Confirmed with Link: Tommy Mac is coming back.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Darren Dregerâ€ÂÂÂVerified account @DarrenDreger 3m3 minutes ago
More
Tom McCollum traded from Calgary to Detroit for a conditional draft pick.

Former Wings 1st round pick and longtime Griffin goaltending fixture is returning.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=96573

Interesting. So now we have 4 veteran professional goalies.

Just serving as backup in GR or is something potentially up with Mrazek?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Interesting. So now we have 4 veteran professional goalies.

Just serving as backup in GR or is something potentially up with Mrazek?

Holland is a hoarder. Again, he's playing GM for Grand Rapids. McCollum is no more an NHL netminder than Holland is at this point.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
McCollum is a popular player in GR. He is good with the media down there and is well liked by the organization.

We have a big budget in terms of our AHL team. GR AHL only contracts and some of the contracts Ilitch is willing to put down there makes for a very good AHL team.

They want to move Mrazek, I think we know that much. This is a move about Grand Rapids. Good for McCollum, I don't think he is ever going to get regular NHL time, but being the well liked AHL goalie for a while here at 6 figures a year is good for him and I am happy to have him back. He is a tremendous human being from everything I have heard.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
weird. machovsky is perfectly capable of being an AHL starter if needed.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
weird. machovsky is perfectly capable of being an AHL starter if needed.

I completely forgot about him.
Definitely a logjam now.

They want to move Mrazek, I think we know that much. This is a move about Grand Rapids. Good for McCollum, I don't think he is ever going to get regular NHL time, but being the well liked AHL goalie for a while here at 6 figures a year is good for him and I am happy to have him back. He is a tremendous human being from everything I have heard.

Agreed. I don't think they would want the hopes of Grand Rapids to hinge on Machovsky and another unexperienced AHL goaltender.
McCollum brings a little stability for GR in net. I think they are planning on a Mccollum/Machovsky split tandem.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Tommy will see more NHL time than ever with Mrazek gone, Howard to the IR and Coreau ******** the bed in the NHL.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Tommy will see more NHL time than ever with Mrazek gone, Howard to the IR and Coreau ******** the bed in the NHL.

The key to being an odds on favorite for the #1 pick is losing Mrazek, so I absolutely want him to be waived. A tandem of Coreau/McCollum would be absolutely perfect assuming Howie still can't handle a full NHL season.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
If Mrazek is getting traded because of this I'm going to be so mad.

Who would even be in the Market for Mrazek after today?

Canucks and Arizona ?
With each of those seeming like long shots... as they just picked up what they believe as 'upside' guys who haven't been given a chance as full time starters in Raanta and Nilsson.

More like Nobody.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad