Player Discussion Tomas Plekanec - Plekasex Edition

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dahlin is a healthy scratch in tonight's game against Norway.

Interesting. If Zadina and the Mooseheads win the Q and head to the Memorial Cup and he continues to put up points, I think there is an outside chance a team takes him 1st. Especially if the team that wins the draft lottery has solid depth on D and needs scoring.

Not probable but possible. Still lots of hockey left.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Danault is ready to assume Plek’s minutes.

I have appreciated watching him for over a decade.
Yes, just as Eller was a few years ago...but the Habs preferred going with the older, more expensive and declining player.

Reactions: Habs13

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Dump a franchise guy for a lousy 3rd? Come on. Let him finish his career in Montreal. We are short at center and it is only 2 or 3 more months

A 3rd isn't a great return but IF that is the best MB is offered, he'd better take it. Expiring contract, so it makes ZERO sense to keep him given the season is lost.

I get the whole sentiment aspect but nothing says we can't resign him in the summer. Getting something for a pending-UFA is actually smart asset management.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
im about 25% left with this team (well, bergevin), but if by some amazing miracle plekanec isnt traded for at WORST a 2nd round draft pick, i will be done, i mean im still watching some games because i love to watch hockey period, but my love for the team will die out for good if plekanec is not gone at this deadline.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
im about 25% left with this team (well, bergevin), but if by some amazing miracle plekanec isnt traded for at WORST a 2nd round draft pick, i will be done, i mean im still watching some games because i love to watch hockey period, but my love for the team will die out for good if plekanec is not gone at this deadline.
I'll be with you. This is the most boring, uninspired, going through the motions, overpaid buch of turds I have witnessed since the 90's. Disgusting management, ownership and players that just don't care, apparently nobody cares but the fans.

f*** them if they don't clear house, seriously, f*** them.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Interesting. If Zadina and the Mooseheads win the Q and head to the Memorial Cup and he continues to put up points, I think there is an outside chance a team takes him 1st. Especially if the team that wins the draft lottery has solid depth on D and needs scoring.

Not probable but possible. Still lots of hockey left.

0 and absolutely 0 sense.

even if you're stacked at D, first overall you always pick the best player available and its dahlin by a large margin... Zadina... i don't know im realy not high from what i've seen... i could be wrong, from of mine who works for the LHJMQ realy realy likes him.

Reactions: schnapshot

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

I doubt any team gives us a 2nd for a player we all want gone and we're desperate for centers.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I doubt any team gives us a 2nd for a player we all want gone and we're desperate for centers.
Exactly. The habs need centers more than any NHL ever has. And they want to trade Plekanec. What does that tell ya.

The only sucker that would fall for that is the one now trying to trade him. lol

again.....you cant write this stuff.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
and took/threw the fewest hits per game of any player in history.
giphy.gif

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I'll be with you. This is the most boring, uninspired, going through the motions, overpaid buch of turds I have witnessed since the 90's. Disgusting management, ownership and players that just don't care, apparently nobody cares but the fans.

**** them if they don't clear house, seriously, **** them.
lol. I think some of the players care.........but that does not mean they can change results. Even if Petry or Gallgher care....they are not and never will be "game changers"

Price has been a "game changer" but we are either seeing his shelf life as one, or his is in a down slide and will bounce back.

Bottom line is their line up is weak, weak, weak. The competition (most of the league) is better than they are. By a lot.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I haven't seen a player be such a non factor with his minutes since Andreas Dackell.

Reactions: LaP

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
After 981 regular season and 87 playoff games as a Hab looks like Plek will be no more. Can 100% of his remaining salary be retained to sweeten a deal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad