Tomas Tatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Id prefer to trade Mantha to be honest. (Than either these guys)

Way to early to say that. Mantha could explode and become a superstar, with his pedigree it's a possibility.

As for Tatar vs. Nyquist. Used to be solidly in the Nyquist camp because there was a clear separation between the two. But with how Tatar has closed the skill and finesse gap I think his passion pushes him slightly above Nyquist. I don't really care either way, though. I'm glad they're both on the team, they each bring a particular skill set.

Griff21

Mar 26, 2011
I personally take Tatar over Nyquist for sure, that's just me though.

Skating: Tatar
Hands: Tatar
Shot: Tatar
Playmaking: Nyquist
Defence: Tatar
Effort: Tatar

Don't get me wrong, I still like Nyquist a lot, and see him as a very good 2nd line Winger. I just think Tatar brings more to the table on a consistent basis. When Tatar isn't scoring, a still like his game. When Nyquist isn't scoring he looks invisible. Nyquist is also kinda soft in my opinion.

You are dead on! People were so big on Nyquist that they did not really look at Tats very close, his Effort to get better was seen nightly in GR since day 1, this kid has a motor that will not quit and his love for the game is second to none. Gus will be a good player but, he needs line mates that will go get the puck for him and go to the dirty area's so he can sore the "pretty" goals. Tats is a lot more like Dats, he will make the play's himself, go get the puck himself and go to the dirty area's and just score goal after goal no matter if its ugly or pretty.....

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
You seem to underestimate Gus' skill to get and hold on to the puck. May it be to score such GWG like that vs. the Sens earlier this season or that assist for Z vs. the Pens last game. He's not that one-dimensional player that just waits for the puck to score the "pretty goals" - as you call it. At times you see flashes of what he's capable of, setting his mates up for goals. Other than that, I agree that Tats' effort is second to none and allowed him to push his game to another level. He's such type of a player that never gives up and is highly valuable for every team. I love seeing him play.

Griff21

Mar 26, 2011
You seem to underestimate Gus' skill to get and hold on to the puck. May it be to score such GWG like that vs. the Sens earlier this season or that assist for Z vs. the Pens last game. He's not that one-dimensional player that just waits for the puck to score the "pretty goals" - as you call it. At times you see flashes of what he's capable of, setting his mates up for goals. Other than that, I agree that Tats' effort is second to none and allowed him to push his game to another level. He's such type of a player that never gives up and is highly valuable for every team. I love seeing him play.

I don't underestimate him at all! Just like you said At times you see flashes of what he's capable of, setting his mates up for goals" That is what we saw in GR, FLASHES, I am afraid that is all it will ever be, its his style of play. Nothing wrong with that, all teams need players like him.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
In all fairness it must be said that - more often than not - he seems pretty invisible whereas he actually isn't. He's still 4th in assists (next to Z, Dats and Kronwall) and three goals behind Tats (22 to 25). Not to mention that I recall many great passes throughout the season that led to scoring chances, which just weren't converted. If it isn't for your steady attention that makes you notice it, you tend to blind stuff like that out. Apart from that, he rarely gets nights without any shots. Last game he had one, just to set Z up for a beautiful goal instead. Right now, I don't wanna miss both Tats and Gus. These are the guys that I associate the Wings' future with.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Right here: :naughty: Already ordered one. Great shirt, but mine was too big. Had to help making a smaller size happen. :laugh: Always a risk to order in the same size as you do around here.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
tatar and Helm are my 2 favorite wings. Both of these guys have such a high compete level, it's a pleasure to watch them every night.

Tats is a young guy living his dream and enjoying every moment of it. Every goal he scores he reacts like it's a cup winner. That kind of stuff is so fun to watch

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
30G, 60P watch for Tatar is officially on. Needs 2G and 6 points in the last 7 games to hit it.

Either milestone would be huge. He's already a massive steal at $2.75M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->