Tomas Plekanec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Plekanec looked pretty good out there. He showed creativity and grit, I though he was smaller than that. Plekanec needs to mature and had some problems in his own zone, that was clear. Plekanec is a great prospect and I think he will stay in the line up after we trade Perreault - Juneau and co. When Koivu will return he'll get bench, IMO.
(I saw him play 2 times in the AHL this season and was dominant.)

Munchausen

Hokay said:
1- How did you found Plekanec's play during the game against Dallas?(even if he played 10:40)

2- Do you think he has chances to stay in the team when Koivu will return?

3- Did you see him play in the AHL?

1- Excellent, considering this was his 1st NHL game and he was playing on the 4th line with Langdon and Ward. He had a couple of shifts on the 3rd line and played in all periods including OT so this shows the coach liked what he saw. I like his feistiness and quickness. I've said and hoped for a while now that this little Kladno tank could become the future 2nd line center in Montreal in a not so distant future and I stand by that more than ever. Great creativity and playmaking skills just like the actual 2nd line C in Montreal (Ribeiro) with the difference that he's actually really fast, plays a dirty/chippy/gritty game and is really strong (he leveled Matvichuk at some point in the game).

2- No, but I pray I'm wrong, as IMO this guy's ready for the big show. He has been since the begining of the year except now, you can see he oozes with confidence from his good play in Hamilton. But there's so much veterans that seem to have diplomatic imunity in Montreal that I'm sure when Koivu comes back, Plekanec will go down. I'd rather have this guy play on the 4th line instead of Kilger or Gratton and even on the 3rd line instead of Juneau but I remain realistic, I know chances are slim this will happen. I would be shocked if he doesn't make the team next year though. He would have to regress badly and seeing how he has been progressing steadily since being drafted, I don't see that happening.

3- Yes. Is there an other question attached to this one? ;) He looked really good there too (obviously if he's been called up), and could at times show flashes of dominance in all 3 zones, creating scoring chances for his linemates or himself and getting very proactive when he doesn't have the puck. He seems to have good chemistry with Josef Balej, an other youngster that should get his 1st call up between now and the end of the year. Future looks brighter and brighter for Montreal's future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad