Confirmed with Link: Tomas Hertl 17% retained, 2025 3rd, 2027 3rd to Vegas for C David Edstrom, 2025 1st

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
I don't believe anything close to those words ever came out of my mouth and, unsurprisingly, you completely missed the point of my issue with the trade.

Also, hating on Hertl like this is just petty and lame. Not impressed, bro.
I mean Hertl was grossly out of shape before the ink was even dry on his 8x8. I think you can appreciate what he has done for the Sharks while not wanting the current Hertl anywhere near this team.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I mean Hertl was grossly out of shape before the ink was even dry on his 8x8. I think you can appreciate what he has done for the Sharks while not wanting the current Hertl anywhere near this team.
Doing any sort of victory lap after watching our team be one of the worst teams in the history of hockey is certainly one way to cope.

Reactions: Red Light Lover

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Hertl has been good for VGK. Takes most of the important face offs. He is getting plenty of praise in the media. I get why they traded for him. Hertl is worth the contract at the reduce price. It'll obvious not age well but they clearly don't care.

On the other side, Dallas finally got their shit together. Almost each game has been razor thin close from my POV. If Stephenson scores on the breakaway last night, it is different story.

Reactions: karltonian

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Hertl has been good for VGK. Takes most of the important face offs. He is getting plenty of praise in the media. I get why they traded for him. Hertl is worth the contract at the reduce price. It'll obvious not age well but they clearly don't care.

On the other side, Dallas finally got their shit together. Almost each game has been razor thin close from my POV. If Stephenson scores on the breakaway last night, it is different story.
If anything, Marchessault, Petro and Theodore are the biggest disappointments on that team.

Reactions: karltonian

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
You gotta be stupid to think that Hertl is completely healthy right now. That’s all I have to say about this.
It was an extremely minor surgery to remove loose cartilage in his knee. Sure he isn't in game shape, but he hasn't been in game shape for years now at this point. This is just the player Hertl is now.

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
1 point and -5 in 5 games so far, oof. @TheBeard wasn't this trade supposed to be Grier handing a second Stanley Cup to the Golden Knights.

Turns out Hertl on Vegas is the same slow and lazy player that he has been for the last couple years. At least the contract is only 6 more years now.
havent watched all the games but it seems like he's playing on a lower line with mark stone who actually does look like shit right now.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

Skating half speed on the backcheck in a tie playoff series. Definitely looks familiar with Hertl these last couple years.

I wouldnt necessarily call it laziness, especially not knowing how long into the shift he was but he definitely has looked slow in the Vegas games I've watched. He did talk about having conditioning issues last year though.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Skating half speed on the backcheck in a tie playoff series. Definitely looks familiar with Hertl these last couple years.

That's not half speed for Hertl. That's pretty much full speed for him these days but he's not going to be blamed for that goal no matter how hard you try.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
at the time of the trade, I honestly thought i would be okay seeing Hertl raise the cup cuz he was my favorite Shark for a good bit

but then i watched some of the VGK-Dallas series and my h8tred for that team came back to me like a rush of blood to the head

DEFINITELY all in on wanting to see Pavs raise the cup

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
at the time of the trade, I honestly thought i would be okay seeing Hertl raise the cup cuz he was my favorite Shark for a good bit

but then i watched some of the VGK-Dallas series and my h8tred for that team came back to me like a rush of blood to the head

DEFINITELY all in on wanting to see Pavs raise the cup
I've disconnected from that particular series for the most part because I hate both teams. I still hold a lot of hate for Dallas even though it's been 16 years since they last played a playoff series. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad