Confirmed with Link: Tomas Plekanec Back with Habs (1-Year @ $2.25M + Bonuses - Could Go to $3.5M)

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Would you have prefered Filppula?

Just asking.

2.75M with NYI

I think we traded for him but Filppula used in NTC couple years ago.

Habby08

Jul 2, 2018
Happy that he could return. He'll get his 1000th game and provide that leadership to the younger kids. Anyone expecting another 2nd rounder for him next year at the TDL are dreaming unless he truly improves from last year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Happy that he could return. He'll get his 1000th game and provide that leadership to the younger kids. Anyone expecting another 2nd rounder for him next year at the TDL are dreaming unless he truly improves from last year.

Why do you think he is not worth a 2nd rounder again? He actually was very good in the playoffs for the Leafs

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I care less about the money...I care more about the minutes he'll be eating that could be better used.
Not to mention watching him play in the the two or three games I planned on watching.

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

He killed it in the playoffs last year. He can fetch another 2nd

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The Blackhawks were apparently offering him more money than Habs, but he really wanted to come here. Hawks are probably going to be bad again this year as their division has powerhouses Jets and Preds, as well as the much improved Blues. But just in case Hawks find themselves in the playoff picture, I can bet they'd be willing to give up a 2nd for Plekanec at the TDL.

But as it stands right now, although in the overall scheme of things, Leafs are in a much better situation with Tavares. But if you look at the Plekanec deal specifically, Habs start the year with Plekanec, but also have Valiev, Rychel, and Olofsson from that deal. Pretty damn good.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Pleks only needs 36 pts this year then he ties Saku Koivu for TOP 10 all time HABS POINTS LEADER.....

37 POINTS puts Plek all alone in 10th all time.Habs point leader.

Let that sink in ...Only 9 other Habs in the teams history will have scored more career points than Plekanec

I'm cheering for ya Plek .....
Im not, Pleks should in no way be mentioned in league with Saku. We got rid of the wrong guy that off season. That is the off season that ruined Gainey in most peoples eyes. Guy has missed almost no games to get those points because he floats better than this
1271444396vo19wm1.jpg

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I really always liked Pleks and I argued that bringing him back doesn't really bother me at all as it doesn't prevent a young up and coming center from developing or whatever, but Pleks wanting to return to us really kind of turns me off of him tbh. This shows this guy has no motivation/desire to win and if we do somehow sneak into the playoffs we will get the same uninspired hockey we have always gotten from him.

I can't help but question a guys motives if he's actually looking forward to returning to this mess. I can see a guy like Domi being excited because he's coming from one of the few places in the league where the situation is equally bad or worse, but by all accounts, Plek didn't even attempt to garner interest from a contender. I really don't like this type of mindset. Coming to the end of your career and being content with just going through the motions. The more I think about it the more I am starting to agree with those who say we should have moved on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->