Player Discussion Tomas Tatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
What didn't you like?
Hes only good at skating , hes first pass is not that good , hes not good offensively , defensively hes not good at all , hes small , cant do any pressure , often lose 1v1 because hes too small.
He dont bring anything good enough to be on the top 4. He plays alot because we dont have top 4 lhd in the team.

That's my opinion. I don't see whats different between him , Kulak or Reilly

Reactions: PKCowboysOwn

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hes only good at skating , hes first pass is not that good , hes not good offensively , defensively hes not good at all , hes small , cant do any pressure , often lose 1v1 because hes too small.
He dont bring anything good enough to be on the top 4. He plays alot because we dont have top 4 lhd in the team.

That's my opinion. I don't see whats different between him , Kulak or Reilly

The positives I see in Mete are that he rushes the puck up the ice well. This can and was used last night to get the puck out of the zone and even get the puck into the opposition's zone, and sometimes leads to scoring chances.

He's able to get back into position because of his skating and able to get to loose pucks in the dzone and shovel them to the forwards for a breakout, instead of the opposition getting to them first and maintaining pressure in our zone.

He's also more constant with the puck to me than Reilly or even Kulak. But last year I did notice he needs to improve his passing accuracy.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
What a weird season for him. Good for a couple of absolutely dreadful turnovers and minor penalties every game, but I mean, this guy is constantly on the scoreboard. I want to be mad but with the way we're winning and with the way Tuna's scoring, I really can't be.

Needs to tone down the amount of no look passes to the opposition for my blood pressure's sake though.

Reactions: Redux91 and Geecko

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Tuna has picked up his game since being shuffled down in the lineup. Looks like the message was received and that's great news for the team.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I've always stood by Tatar even when many on here were wanting him traded etc. He is a damn good hockey player.and on pace for a career season. I'm standing by Byron as well and I think he'll start to come around soon enough.It was nice to see him get back at Ovechkin last night.He's been a good player since he's been here and is going through a tough stretch but will get through it.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I've always stood by Tatar even when many on here were wanting him traded etc. He is a damn good hockey player.and on pace for a career season. I'm standing by Byron as well and I think he'll start to come around soon enough.It was nice to see him get back at Ovechkin last night.He's been a good player since he's been here and is going through a tough stretch but will get through it.

Would still trade Tatar and cash in instead of giving him the moon for 5-6 years which is what he'll ask for. Maybe i'm wrong we will see in 2-3 years. Two years ago you would have told anyone even the best hockey experts that one of the best offense in the NHL would be lead by Tatar and everyone would have called a doctor to have you locked in and would have thrown the key in the pacific ocean. It remembers me Rucinsky when he came here. He was great for a short while (maybe a year and a half to two years) then the old Nordiques Rucinsky came back to reclaim his due.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Would still trade Tatar and cash in instead of giving him the moon for 5-6 years which is what he'll ask for. Maybe i'm wrong we will see in 2-3 years. Two years ago you would have told anyone even the best hockey experts that one of the best offense in the NHL would be lead by Tatar and everyone would have called a doctor to have you locked in and would have thrown the key in the pacific ocean. It remembers me Rucinsky when he came here. He was great for a short while (maybe a year and a half to two years) then the old Nordiques Rucinsky came back to reclaim his due.
I find that Tatar while not a superstar is a very consistent good player who will get you 20 goals s and 50 points without fail.What's that worth these days?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
What a weird season for him. Good for a couple of absolutely dreadful turnovers and minor penalties every game, but I mean, this guy is constantly on the scoreboard. I want to be mad but with the way we're winning and with the way Tuna's scoring, I really can't be.

Needs to tone down the amount of no look passes to the opposition for my blood pressure's sake though.
He's had 10 penalties in 20 games. That's definitely high... but it's not a couple every game lol

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Just want to come here because I realized it's easy to give crap to players but since Tatar came over I've really liked him! He's probably been my 2nd favorite forward (behing Gallagher) last year and this year.

His no-look passes and bad plays can be frustrating but when it is in the offensive zone I don't mind them, I actually like to see some creativity and some offensive flair once in a while instead of dumping pucks or garbage stuff.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Just want to come here because I realized it's easy to give crap to players but since Tatar came over I've really liked him! He's probably been my 2nd favorite forward (behing Gallagher) last year and this year.

His no-look passes and bad plays can be frustrating but when it is in the offensive zone I don't mind them, I actually like to see some creativity and some offensive flair once in a while instead of dumping pucks or garbage stuff.

Tatar and PD get crapped on,for the sake of crapping. Both have played as well or better than most thought,but a if an error occurs,look out.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Tatar and PD get crapped on,for the sake of crapping. Both have played as well or better than most thought,but a if an error occurs,look out.

I was just looking at the different player's thread and wanted to leash out on some but preferred to go say good things about a player I like.

I did not realized he was getting hate really. I see guys like Danault, Domi, Price, Drouin getting much more negative attention.

I do expect him to get in bad/dangerous situations though because I think he is one of the few naturals when it comes to offense on the team. However that comes with a risk, he's no Malkin or Crosby after all. And his teammates don't always read the play the same way either. But it's a lot of fun to watch!

Reactions: angusyoung

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tatar vs Patch this season.... LW production

Tatar:
- 27 pts (tied 9th)
- 10 goals (tied 24th)
- 6 PP points (tied 20th)
- -3 (tied 88th)
- 32 hits
- 11 blocks
- 12 giveaways
- 15 takeaways

Patch:
- 27 pts (tied 9th)
- 11 goals (tied 15th)
- 10 PP points (tied 9th)
- 0 +/- (tied 61st)
- 45 hits
- 19 blocks
- 26 giveaways
- 13 takeaways

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Tatar vs Patch this season.... LW production

Tatar:
- 27 pts (tied 9th)
- 10 goals (tied 24th)
- 6 PP points (tied 20th)
- -3 (tied 88th)
- 32 hits
- 11 blocks
- 12 giveaways
- 15 takeaways

Patch:
- 27 pts (tied 9th)
- 11 goals (tied 15th)
- 10 PP points (tied 9th)
- 0 +/- (tied 61st)
- 45 hits
- 19 blocks
- 26 giveaways
- 13 takeaways

good for Patches but I was so done with him. I like Tatar's game better. 9th in the league? Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad