Player Discussion Tomas Plekanec - Plekasex Edition

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If Davidson gets a 3rd Plekanec gets you a 2nd for sure. Just have to wait what else is added on top of the pick.

Wait what Davidson was traded for a 3rd round pick rofl. So we waive him and he fetch a better return than Jerabek lol all this so Benn and Schlemko could play ...

This GM ... he's on his way to deserve the worst than Houle title and i never thought this accomplishment would be possible.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I’m so happy we’re actually moving him and he’ll get a chance to win.

I don’t think it’s unrealistic to expect a late 1st either.

That would be robbery, but I've heard it enough around here that I'm starting to believe it.

Reactions: habergeon

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
That would be robbery, but I've heard it enough around here that I'm starting to believe it.

You just need two team to like him to bring the price up....Other than his salary, there is a lot to like about him, and he's better and more proven than a lot of centers out there now that brassard has been moved.

should be interesting

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Let’s see if our GM can strike a good deal. I expect at least a high 2nd +. I’d even take a very good prospect who is a year away

If Brassard and Davidson got what they got, Plecks should be leaning more towards Brassard. The fact that he isn’t signed past this year should actually increase his value. It won’t mess with a team’s pay roll structure.

Ideally we’d get a very good center prospect that we could send to Laval now, and could try to make the Habs next season.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I'm very sad to say goodbye to Turtleneck Plek. He has been such a great and underrated player for us and has lasted through all kinds of coaches and GM's. Trading him is the right thing to do, but I'm still sad.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Trivia: Plekanec is the 2nd player from his draft year that played in the most NHL games, behind Dan Hamhuis.

2001 NHL Entry Draft | Hockey-Reference.com

He was a great 3rd round pick, and a great development story.Did his time in the minors (3 years in the AHL), slowly made the NHL and climbed line by line until he was on the Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev top line in 07-08.Then he stayed a serviceable two-way (and then defensive) center.A coaches' player.

Amazing how there was no scandal at all involving Plekanec playing so long in this city.Only bad thing that stuck was the "I played like a little girl" comment.

Wish him well.

Last edited:

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
I liked Pleks but his time has come and gone. Get what we can..see if he will sign for bargain in the off season. Wouldnt mind bringing him back as 3c or 4c if the price was right.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I’m a Plekanec fan and even if the last 2 years were tough to watch, I still wish him all the best and hope he can find a bit of his game back with a new team and maybe even win the Cup.

Crazy to think of all the coaches he had during his 13 years in MTL, Julien, Gainey, Carbonneau, Gainey, Martin, Cunneyworth, Therrien, Julien.

It says a lot about a player when all his coaches gave him key roles in this team and have nothing but great words to say about him.

Good luck Plekanec and thank you for all those years.

Last edited:

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
It’s time for you to go but I will always love you Pleky.

Can’t wait to see what the return will be.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Honestly with the lack of good rental centers avaliable and the fact we can retain max salary I'm going to be dissapointed if Bergevin doesn't get at least a late 1st or 2nd+prospect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad