Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Tom Wolfe, author of ‘Bonfire of the Vanities’ dead at 88

Bibliography[edit]

Non-fiction[edit]

Novels[edit]

While his epitaph reads for Bonfires(due to the bad movie) he actually had a respected career writing

He was a founding member of "new journalism" but did not get the same press that Hunter S Thompson did--both are considered the founders of New Journalism in the 60's when reporting on the modern times

while his 60's stuff was great he went on to write "the right stuff" about the early days of NASA

while he later became a character himself, his non fiction book The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test was a must read for nearly 30 years

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
His first several non-fiction works were revolutionary. I get the sense he lost the thread after that (I never liked his fiction much which, I thought, too often strained to be trendy), but he was a game changer in his youth.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
His first several non-fiction works were revolutionary. I get the sense he lost the thread after that (I never liked his fiction much which, I thought, too often strained to be trendy), but he was a game changer in his youth.

Considered the Godfather of new journalism --because he was not as crazy as Hunter S Thompson some do not realize how influential he was

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad