Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Datsyuk.
Zetterberg.
Franzen.
Brunner.
Bertuzzi or Abdelkader.
UFA or Flippula.

It shouldn't be about jamming the top two lines with the best 6 players. Spread it out. Let the AHL line rip up lesser competition for a year. The line works. I'd run with it.

RedWingsNow*

I think Tatar will have a few 30 goal seasons to his name when it's all said and done. He has the instinct and incredibly quick hands.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think Tatar will have a few 30 goal seasons to his name when it's all said and done. He has the instinct and incredibly quick hands.

Plus he is one of those guys that when he gets rolling it is a lot of fun to watch. He isn't as bashful like Franzen is when he isn't hot, but when he hits his hot streaks he is a lot of fun to watch. Have to think he puts together a couple 30 goal seasons where he gets hot for a month or two and rolls up big numbers.

He also has willingness to go to the areas you need to go to. He might not be big, but he likes to play on the inside, if he can improve his accuracy a little on his shot, he is a legit 30 guy. It won't be next season though, hope people keep their expectations on him within reason.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
If you do that we wouldn't have many top guns in the top-six.

Buy out Sammy and Tootoo, let Flip walk and replace him with Weiss (or Richards or Briere or Elias), and sign one of the other top FA forwards and our top six becomes Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Brunner, Weiss, UFA. With a third line of Nyquist-Anderson-Tatar and a fourth line of Miller-Helm-Bertuzzi.

This is a pretty interesting offseason, with compliance buyouts and the surprising amount of Wings rookies stepping into good roles.

If Holland seriously enters October, and his only moves are to maintain this roster, Wings fans need to boycott next season. He has a real opportunity to position this team as a contender for the next 4 years with the surprising amount of talent available this year. This is NOT a thin UFA pool. With compliance buyouts you could see Iginla, Briere, Weiss, Roy, Elias floating around. That's 5 60+ point forwards available.

Wayne Crosby

Jan 28, 2013
Datsyuk.
Zetterberg.
Franzen.
Brunner.
Bertuzzi or Abdelkader.
UFA or Flippula.

It shouldn't be about jamming the top two lines with the best 6 players. Spread it out. Let the AHL line rip up lesser competition for a year. The line works. I'd run with it.

so, so wrong. abdelkader is not top 6 material and bert should be bought out. tatar has shown that he is more than ready for the nhl and he already wasn't happy about playing this season in the ahl. he'll be on the roster for sure next season. brunner isn't for sure a red wing come next season anyway, we still have to resign him and we know he wants to test the market. plenty of room for tatar, and he's earned it.

Last edited:

Wingsfan2965*

Dec 30, 2011
so, so wrong. abdelkader is not top 6 material and bert should be bought out. tatar has shown that he is more than ready for the nhl and he already wasn't happy about playing this season in the ahl. he'll be on the roster for sure next season. brunner isn't for sure a red wing come next season anyway, we still have to resign him and we know he wants to test the market. plenty of room for tatar, and he's earned it.

Lol. Bert's miniscule contract is not being bought out.

RedWingsNow*

Plus he is one of those guys that when he gets rolling it is a lot of fun to watch. He isn't as bashful like Franzen is when he isn't hot, but when he hits his hot streaks he is a lot of fun to watch. Have to think he puts together a couple 30 goal seasons where he gets hot for a month or two and rolls up big numbers.

He also has willingness to go to the areas you need to go to. He might not be big, but he likes to play on the inside, if he can improve his accuracy a little on his shot, he is a legit 30 guy. It won't be next season though, hope people keep their expectations on him within reason.

Put him with Pavel next year. 30 goals-- if both are healthy

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I remember watching him, Richard Panik and Jaroslav Janus at the 09 WJC. They were impressive there, and I think Tatar sticks in the NHL next year. Nothing left to prove.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I could see Tatar posting 20-20 in his first year.

I see a Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist line scoring 60 goals between all 3. I think Nyquist scores 25-25 next year. Between Brunner, Dats, Zetts, Franzen, and the kids the Wings could see 7-8 20+ goal guys next year.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
Personally, I expect a 15-15-30 season from him. More is exceeding IMO.

I think he's *capable* of more, but I agree with you. 15 goals and 30 points would be a fine debut season.

Mr "The Zetterberg Era" is correct; as skilled as Tatar is, a lot of ppl seem to be expecting him to be better than Gustav was this year and that seems a bit unfair to me as well.

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
I think Tatar is more than capable of decent NHL career, similar to countryfellow Zednik maybe.
Anyway if he doesnt play NHL full time next year, he will problaby head to Europe.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I think Tatar is more than capable of decent NHL career, similar to countryfellow Zednik maybe.
Anyway if he doesnt play NHL full time next year, he will problaby head to Europe.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread but it's been beaten to death in other threads and on the Wings board, Tomas is out of waiver options for next season,
he'll be in the NHL for sure. Holland has said he'll be with the Wings but I still think there is a possibility of him being traded, but regardless he'll be in the NHL.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Tatar said he wont play in the AHL anymore either, its NHL or KHL for sure next year. He'll be with the wings, who will surprisingly have a lot of youth on the squad.

I think Tatar looks like a feisty 50 point winger. Hes actually pretty gritty especially for his size

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad