Confirmed with Link: Tomas Plekanec Back with Habs (1-Year @ $2.25M + Bonuses - Could Go to $3.5M)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Man he seems to have gained a lot of confidence and swagger from his time in Toronto. Listening to him talk about the team making the playoffs it's almost like you believe him. Dude used to be so shy lol.

His attitude's changed. ;)

Although I liked his comment about the team needing to go into camp and pre-season with the mindset that they're starting the regular season. I agree with him on that.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Im not, Pleks should in no way be mentioned in league with Saku. We got rid of the wrong guy that off season. That is the off season that ruined Gainey in most peoples eyes. Guy has missed almost no games to get those points because he floats better than this

I didn't know people were still in denial that plekanec was much better than koivu at that point. its so scary.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I didn't know people were still in denial that plekanec was much better than koivu at that point. its so scary.

Who said plekanec was better than koivu? I haven't heard it.

Pleks was a solid player for a long time, but koivu was the best center this organization has had in the last 20 years.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Like patches, pleks in the playoffs is alergic to contact and deflates his game. Saku was one of the only guys that picked his game up. Steve Begin was good but you won't get good production from a 4th liner like him Moore or Tommy K

Reactions: Forum93 and PaulD

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I really always liked Pleks and I argued that bringing him back doesn't really bother me at all as it doesn't prevent a young up and coming center from developing or whatever, but Pleks wanting to return to us really kind of turns me off of him tbh. This shows this guy has no motivation/desire to win and if we do somehow sneak into the playoffs we will get the same uninspired hockey we have always gotten from him.

I can't help but question a guys motives if he's actually looking forward to returning to this mess. I can see a guy like Domi being excited because he's coming from one of the few places in the league where the situation is equally bad or worse, but by all accounts, Plek didn't even attempt to garner interest from a contender. I really don't like this type of mindset. Coming to the end of your career and being content with just going through the motions. The more I think about it the more I am starting to agree with those who say we should have moved on.
Sadly it mirrors his post season efforts in most years. "Oh hum, just another game" He is the original patio ready. Just like his "I am playing like a little girl" from pre bergevin. He said it but never changed his play.

This articles is the habs in a nutshell Plekanec: 'I've played like a little girl' - Sportsnet.ca

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/i-played-like-a-little-girl-plekanec-says/article670962/

Last edited:
Reactions: Forum93 and PaulD

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Like patches, pleks in the playoffs is alergic to contact and deflates his game. Saku was one of the only guys that picked his game up. Steve Begin was good but you won't get good production from a 4th liner like him Moore or Tommy K
We love the playoff beta males. That is why we fail. Pac, Weber, Pleks, Byron, Danault, Benn, Schlemko, etc. The Canadiens are the scavengers of the NHL, coveting the has-beens and never-were and discarding the fresh meat.

Meanwhile, Eller has obtained a championship, and contributed significantly. Subban elevated Nashville from being a guaranteed exit in 2 rounds to a threat for a deep push.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Man, ever stop to think that part of what's so wrong with this franchise is us? This Plekanec guy has been with this organization for 20 years and played in 13 NHL campaigns for us, rarely missing a game. 998 games played, 981 of them with Montreal, over .50 points per game in that span - And all of us turn and spit on his face now. I'm not calling for us to be happy about this and throw roses but jesus why not a little respect? Play your 19 games, make it to a 1000 in a nothing season coming up for us, thank you for dedicating a massive portion of your life to this franchise, good bye good luck Plekanecs.

Reactions: Sorinth and Harpo

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Guy never took a shift off. It's not his fault he was asked to carry the team.

Man, ever stop to think that part of what's so wrong with this franchise is us? This Plekanec guy has been with this organization for 20 years and played in 13 NHL campaigns for us, rarely missing a game. 998 games played, 981 of them with Montreal, over .50 points per game in that span - And all of us turn and spit on his face now. I'm not calling for us to be happy about this and throw roses but jesus why not a little respect? Play your 19 games, make it to a 1000 in a nothing season coming up for us, thank you for dedicating a massive portion of your life to this franchise, good bye good luck Plekanecs.

It felt good to read this I won't lie. You know the negativity is at toxic levels when you can't pause a minute and honor - or simply respect- a guy that wore the jersey with pride for 13 nhl seasons with us. Did the un-flashy work night in night out ... played with all those spare parts for the last decade giving us a 2nd line that wouldn't make our eyes bleed... underrated player in his prime.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Guy never took a shift off. It's not his fault he was asked to carry the team.
It felt good to read this I won't lie. You know the negativity is at toxic levels when you can't pause a minute and honor - or simply respect- a guy that wore the jersey with pride for 13 nhl seasons with us. Did the un-flashy work night in night out ... played with all those spare parts for the last decade giving us a 2nd line that wouldn't make our eyes bleed... underrated player in his prime.
I wanted him gone many years ago, why would I cheer him returning. Esp when he should absolutely been let go 3 years ago. The guy didn't play with scrubs. He had patches, chuck as his winger Kovy, Akost. Its not like when Koivu had Petrov as his winger, or Higgins. Of all our centers I think Pleks has actually had more time with our best wingers than anyone in 2 decades. No reason to get sentimental for him. His only real value is his puck hoggingness will be a boon for the tank. Guy actually has terrible tunnel vision and his wingers are after thoughts. Oh wait we can put Pleks, Domi and Patches on one line and call it the Empty Net line.

Sorry never been a fan because he disappears in the playoffs and played a soft perimeter game his entire career.

Reactions: Forum93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad