Tomas Tatar

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Hey all. My (very deep) keeper league deadline is coming up soon and Tatar is a player I am on the fence about keeping. What will his role be on Detroit next year? Will he see am increase in his very modest 14 minutes of avg ice time? Who is his most likely line mates?

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Hey all. My (very deep) keeper league deadline is coming up soon and Tatar is a player I am on the fence about keeping. What will his role be on Detroit next year? Will he see am increase in his very modest 14 minutes of avg ice time? Who is his most likely line mates?

I expect him to see an increase in ice time. One of the things the organization discussed is providing a more defined roll for Tatar and Nyquist. I'd look for them both to see consistent top 6 opportunities and pp time.

Currently I peg our top 6 to look like:

Z - Neilsen - Nyquist
Tatar - Larkin - Abdelkader

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If he doesn't see an increase in ice time, our coach should have his head examined. Blashill has said he looked at minutes and kind of suggested that he was going to play Nyquist and Tatar more this season. So to answer your question, we are all hoping that is the case. Look at his season 2 years ago, I think those are some numbers you could get from him.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Thanks for the help, but I thought fans of the team he plays for would have much better feedback on the future of Tatar.

We don't really know IN HERE what the situation is. I think they know in Red Wings management.

First of all, we don't have any clue about next season lines, because of the World Cup. Blashill hasn't told anything who plays with whom.

So it's a guessing game.

And, for 99%, I don't think Tatar plays on the TOP PP unit. That's the biggest factor on his (and everybody elses) point-scoring. Still he has scored quite nice points/goals without ever being on that unit.

Also, there's these trade rumors flying around about Fowler/Trouba, and Tatar looks the to be the main bait which could be more valuable for other organizations.

Tatar has scored 0.85 ppg against the Western Conference Teams since we moved to East and only 0.5 ppg against the Eastern Teams, so maybe he would be somehow more fit to Western Conference hockey.

Some smart GM should steal him out from us. I think we don't get his full potential out in here. = so trade bait (for Trouba or Fowler).

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
If he doesn't see an increase in ice time, our coach should have his head examined. Blashill has said he looked at minutes and kind of suggested that he was going to play Nyquist and Tatar more this season. So to answer your question, we are all hoping that is the case. Look at his season 2 years ago, I think those are some numbers you could get from him.

Absolutely crazy and criminal how poorly utilized our best two scoring wingers were last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad