Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
I'll be simming tonights games later on (hopefully around or before 10PM ET). Drew is away from his PC tonight, so I'm filling in. I was supposed to fill in last night, but had some technical issues :) everything looks like it's squared away and ready to go, though.

HFNHL Red Wings

Great job Sean.

FYI for everyone else - Sean's technical difficulties on Wednesday were my fault as I failed to provide him with some important info on the correct Sim version.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
No Problem Drew. I must say all of you are doing a great job. Now only if one of you can figure out for me as I can win a game against Ottawa. :madfire:

HFNHL Red Wings

islanders said:
No Problem Drew. I must say all of you are doing a great job. Now only if one of you can figure out for me as I can win a game against Ottawa. :madfire:

Oh I think there's alot bigger mysteries to solve than that one Hasnain.
(i) How is it that my team, where every line averages a DF of 75+, gets outshot EVERY game yet teams like the Blackhawks who aren't nearly as defensively oriented have one of the lowest shots against and only a 1.53GAA?!
(ii) How is it that the Blue Jackets with all that offence are well below average in goals scored ... and as Douglas likes to point out, most of those goals came against my team (see mystery 1 above).
(iii) How the heck are the Blackhawks leading the Western Conference while the Wild are struggling mightily.

... and those are just the notable Western Conference anomalies :dunno:

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
(iii) How the heck are the Blackhawks leading the Western Conference while the Wild are struggling mightily.

That is easy, look at Wild roster and you will notice that they lack intensity and their defence DF rating is way below the other top teams.

As for Chicogo, they are on a winning streak and every team will have high and low during the season. I had one last season where I was unbeaten in 16 games and ended up being a 500 team for the rest of the season.

As for Columbus, they remind me of Islanders of 3 years where I went into a deep hole at the begining and never recovered. Guess who my goalie was at that time? you got it - Brodeur :D

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
islanders said:
As for Columbus, they remind me of Islanders of 3 years where I went into a deep hole at the begining and never recovered. Guess who my goalie was at that time? you got it - Brodeur :D

We can hope not to encounter the same challenge. *shudder* On the bright side, despite some consistently awful play, I'm still at .500, so when my team decides to gets their heads out of their collective behinds, I should have lots of upside. After all, unlike the Wild, I have no shortage of IT and DF. But I sure hope your rationale about Chicago pans out, because with all due respect for what Dryden has eben able to assemble, it's a winning streak built on air...

Actually, I blame Brodeur's troubles on an incredibly unrealistcally low PA rating (lowest among regular starters) for the best puck-moving goaltender in the game. Damn ratings. :madfire:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad