Tomas Hertl vs Anthony Mantha

Whos the Better Player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Is this a joke? I know there are certain Wings fans that love to lord their Cup wins over the Sharks 0 Cups but are there really Wings fans that think Mantha is better than Hertl?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
There has some some debate over who’s the better player so let’s poll it and see what HF thinks

tenor.gif

Reactions: singlesliceofcheese

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
“There’s been debate”

As a Wings fan, has there actually? Hertl is currently an objectively better player. I still think Mantha has another level he can improve to (35 goals), and his d +5 season was better than Hertl’s at the same age, but we have to deal with real life accomplishments opposed to potential. Additionally, Hertl could still improve too

Honestly seems like a troll thread to make Wings fans look stupid.

Last edited:

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Pretty close tbh. Went with Mantha since he is much better defensively and I don't think the offensive gap is quite as big. Could go either way though.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Pretty close tbh. Went with Mantha since he is much better defensively and I don't think the offensive gap is quite as big. Could go either way though.

When was the last time you watched Hertl? I think there a sizable gap between the two right now.

That is not to knock Mantha as I would take him on the Sharks any day of the week. He is a fantastic but inconsistent player so he'd fit well here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryan Patsky

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I think this poll was pointless as its pretty clear who's better. But Hertl is a very good defensive centre-man so I don't know how Mantha is "much better defensively". I don't watch alot of Mantha but I know how well of a two-way game Hertl plays, so unless Mantha is a selke-level winger I don't think your statement is correct. Also the offensive gap was nearly 30 points this year, except Hertl played 10 more games.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Their 17-18 seasons were similar, points wise, but Hertl took that next step we Wings fans still hope Mantha can reach. Also Mantha is not that good on defense.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
“There’s been debate”

As a Wings fan, has there actually? Hertl is currently an objectively better player. I still think Mantha has another level he can improve to (35 goals), and his d +5 season was better than Hertl’s at the same age, but we have to deal with real life accomplishments opposed to potential. Additionally, Hertl could still improve too

Honestly seems like a troll thread to make Wings fans look stupid.

There hasn’t been any debate about this since 2017, where the debates were valid. This poll is totally pointless.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
There hasn’t been any debate about this since 2017, where the debates were valid. This poll is totally pointless.

Mantha had a better season last year than Hertl did at the same age. Again, I’d take Hertl, but it’s not impossible Mantha has a similar jump in production next year ad Hertl did this past one. Would I bet on it? No. But it wouldn’t be shocking

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Mantha had a better season last year than Hertl did at the same age. Again, I’d take Hertl, but it’s not impossible Mantha has a similar jump in production next year ad Hertl did this past one. Would I bet on it? No. But it wouldn’t be shocking

It wouldn't be shocking at all. I would still prefer Hertl over him based on their games though. Hertl has shown to be a dominant possession center now capable of putting up big points without letting his defensive acumen suffer. Add to it his infectious personality that can rally a team behind him, he is a special talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad