Tomas Tatar 7 points in 5 games

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
To be fair. Tatar is playing top minutes with the habs
15,17,17,19,21 minutes

With LVK, he played once 18 minutes (12-18 min). It was tougher for him to adapt.

I'm really happy with the acquisition of Tatar
Give up 1st,2nd,3rd round picks for player

Don't play that player

Retain salary to get rid of that player 20 games later

GM GM, GM of the year

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Sure, but I imagine a lot of things that will never happen in real life. Unless Pacioretty develops a physical problem he'll almost certainly get back to his usual 30+ goal pace.
Whats more valuable, a 25 goal scorer @ 4.8 per year or a 35 goal scorer (who doesn't show up in the playoffs) at 7.0 per year?

Reactions: third man in

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I thought he was a weakling with a shot, he's actually a very competitive complete player. Leaves everything on the ice.

Reactions: Seb

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Does he hit 70 points? 40 goals? He's on pace for a lot more but I think it's possible he slows down a bit.

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
You know it's October when Leafs are planning the parade route and Hab fans are sure they've got a cup contender.

What a gigantic sample size!

Not a single person is hopeful for a cup run in habs land, i can assure you that.
We're just surprised how good this team turned out to be.
6 months ago, you would have said to me that this bottom 5 team will lose Galchenyuk and Pacioretty (2 x 30 goals scorer) this summer and play a guy named Mike Reilly as their # 2 Dman to start the season
I would have laugh at you .. or cry
Now this team is playing like i havent seen a Habs team play in years, they are winning and the new guys are better than the ones we lost.
Let us enjoy this sample size while it last. Then feel free to mock us the rest of the season.

Reactions: Seb

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Does he hit 70 points? 40 goals? He's on pace for a lot more but I think it's possible he slows down a bit.

since 09-10 only 1 habs players reached 70+ pts (plekanec)
and last habs player with 40+ goals is Damphousse in 93-94 (pacioretty got 39 in 13-14)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
From what I have seen in Pacioretty in recent years, if he was still in Montreal the team probably would have had a slow start, lost most of it's games, with Patch having 1 or 2 points. He's awful.

Instead, the team has a ton of energy, everyone is playing well, we're winning games, and Tatar is contributing.

To think, Tatar has a cheaper contract than Patch and is younger.

AND we got Suzuki and a 2nd.

What a joke of a trade!

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Tatar has been terrific, but I think most of us are expecting him to level off. The irony is that he was seen as a bonus in a trade whose key piece was prospect Nick Suzuki.

Let us enjoy before reality catches back.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
At least people are realizing McPhee is a shit GM and last year's run was about outcasts rallying and destroying their career norms no matter who they were.

Forsberg for Erat
Veleno for Tatar
Tatar and Suzuki for Pacioretty

Also let half your team go and sign guys that absolutely don't fit like Stastny and Holden, why not

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Loved Tatar with the Wings. A lot of wholes in his game, but a very likable and fun player to watch. Think he gets back to 25-30 goal form.

Forsberg for Erat
Veleno, a Second most likely in the top 45, and a third for Tatar

I still smile at this robbery. It looked bad even how you wrote it, the rest is just beautiful, beautiful gravy on top.

Savage.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheAngryHank

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Happy to see him get a chance to play and show what he can do! He was held back in this dumpster fire in favor of the likes of Helm, Abby, Nilsen.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
At least people are realizing McPhee is a **** GM and last year's run was about outcasts rallying and destroying their career norms no matter who they were.

Forsberg for Erat
Veleno for Tatar

Also let half your team go and sign guys that absolutely don't fit like Stastny and Holden, why not

Yeah McPhee isnt good. Tatar is a legit top 6 winger on any team in the NHL. Hes streaky so right now he hot, he'll go cold eventually but hes still scored 20 goals 4 seasons in a row and 19 his first full season when he didnt play ten games. Hes essentially been a 25 goal scorer on average every season since hes entered the league. It shouldnt be surprising hes doing well when given a chance and it was stupid of McPhee to trade him so quick.

He gave up Veleno, whats looking like a 35-40th overall pick this year and a third for Tatar and got rid of him without even giving him a shot despite being on a reasonable contract and always scoring goals. Doesnt make sense

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Sure, but I imagine a lot of things that will never happen in real life. Unless Pacioretty develops a physical problem he'll almost certainly get back to his usual 30+ goal pace.
I don't know man I think he might officially get diagnosed with Casperitis, no Darius.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Surprised to see I’m one of the few who sees Tatar as a Ponikarovsky type. Excellent on a bad team, passenger on a good one. He also is dependent on the PP for production.

5 0f his 7 pts are at even-strength.
The habs pp has struggled so far

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad