Player Discussion Tom Wilson, NHL All-Star (Part 3)

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Nah...Fighting Cole after he got cheap with Kuzy was a strong message.

And nailing Coburn after he tore Kuzy's jersey off. And smoking Oleksiak after JR called him out. Wilson is way more methodical and calculated with who he drops them with now. I'd prefer he be even more selective because I'd rather him be on the ice than in the box but I have no issues with some of the bouts he's gotten himself into.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I just don’t like seeing someone get there face pounded in like that. Old age I suppose. 2 wrongs don’t make a right. That was way lobsided. Terrible hit by Cole tho
I guess you dont like boxing or UFC. There is always figure skating.

Reactions: 32hunter

OVITOMMY

Mar 19, 2019
D4I-IzMX4AEY8m5.png

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
How dare you forget Ian Cole? His face is still broken. :cry:

Added. Who else couldn't make it to the penalty box after a scrap, or was subject to the wrath of Tom Wilson, and was unable to continue?

Was Anderson this season, or last? I was just trying to do this season.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Capitals enforcer Tom Wilson is really a softy

Many know Tom Wilson as a physical player during Capitals games.

But the team and a many of his fans know he's more than just the enforcer.

The Capitals nominated him for the King Clancy Memorial Trophy, given to a player who best exemplifies leadership qualities on and off the ice, and has made a noteworthy humanitarian contribution.

9e113889-23db-48c3-87a7-db9214a6bb93_750x422.jpg

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Solid A on another team. Wont be getting A in Caps for 5 more years at least, it seems.

C = Legendary Alien
A = HHoF center (backbone of the team, one of the best Swedish players this century at least)
A = soon to be Norris winner and many points in cup winning playoffs scorer iron man drafted and retired as Cap

Happy to have Wilson, but get real. Guys in front of him worth more to the team.

There just isnt a need to shift A from 19 and 74 until they retire.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I really hope Wilson is a Capital for life. I straight up love the dude, don’t tell my wife.

I’m worried that teams will be soooo desperate for a Wilson type player that he’ll get a ridiculous deal. Think Lucic but without the obvious decline.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I’m worried that teams will be soooo desperate for a Wilson type player that he’ll get a ridiculous deal. Think Lucic but without the obvious decline.

He just signed a 5 year deal, no? He's already got a ridiculous contract for his point production, but he's underpaid for his total contribution :)

When he's a UFA again, he'll likely be worth whatever it takes to keep him.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
He just signed a 5 year deal, no? He's already got a ridiculous contract for his point production, but he's underpaid for his total contribution :)

When he's a UFA again, he'll likely be worth whatever it takes to keep him.

Hopefully he never reaches UFA.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
He doesn’t follow the rules, that is why he is constantly suspended. There are bigger guys than him, that finish their checks, they don’t have these problems. There are smaller guys than him, that get in trouble. Size is a cop out.

You can’t see that this guy can’t control himself?
He followed the rules and got suspended seven games. Yes he has a history but has changed his game. Isn’t that the point, to get players to adjust?? Apparently it’s not, it’s about public appearance.

I get people hating Tom, and I get why they don’t care. They think he deserves punishment because of his history. But this is a bad move, it sets a bad precedent, if we don’t like what we see we can suspend even if you followed the rules. Bettman sucks for letting this happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad