Tomas Kubalik or Aaron Palushaj

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Tyler Durden, Sep 1, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Registered User

Which one of these guys is most likely going to be on the starting lineup for their respectice teams opening night?

2. Kubalik. Montreal has no desire to rush Palushaj, while Columbus has ruined a good percentage of their prospects by rushing them to the NHL.

3. francklem

francklem Registered User

Kubalik ! I don t even think Palushaj is close

4. GoJackets1

GoJackets1 Someday.

Kubalik actually is pretty close...

5. GAGLine

GAGLine Registered User Sponsor

How is Palushaj not close? He had a great career at Michigan and put up 57 points in 68 games last year in the AHL. 2nd on the team in scoring and tied for 1st in plus/minus. I'm not saying he's a lock to make the team, but he definitely has a chance.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/08/31/palushaj-hopes-to-stick-with-canadiens/

If only one of them will make it, I'd probably go with Palushaj, but I'd have to look at both teams and see what spots are available.

6. Wats

Wats Error 520

As a Habs fan I rather have Kubalik and I think he has a better chance at making his team.

7. Blind Gardien

Blind Gardien nexus of the crisis

Space Goat
    Palushaj would be a bit of a longshot candidate for the Habs. While the team does seem to be conserving a roster spot for a youngster to snag during training camp, it projects as a role that is more suited to a lower line player, so that Engqvist as a checking center or perhaps even Blunden as a checking winger might have better chances of being that extra player than Palushaj would.

If a scoring line player for the Habs got hurt in camp, then that would help Palushaj's chances.

He'll probably get some callups during the season, but it would be a big surprise if he was on the opening night roster.

8. TheBakester66

TheBakester66 Registered User

Software Developer
    I heard that Palushaj has added about 8 pounds of muscle in the off-season. He's been a favorite of mine for years. He has a particularly thin frame, so those off-season workouts are going to go a long way. If it weren't for the skate that cut through his skate and the slash through his foot, he might have already been in the NHL. Unfortunately, many "ready" top 6 players still have trouble finding NHL jobs. Sometimes due to lesser veterans making too much money, or simply one-way contracts getting in the way of getting the best possible team on the ice. Still, outside of refining his two-way game, Palushaj does not have a whole lot to prove at the AHL level. Doesn't mean he won't end up their though. I like Palushaj's chances, but i do agree that the odds seem fairly stacked against him at this point.

9. kshymkiw

kshymkiw Registered User

Engineer
    From the CBJ perspective, there is no need to rush Kubalik. The kid has shown great skill, but will likely spend most of his time in the AHL this year.

10. Sore Loser

Sore Loser Sorest of them all

Job?
    Kubalik had an excellent first pro season, and is primed to become a power forward in the NHL of the Tomas Holmstrom mold.

That being said, he has to surpass some pretty established NHL players to earn an opening night roster spot - and for the Scott Howson and co. to keep him in the NHL, he will have to be playing PP minutes ... something he won't likely get this year with the additions the team has made.

The Jackets are in a position they have never been in; they have the luxury of being a competitive team without bringing in guys like Kubalik. Your quote might be somewhat true, however offensive it may be - but the majority of the players you're mentioning were done under the prior management's reign. This is a franchise on the cusp of some very good seasons, with some very good prospects coming along nicely.

11. LeMAD

LeMAD Registered User

Home Page:
    Palushaj is a long shot to become anything more than a marginal player in the NHL.