Value of: Tommy Novak

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Disclaimer- I’ve been a Novak stan since last season and he has become one of my fav Preds all time and I don’t want to see him traded.

Theoretically: If NoNeck and Novak cannot come to an extension by the TDL what would y’all pay for him?

Needs: High End Forward Prospects, Top 6 Fwd

Could Probably add Trenin and Lankinen as secondary pieces for a package

• Wow
Reactions: McJedi

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
You guys have $25 million in cap space, and he's breaking out with a 0.75 points/ game season so far, and you want to trade him? Barrie and Fabbro are off the books and the rest of the forward UFAs are depth... wouldn't you want to keep and add guys with skill (along with bringing the likes of Tomasino and Parssinen back up to join Novak)? Is he secretly terrible? I doubt he'd yield much in trades relative to what he can bring to you guys.

Reactions: 57special

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
You guys have $25 million in cap space, and he's breaking out with a 0.75 points/ game season so far, and you want to trade him? Barrie and Fabbro are off the books and the rest of the forward UFAs are depth... wouldn't you want to keep and add guys with skill (along with bringing the likes of Tomasino and Parssinen back up to join Novak)? Is he secretly terrible? I doubt he'd yield much in trades relative to what he can bring to you guys.

Yeah, I'm sure we'll re-sign him.

Reactions: maplepred

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Because he is a UFA, it lessens his value, but he is a nice late bloomer. Good add for a team needing depth scoring, and is coming from a team that plays a sound two way system.

Late 1st at most...maybe something like an early 2nd, or later 2nd and a 3rd.

Don't see NSH trading him while they are in the playoffs, or right on the cusp, so i think he'll stay put.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I'd hit that offer so fast if I was Nashville.

But Nashville is playing pretty well and in the playoff hunt so they probably aren't sellers. Even if they should be.
Who told you you that you aren’t Nashville? Hit that offer, Jedi

Reactions: 57special

oldwpgjet

Apr 11, 2021
I think he has been ppg the last few weeks. Makes sense to sign him. Is he RFA or UFA?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Disclaimer- I’ve been a Novak stan since last season and he has become one of my fav Preds all time and I don’t want to see him traded.

Theoretically: If NoNeck and Novak cannot come to an extension by the TDL what would y’all pay for him?

Needs: High End Forward Prospects, Top 6 Fwd

Could Probably add Trenin and Lankinen as secondary pieces for a package

To answer your question, instead of debating the premise here:

Probably a 1st round pick. Maybe a 1st + a B prospect.

I’d be floored if Trotz was able to get a high end prospect or a roster player for him. He’s a middle 6 center with very little track record who is a pending UFA. The only reason I even suggested adding the B prospect is because of how cheap the contract is.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
guy is playing well at the right time. 800k centers that can put up points are pretty valuable to contending teams.
curious to see if trotz trades him. i suppose they could always circle back and try to sign him again in july, if so,
even though that usually never works out.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
guy is playing well at the right time. 800k centers that can put up points are pretty valuable to contending teams.
curious to see if trotz trades him. i suppose they could always circle back and try to sign him again in july, if so,
even though that usually never works out.
Agree, it feels like we make the deal now or he's gone and the team trading for him likely knows the ask and is willing to pay it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad